• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For those who think the NFL is declining

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean because the players sometimes make only a million dollars a season? Do you eat at McDonald's or Taco Bell? Do college graduates mow your lawn?
No I only eat Wendy's and Chipotle.

And some of those guys only make league minimum wage, which isn't even a living wage in some states.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I only eat Wendy's and Chipotle.

And some of those guys only make league minimum wage, which isn't even a living wage in some states.
C'mon now. Practice squad guys less than 2 years accrued time make $9200/ week for a possible 18 weeks work which works out to $165,600. League minimum for players is $660,000. Now maybe an uptown condo in the big apple isn't affordable but let's not act like these guys are homeless and starving here.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny....football fans who doesn't watch football but state their football opinions on the internet. I guess that's the new normal now.
Well, I live in Delaware and the closest team is probably the Redskins. They are a sad team to be a fan of, and I may actually abandon my allegiance when they announce the new team name if it's too embarrassing. I hate the Ravens and the Eagles. I gave up on my long-time favorites, the Patriots, when they signed Cam Neutron.

The league used to be better. Expansion, both more teams and more games, is starting to show as the talent pool gets thinner and thinner.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do they respect the troops yet?!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I live in Delaware and the closest team is probably the Redskins. They are a sad team to be a fan of, and I may actually abandon my allegiance when they announce the new team name if it's too embarrassing. I hate the Ravens and the Eagles. I gave up on my long-time favorites, the Patriots, when they signed Cam Neutron.

The league used to be better. Expansion, both more teams and more games, is starting to show as the talent pool gets thinner and thinner.

old.jpg

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^^^.

I don't watch local TV or network TV or cable TV. We stream Netflix or Amazon, but we don't just put the idiot box on just to have commercials and other noise thrown at us.

I don't watch the NFL either. Virtue signaling and kneeling have pissed the GF off. She also hates anything she thinks is violent, which is practically anything other than stupid sitcoms and game shows.

It's the total failure of network TV that's increasing NFL ratings, not the NFL. The only drama in this year's playoff race has been fighting among the bottom feeders for the extra wild-card slots, which we don't need anyway.

Sure thing guy. There has never been more talent and more parity in the NFL than there is today. There are at least 10 teams and fan bases with a legitimate shot at making it to the Super Bowl... not just a chance, but a legitimate shot where nobody would be surprised if they made it. .. but "no drama" lol

We get it .. you're frustrated that actual football fans have ignored your little right-wing, cancel culture boycott. But the reality is that the NFL has never been better or more popular.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t need facts to get in the way of my narrative

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our entire immediate family in the area gets together and watch the Seahawks' games every Sunday, as we have since 1976 when we used to do it at the Grandparents house. Usually that means about 12 people but it can be up to 20. Every game for 45 or so years now. Tradition.

I have 2 bro-in-laws that whined about the political aspects surrounding it a few years back. The rest of the family basically told them to shut the fuck up so we can watch the games.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure thing guy. There has never been more talent and more parity in the NFL than there is today. There are at least 10 teams and fan bases with a legitimate shot at making it to the Super Bowl... not just a chance, but a legitimate shot where nobody would be surprised if they made it. .. but "no drama" lol

We get it .. you're frustrated that actual football fans have ignored your little right-wing, cancel culture boycott. But the reality is that the NFL has never been better or more popular.
Him saying “we” let’s me know he isn’t in charge of the remote.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been tuning in since my older family members were saying Starr should hang it up, he was done, and he did. I haven't had cable or dish TV since about 1999, but still find a way to watch the Packers on Thurs, Sat, Sun or Monday...don't matter to me...I don't miss them very often, and when I do it's something that is either unavoidable or actually truly important. In the last 10 years or so I've spent a lot more time watching other teams and games Most of that is due to Thursday night, Sunday night and Monday night. They've made the product more visible and I watch it more than I had.

With blackout rules, back in the day, you had a shot at a 2nd Sunday game most of the time, then Monday night, now you get a lot more time slots filled by the games on Thurs and Sun night, so you can watch a lot more. I don't watch broadcast TV so I can't really comment on its quality, but when I shut off cable for good back in 99, I thought is was awful, so I just never turned it back on.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I still watch.

How else am I supposed to cuss at the Texans?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting subject, I remember several fringe morons raving about how streaming games was the holocast …oh poor TV
:L

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch more than one game on Saturday or Sunday, you are missing out on life

Or you're a football Junkie and you need fixes...........

And CFL doesn't do it for me.

Sunday ticket is a good invention. Syndication on the other hand.....

I'm under a #FuckBellCommuncations train of thought. They have one good idea but 3 bad ones.........

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stream DAZN and get every game, NFL Network, Red Zone NFLfilms, all that for For $20/mo. Then stream movies(free) when football isn't on. Basically nothing else but youtube on my tablet. I don't even own a TV anymore. I might buy a small monitor( 24 in) if/when my boarding house gives me a free cable box but I don't need it. Network TV sucks, sports channels suck, my childhood favorite sport , hockey has become virtually unwatchable. Haven't watched a regular season game in about 5 years.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stream DAZN and get every game, NFL Network, Red Zone NFLfilms, all that for For $20/mo. Then stream movies(free) when football isn't on. Basically nothing else but youtube on my tablet. I don't even own a TV anymore. I might buy a small monitor( 24 in) if/when my boarding house gives me a free cable box but I don't need it. Network TV sucks, sports channels suck, my childhood favorite sport , hockey has become virtually unwatchable. Haven't watched a regular season game in about 5 years.

I went 2 or 3 years, unless special occasions, but the whole Bruce situation has brought me back.

It's hit or miss now.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bengals could always use a new fan especially with that Internet Handle.