• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forum Guidelines: visitors read this

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Washington Redskins forum @ SportsHoopla . com
To make your life easier as a fan of this team we have created a page of Redskins Resources

We would like you to be aware of a few guidelines:

1. Be respectful. Most of the posters here have been together for upwards of 10 years.

• If you are a wanderer, please keep that in mind.
2. Try to keep your posts relevant to the topic of the thread you are posting in.

3. Before starting a new thread take a moment to see if a similar thread has already been created.

4. We have an Off Topic Lounge for topics unrelated to the Washington Redskins.

5. Politics is allowed here . I have desire to police it .

6. Language. We are all adults (or should be, according to TOS). Adult language is allowed.
  • PLEASE KEEP RULE 1 IN MIND
  • Do not use vulgar language to insult people as this will be considered personal
  • I have no desire to police insults anymore but I will ban you if it gets out of hand and I will determine what is and isnt period
7. Trolling will not be tolerated & includes the following:

• Starting incendiary/critical threads.
  • Engaging in flaming.
  • Attacking, stalking or trolling.
  • Bumping old threads to force currently relevant ones down the board
  • No thread hijacking will be tolerated
  • We have a Smack Talk Thread , USE IT.
    • There you can troll, name call, whine, piss & moan to your hearts content without repercussions.
    • If you carry it over to another thread then all bets are off.
8. SportsHoopla Rules & TOS still applies.​
9) The moderator is the arbitrator of this forum. Undercutting the authority of the moderator will not be tolerated . You can disagree with the moderators opinions and are free to express those opinions in a respectful manner as would be required of anyone . Administrative action will only take place when guidelines of this forum are violated not because you disagree with a moderators opinion .​
:badmin:

We welcome all users to post on this forum who can follow these guidelines.
Violators of these guidelines may have their posts deleted or receive warnings (usually via pm). They may be asked not to post in the forum again, or have their access restricted so they can’t view the forum. Banning, temporary or otherwise, may be considered as an option, as well.
If you can not live with these guidelines then please post elsewhere !

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# 5. Rule about politics has been suspended and is allowed in the OFf Topic Lounge as an experiment

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However I am strongly considering reinstating rule 5 . I am not happy with the direction of the discussions . It’s going the way of name calling and some posters who used the thread to talk about other sports topics aren’t able to use the off topic lounge as it was originally intended . If you have any input let me know here .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However I am strongly considering reinstating rule 5 . I am not happy with the direction of the discussions . It’s going the way of name calling and some posters who used the thread to talk about other sports topics aren’t able to use the off topic lounge as it was originally intended . If you have any input let me know here .

I'd like to keep it going for a little more time, and perhaps some rules specifically for this thread could be created and strictly adhered to. We as a group would be responsible for checking one another with you serving as sole and final arbitrator regarding how well it's working.

On a side note, I've tried the "Politics" forum and although the opinions are varied and in abundance, there's a sort of uniqueness to our political forum in that it's mostly our family that's posting there. Just a thought, Thanks for allowing for input on this!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me but posting anything other than political news is a waster to the rest of us who do not care to participate. I feel safe in saying that after 300+ pages it has come to a draw. No winners, no losers. It has become a little more contentious but that is what is going to happen when you did with politics, race relations etc.

My suggestion dad if you decide to keep it is to change the name to Politics and create a new Off Topic thread for football users. Just a thought. Every football forum needs a political forum but I would rather see it go in a specific forum thread than in the general football discussion threads.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rename the off topic forum to the politics and social issues forum.

Keep the FWIW as the off topic forum.

Anyone that posts football or generall off topic stuff of a non political or social issues post in that particular forum owes Skinsdad 20 pushups that must be video verified.

that is all.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rename the off topic forum to the politics and social issues forum.

Keep the FWIW as the off topic forum.

Anyone that posts football or generall off topic stuff of a non political or social issues post in that particular forum owes Skinsdad 20 pushups that must be video verified.

that is all.
Do all 20 have to be at the same time?:suds:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The silent majority wins out again. Funny how that always happens. oh shit. I guess that could be considered political......maybe my post can be the first one removed under the new guidelines!:D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mumble ... mumble ... mumble :tape: