• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Redskin tracker

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins set an NFL record for most games in a season with an 80%+ completion percentage during yesterday's win.

But they are all short passes to great receivers...

then you look at the fact he is third in yards per completion and his best receiver has missed half the season, while his replacement is Treadwell.

Finally, you realize you are a dumb ass.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way ABCers who said KC would never sniff 10 wins

blow me he just did

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday night Kirk seemed to show up tonight

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins is just not very good when they turn the bright lights on as he goes to 0-9 on Monday Night Football. On top of that the Vikings were 4.5 point favorites.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs start we will see what happens

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC gets garbage time stats, and folds under pressure. Last night is another example in a long line of choke jobs for KC.

He’s almost like Tony Romo in that sense.

Nobody expects the Vikings to go very far in the playoffs.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC gets garbage time stats, and folds under pressure. Last night is another example in a long line of choke jobs for KC.

He’s almost like Tony Romo in that sense.

Nobody expects the Vikings to go very far in the playoffs.

Garbage stats has been disproven thousands of times.

last night he sucked, his receivers sucked, and his OL was horrible. Sadly, his third string RB wasn’t much help and the defense couldn’t stop people named Aaron.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday night Kirk seemed to show up tonight

Not a good game. The Vikes line all year has been poor and I thought Smith 1 would have a big game. He did. Pack was not afraid of Boone and shut him down. Zimm is lost when it comes to offense and hamstrings the team. Elflein is a liability.

Cousin's threw a great ball for a TD, another nice pass that would have been a TD and brought the Vikes back within 6 was called back for a hold. He threw one pick that was bad. Never saw the DB coming from the other side.

Not saying Preston Smith hasn't had a good year but holy crap Zadarius Smith is a beast.

Vikes had lots of chances due to TOs but they could not move the ball at all.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think having z Smith has really helped p Smith. Z was a nice fa signing for the pack

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage stats has been disproven thousands of times.

last night he sucked, his receivers sucked, and his OL was horrible. Sadly, his third string RB wasn’t much help and the defense couldn’t stop people named Aaron.

No, it hasnt been disproven “thousands of times,” geekoka.

“His oline sucked” “His wr’s sucked.”
“His rb sucked” sounds like somebody trying to deflect blame elsewhere.

KC folds like a cheap suit when the pressure is ratcheted up. THAT has been proven by his actual performances in the biggest games of his career.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC folds like a cheap suit when the pressure is ratcheted up. THAT has been proven by his actual performances in the biggest games of his career.
I tend to agree. He has a history of, if not choking, at least coming up flat in big games. Last night he was flat. As was the entire offense. That line is putrid, but even when he had a clean pocket, KC missed some throws. He also made a couple of great throws. Bottom line is he now has a label around the league. The only way to get rid of it is to come up big in a big game. He will have another chance in the playoffs. We will see.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins are clearly worse off bc they didnt sign KC when they have the chance.

Alex Smith was mediocre save one season, right before he was traded, McCoy sucks, and so did Keenum. The money used to sign them could have been used elsewhere.

And yet it is practically inevitable that KC will suck in the postseason, like it was inevitable how Tony Romo would. Romo made one boneheaded play per game, at the most inopportune time, and so did, does, and will KC.

He just simply doesnt have “it.”

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. He has a history of, if not choking, at least coming up flat in big games. Last night he was flat. As was the entire offense. That line is putrid, but even when he had a clean pocket, KC missed some throws. He also made a couple of great throws. Bottom line is he now has a label around the league. The only way to get rid of it is to come up big in a big game. He will have another chance in the playoffs. We will see.

Well said! I'm neither pro nor con when it comes to Cousins but facts are facts and he will always carry the label of not being able to win consistently against winning teams until he proves otherwise.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has been proven numerous times by me that he doesn’t get stats merely in garbage time. I have gone through and listed it.

His OL did suck.
His WRs did suck.
His RBs were third string because Cook and Mattison were down.

I also said KC did suck.

As for big games, as big games are rarely played on Monday Night...
KC against Drew Brees in 2015, KC threw for 324 and 4 TDS blowing NO out.
The last 4 games in 2015, KC was the best QB in football, when there is no bigger game.
Then 2016, KC destroys Rodgers in crazy winds throwing for 375 and 3 TDS scoring 42.

As for winning on Monday, I remember KC leading a game tying TD drive against Dallas in the final minute of a Monday game. The defense ended up giving up a FG in under 45 seconds.

Monday against the Eagles, he threw for 303 and 3 TDS.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, Kirk Cousins is everything that is being prescribed of him thus far. To be honest he has earned praise and disparagement equally because he's learned to function as an NFL QB, and cannot unlearn what he is or better is not, as a leader.

While it is true that typically the QB is the functionary leader of his team, especially on the offensive side of the ball, this does not apply to Kirk Cousins and a few others around the league. (Baker Mayfield to name one other)

Rather than going through a litany of reasons why certain current QB's are the leaders of their teams, I'll point out what they all have in common and what makes them better suited to be "fit-in" players rather than the leaders that their teams need them to be.

Disclaimer: Kirk is still a pretty good QB but his issues go far beyond being able to pass a football.

Here's what they are not:

1. Creative ... in making something out of nothing off script. I write this knowing that Mayfield was made famous for this and it just hasn't transferred to the professional game... Yet! Kirk never had this trait.

2. Influencers... to actually win a game, almost by force of will, that their team had no business winning but did so because he wouldn't let them lose it.

3. Authoritative... Sure he's played a whole lot better since being scolded by his teammates, but isn't that the issue? They owned the authority that should have been his, because of the kind of leader that he hasn't been.

4. Confidence peddlers... Let's be honest, Kirk didn't get that 0-9 record overnight, and as that record grew, he's increasingly needed a statement game, under the brightest of NFL regular season lights, to announce to one and all that he's a gamer no matter the forum. There's still opportunity for him in the play-offs, but right now, if you had to bet your life on Kirk Cousins willing his team to victory, would you? No!, right? I'll bet that his teammates feel the same way too!

5. Good under pressure... This is a bit different than #1 above in that it doesn't require the creative element as much as it does delivering when they know that as the ball is leaving their hands, they are taking whatever is coming and completing that pass anyway.

6. Dawgs... This explains itself, but for those who are unsure, it's what Doc Walker often talks about when he says... "This is a man issue." Where you're figuratively (literally on field ) going into another man's house, taking his food off of his table and eating it in front of him. None of that soft assed middle American B.S. ( yeah I said it!) or keyboard tough guy nonsense, but down in the dirt, man to man, you're going to respect me or be forced to get a note from your mom excusing you from adult contact sport warfare. It is interesting to note that for all of the good that he's done on the field, no one has ever accused Kirk of being a tough guy, a fighter or a baller.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousin's is going to the playoffs … Nanny, nanny boo boo. :pound::pound:

It is Christmas in WV and I couldn't help one childish remark.

Merry Christmas everyone.