• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Seahawk Brandon Mebane thinks Chargers are better than Seattle

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spanos picked AJ over Marty. That cost us a Super Bowl win and the rest has been history.

(and yet somehow the Chargers are still a better franchise than the Seahawks)

Chargers are 11-17 in the playoffs with no Super-Bowl wins.... 1 Super-Bowl appearance
Seahawks are 15-14 in the playoffs with a Super-Bowl win .... 3 Super-Bowl appearances

Better franchise ? I guess if you count the 8 team AFL ... lol

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebane was a solid Seahawk, I hold no grudges, and I wish him well.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, to help the Olympic judges get ready for this summer, we had them grade your trolling effort:

3.1, 2.8, 2.5, 3.9, 9.2 (damned Russian judges).

Actually that 9.2 was me. I can't say money did exchange hands ;).

Still waiting on that pats SB ring Vladimir

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol wut!? If 1st and 2nd rounder dictated how much talent is on a team and what makes a team better than another, then the Browns should be suing someone.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody taking the bait yet. Damnit people. Somebody pat Hammer on the head.
Give it a moment @handicrappers or @Q will. Can you clarify head for them?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Company man! I respect players pumping up their new team. I don't think he honestly believes that though.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you people want him to say? "Yeah, this team is a cut below the big dogs but I just showed up for the money!"?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is of course just largely Mebane endearing himself to his new team, but there was definitely a way to do that without trying to put them above the place he just left. Dude isn't a professional speaker though...and a good chance maybe he's at least a little bit ticked that the Hawks paid the other DT (Rubin) and not him. But Mebane was the oldest starter on the defense, and that's just sorta how this thing works.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you people want him to say? "Yeah, this team is a cut below the big dogs but I just showed up for the money!"?

I understand that everybody is going to do this. If someone went from Denver to the Browns this offseason they would say what a great team they had and how they are so much more talented than their previous team. It happens over and over again. They have to be positive about their new team.

It is still stupid and almost invariably the person comes off looking like a fool down the road.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that everybody is going to do this. If someone went from Denver to the Browns this offseason they would say what a great team they had and how they are so much more talented than their previous team. It happens over and over again. They have to be positive about their new team.

It is still stupid and almost invariably the person comes off looking like a fool down the road.

Part of this though is the questions they get by the media. They are backed into a corner. Such as maybe Mebane was asked to compare this group of Chargers on defense to that of the Seahawks. Well at that point he has to choose and of course you go with the current team you are on. Also have to remember these guys are not media people. They are football players being asked to be very out in the public. Not all of these guys are great public speakers and what they say is not always what they mean. Or it can get manipulated by the media to get a story.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of this though is the questions they get by the media. They are backed into a corner. Such as maybe Mebane was asked to compare this group of Chargers on defense to that of the Seahawks. Well at that point he has to choose and of course you go with the current team you are on. Also have to remember these guys are not media people. They are football players being asked to be very out in the public. Not all of these guys are great public speakers and what they say is not always what they mean. Or it can get manipulated by the media to get a story.

No he doesn't. "What we accomplished in Seattle with 4 straight years leading the league in points allowed is something special, but there is a lot of talent here too and I'm looking forward to seeing where we can take it."

Really not that hard.

I do agree with the rest of what you said though, which is pretty much the way I take his remarks -- he's not a professional speaker. But considering how long he's been in the league and how many times he's been interviewed, doesn't seem like it is that hard to give a neutral answer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he doesn't. "What we accomplished in Seattle with 4 straight years leading the league in points allowed is something special, but there is a lot of talent here too and I'm looking forward to seeing where we can take it."

Really not that hard.

I do agree with the rest of what you said though, which is pretty much the way I take his remarks -- he's not a professional speaker. But considering how long he's been in the league and how many times he's been interviewed, doesn't seem like it is that hard to give a neutral answer.

But these guys go for broke. They want as leaders to show great confidence in their team. Heck wouldn't surprise me if he said the same thing to Chargers teammates in the hopes that it gives them more confidence in what they can accomplish.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that doesn't happen. No reporter stands at Mebane's locker room on garbage bag day, and says, 'hey remember that stupid comment you made about the Charger's D last off-season? How, stupid do you feel now?'
Heck, no-one questions Hammer here every year for years now when he predicts that Brady is the worst QB in the NFL, and he puts that shvt in WRITING. EVERY YEAR.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really not that hard.

C'mon JMR, you really think that Sherman, Wagner and the rest of the D are laying awake nights, PO'ed about one of their respected ex team-mates making a sunshine statement about his new team that he joined to get paid on his last contract in the NFL?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon JMR, you really think that Sherman, Wagner and the rest of the D are laying awake nights, PO'ed about one of their respected ex team-mates making a sunshine statement about his new team that he joined to get paid on his last contract in the NFL?
Of course not. They're probably laughing about it. (Though Avril was on 710 yesterday and definitely didn't sound amused when asked about it....not angry either.)