• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For those who think the NFL is declining

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is fine and I wish I could say the same for the Pat's yesterday

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first season when the league played 17 regular-season games. Despite the extra games, there were not many blowouts. According to the league, 64% of all games this season were within one score in the fourth quarter.

NFL games ranked in the top 16 and accounted for 91 of the top 100 telecasts on television during the season, according to Nielsen. The Dallas Cowboys were involved in five of the 10 most-viewed games, including the Week 12 Thanksgiving Day match with the Las Vegas Raiders, which averaged 40.8 million viewers. That was the most-watched regular-season game on any network in 31 years and one of only two since 1988 to average at least 40 million.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All those predicting doom and gloom pretty much got it wrong completely.
This has been a really, really good football season. And yeah... I never bought into the "decline" amounting to much anyway.

Most of the "I'll never watch the NFL again" people I know, never watched the NFL to begin with. Down here in South Carolina, it's all either guys who only liked the college game to begin with or are about as casual as casual gets when it comes to following sports.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Finally a woke gentleman like myself.

Well can I be a slave for millions of dollars? You'd be surprised what I'll do....

Still think that fucker getting the shit kicked out of him on the United flight was the luckiest son of a bitch ever... concussion, 5 minutes of beat up... for 8 figures... lucky fucker. I'll gladly have TSA, the cops, a couple fat flight attendants, and the Captain himself kick my ass for 5 minutes straight for a free trip to the hospital and $1M.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well can I be a slave for millions of dollars? You'd be surprised what I'll do....

Still think that fucker getting the shit kicked out of him on the United flight was the luckiest son of a bitch ever... concussion, 5 minutes of beat up... for 8 figures... lucky fucker. I'll gladly have TSA, the cops, a couple fat flight attendants, and the Captain himself kick my ass for 5 minutes straight for a free trip to the hospital and $1M.
I was joking, man. I only use "woke" ironically. And yeah... I'll take a an ass kicking (so long as the damage doesn't disable me) for 8 figures any day of the week. Also, are you talking about that asian doctor who wouldn't leave the plane? He was kind of an ass to begin with and he still go paid.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people wanted to make a statement to the NFL they would watch the super bowl but turn it off during the commercials. But they don't. They are afraid they might miss Budweiser bringing back the stupid talking frogs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people wanted to make a statement to the NFL they would watch the super bowl but turn it off during the commercials. But they don't. They are afraid they might miss Budweiser bringing back the stupid talking frogs.
The alternative to commercials is pay for view and we don't want that.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The alternative to commercials is pay for view and we don't want that.
Yeah I was joking because there are always people that say they watch the super bowl just for the commercials.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly enough, the only game of the year in which I watch without recording it on the DVR (to avoid the commercials, natch) is the Super Bowl. Not only to watch the game, but the commercials as well. Every year, the most expensive commercial in all of TV is the one that immediately follows the first timeout of the game. For no other reason than to see why a company would lavish such expenses on a 30 second spot is always intriguing to me. But SB aside, I prefer to DVR the games and skip all those annoying commercials. I've gotten so use to doing this over the years that I can't watch it any other way - of course with the SB itself being the exception.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly enough, the only game of the year in which I watch without recording it on the DVR (to avoid the commercials, natch) is the Super Bowl. Not only to watch the game, but the commercials as well. Every year, the most expensive commercial in all of TV is the one that immediately follows the first timeout of the game. For no other reason than to see why a company would lavish such expenses on a 30 second spot is always intriguing to me. But SB aside, I prefer to DVR the games and skip all those annoying commercials. I've gotten so use to doing this over the years that I can't watch it any other way - of course with the SB itself being the exception.
That takes some patience and you have to make sure no one tells you the score before you watch it, but I understand it.