• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forbes: Best and Worst Teams for the Money

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn is listed as one of the worst teams for the money = Fail

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn is listed as one of the worst teams for the money = Fail

It's only goes back 3 years. And aside from this year, it's been pretty bad in that time. It even mentions that this year takes a good bit of the umph off it.

Cheese Dick was a waste of money, don't see how anyone can argue that. It's obvious that Gus was the real factor behind 2010.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only goes back 3 years. And aside from this year, it's been pretty bad in that time. It even mentions that this year takes a good bit of the umph off it.

Cheese Dick was a waste of money, don't see how anyone can argue that. It's obvious that Gus was the real factor behind 2010.
Auburn only had one truly bad year 2011 we went to the Chik Fl a which is decent.
Chizik was horrible but he did bring in Gus and that alone was probably worth the investment.
Gus was definitely the factor it sure wasn't Ted Roof.

Study is flawed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn only had one truly bad year 2011 we went to the Chik Fl a which is decent.
Chizik was horrible but he did bring in Gus and that alone was probably worth the investment.
Gus was definitely the factor it sure wasn't Ted Roof.

Study is flawed.

If Auburn was getting what it paid for, then Gene would still be there.

/discussion

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Auburn was getting what it paid for, then Gene would still be there.

/discussion
Let's put it this way:

2010 National Championship
2011 Solid Bowl
2012 Worst season in school history
2013 Playing for national championship

How many schools would kill for that and gladly write the check and then some?

Think Texas would trade?
Oklahoma?
Michigan?
Oregon?
Standford?
USC?
Georgia?
Penn State?
Ohio State?
Miami?
FSU?
Florida?
Miami?
Clemson?
Tennessee?
LSU?

I think Alabama is the only school in the country that wouldn't make the trade.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbes is continually putting out these flawed studies just to piss Barner Fife off. What's wrong wid' 'em?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbes is continually putting out these flawed studies just to piss Barner Fife off. What's wrong wid' 'em?
At some point based solely on the concept of probability you should be able to post something intelligent....we just might have to wait years for it to happen.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put it this way:

2010 National Championship
2011 Solid Bowl
2012 Worst season in school history
2013 Playing for national championship

How many schools would kill for that and gladly write the check and then some?

Think Texas would trade?
Oklahoma?
Michigan?
Oregon?
Standford?
USC?
Georgia?
Penn State?
Ohio State?
Miami?
FSU?
Florida?
Miami?
Clemson?
Tennessee?
LSU?

I think Alabama is the only school in the country that wouldn't make the trade.

It doesn't take into account 2010, just the past 3 years.

Those other schools don't spend as much as Auburn.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take into account 2010, just the past 3 years.

Those other schools don't spend as much as Auburn.
I understand what he used as a sample for his study however he should have been smart enough to realize the entire CFB world would trade with Auburn with just one exception. That makes his premise of a "bad investment" laughable. Personally once the data came to the conclusions he reached I would have modified it. Too not do so just makes him look silly even if the numbers are correct.

Answer honestly do you put your name on that article knowing 2010 makes it a ridiculous conclusion?

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point based solely on the concept of probability you should be able to post something intelligent....we just might have to wait years for it to happen.

So calling the Forbes article flawed with nothing to back yourself up with is intelligent. Gotcha'

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So calling the Forbes article flawed with nothing to back yourself up with is intelligent. Gotcha'

Read I'm backing my statement up fine.

Now believing what you read when you know it is wrong just because it makes you feel good is unintelligent so your streak won't end today I'm guessing.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read I'm backing my statement up fine.

Now believing what you read when you know it is wrong just because it makes you feel good is unintelligent so your streak won't end today I'm guessing.

You just admitted in your previous post his numbers are correct. 2010 is excluded.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just admitted in your previous post his numbers are correct. 2010 is excluded.
But it shouldn't have been because it leads to an erroneous conclusion. The last step when pulling a sample of data is to review the conclusion and if that conclusion has anomalies that seem odd then you increase the sample size and re-test. This is true for all sampling.

The author kept Auburn because it sensationalized his article and made it more interesting to a greater number of readers. This is why you should always view the media with a skeptical eye.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it shouldn't have been because it leads to an erroneous conclusion. The last step when pulling a sample of data is to review the conclusion and if that conclusion has anomalies that seem odd then you increase the sample size and re-test. This is true for all sampling.

The author kept Auburn because it sensationalized his article and made it more interesting to a greater number of readers. This is why you should always view the media with a skeptical eye.

Call Forbes then and cry about how stupid their writer is. His article. His parameters. You Barner Fife's sure get your feelings hurt easily and start the mudslinging.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typical barner wanting to cherry pick dates to make them look best.

Why does it even matter? All it's doing is taking the # of wins and how much was paid for each. Do you think I want to trade places with Cincy? Fuck no. But I don't give a crap if Cincy gets the most wins for their buck at all.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call Forbes then and cry about how stupid their writer is. His article. His parameters. You Barner Fife's sure get your feelings hurt easily and start the mudslinging.
My feelings aren't hurt I just find the study flawed and if you were smart enough to understand why you would agree.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical barner wanting to cherry pick dates to make them look best.

Why does it even matter? All it's doing is taking the # of wins and how much was paid for each. Do you think I want to trade places with Cincy? Fuck no. But I don't give a crap if Cincy gets the most wins for their buck at all.
I'm not cherry picking...in fact that is what the writer did and why the sample is flawed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not cherry picking...in fact that is what the writer did and why the sample is flawed.

Yes, he cherry picked data specifically to make Auburn look bad. :L