• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Colts RB Zurlon Tipton dead after accidental shooting

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's to be expected with a loaded weapon without he safety on and it being in a duffel bag, either way it is still a very sad tragedy

True...But I'm surprised they haven't blamed it on a white cop somehow !!!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure one could come up with a reason that a person needs to own 12 firearms if they try hard enough:noidea:
My wife and I love to hunt, shoot clay pigeons and target practice.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I love to hunt, shoot clay pigeons and target practice.
Don't get me wrong, it's not my place to say what you should do in your own house. I think it's great that you like to hunt and own a gun. My point was about owning 12 guns. That's the type of stuff you eventually read about on the news. "He was a nice guy, quiet and kept to himself"

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, it's not my place to say what you should do in your own house. I think it's great that you like to hunt and own a gun. My point was about owning 12 guns. That's the type of stuff you eventually read about on the news. "He was a nice guy, quiet and kept to himself"
Actually we are outgoing folks and like to socialize. Many of our friends also own numerous firearms.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure one could come up with a reason that a person needs to own 12 firearms if they try hard enough:noidea:

Why does anyone " need" something in order to own it? I know guys that have half a dozen vehicles. Some are projects to restore, some are for camping or 4 wheeling, some are just because. Same with guns. So many to choose from and they have different uses. However owning them doesn't mean you actually need them, just want them for various reasons.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does anyone " need" something in order to own it? I know guys that have half a dozen vehicles. Some are projects to restore, some are for camping or 4 wheeling, some are just because. Same with guns. So many to choose from and they have different uses. However owning them doesn't mean you actually need them, just want them for various reasons.
Sorry...I'm sure one could come up with a reason that a person wants to own 12 firearms if they try hard enough:noidea:

feel better

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry...I'm sure one could come up with a reason that a person wants to own 12 firearms if they try hard enough:noidea:

feel better
I know several individuals who own more then 12 guns or at least have at some point. I'm not one of them, but I do like checking out their collection. My Dad was a hunter and he owned several rifles, never seemed like a big deal back then. I never really enjoyed hunting myself, seemed like a lot of hard work. Hiking thru the mountain for hours, one quick kill shoot, then butchering and cutting it up, then packing it all the way back. The packing it out was really hard work.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see hunters owning quite a few guns, because different game calls for different guns. Home security a 9, 44 or 45 plus a 410 will suffice.
One weapon I can't see why the common person needs is a 50cal sniper weapon, you can't hunt with it and I haven't seen too many houses you can defend with it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see hunters owning quite a few guns, because different game calls for different guns. Home security a 9, 44 or 45 plus a 410 will suffice.
One weapon I can't see why the common person needs is a 50cal sniper weapon, you can't hunt with it and I haven't seen too many houses you can defend with it.
I told my son ( who's a gun nut ) I'd trade him my expensive, but rarely used chainsaw for home security gun, but I didn't want anything to powerful. So what does he get me? A Dirty Harry type 45 that would shoot thru every wall in my home and my neighbor home as well.:gaah: I'm in the market for something just a tad bit less powerful. Think I should just get a 12 gauge shotgun.
:rolleyes2:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told my son ( who's a gun nut ) I'd trade him my expensive, but rarely used chainsaw for home security gun, but I didn't want anything to powerful. So what does he get me? A Dirty Harry type 45 that would shoot thru every wall in my home and my neighbor home as well.:gaah: I'm in the market for something just a tad bit less powerful. Think I should just get a 12 gauge shotgun.
Make sure you saw it off.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In many cases just racking the slide will scare of inteuders, most are looking for easy jobs, if they know their in for a fight, they'll find another house.