• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

for those wanting floyd

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN 1500 Twin Cities reports the Vikings are "still maintaining dialogue" with free agent DT Henry Melton.

Melton met with the Vikings earlier this week and is also drawing interest from Seattle and Dallas. In Minnesota, Melton would be an upgrade over Sharrif Floyd in Mike Zimmer's 4-3 scheme opposite Linval Joseph. Melton is five months removed from ACL surgery and expected to be ready for training camp.

Maybe our Defensive scouts did know what they were talking about :noidea:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN 1500 Twin Cities reports the Vikings are "still maintaining dialogue" with free agent DT Henry Melton.

Melton met with the Vikings earlier this week and is also drawing interest from Seattle and Dallas. In Minnesota, Melton would be an upgrade over Sharrif Floyd in Mike Zimmer's 4-3 scheme opposite Linval Joseph. Melton is five months removed from ACL surgery and expected to be ready for training camp.

Dont say that ....... Floyd was the golden boy we passed on :laugh3:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if a writer thinks that a potential Pro Bowler like Melton is better than Floyd, then Floyd must be a bust, right? You guys are so absolute in everything. He sure would have helped us a lot more than Escobar last year. Our braintrust saw him as a 1 technique only. That's not where other teams see him, so I'm not sure they've been proven right about anything...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if a writer thinks that a potential Pro Bowler like Melton is better than Floyd, then Floyd must be a bust, right? You guys are so absolute in everything. He sure would have helped us a lot more than Escobar last year. Our braintrust saw him as a 1 technique only. That's not where other teams see him, so I'm not sure they've been proven right about anything...

It's no secret I was against the Escobar pick, but I don't see the coalition between he and Floyd. Floyd was no longer available when we took Escobar.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still looking for the guy that was good with the escobar pick

Most on these boards (fronm what I remember) wanted Warford with that pick. What a young talented OL that would look like.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the names and don't want to falsely accuse anyone but there was at least one person calling for Eifert in the first. Kept on that we'd run New England's offense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no secret I was against the Escobar pick, but I don't see the coalition between he and Floyd. Floyd was no longer available when we took Escobar.

The point is that some continue to say anyone that felt Frederick would have still been there in the 2nd round didn't like the player or the pick. The reality is some of us felt Frederick would be there in the 2nd or even deeper. So If we took Floyd (or Reid really) in the first and Frederick in the 2nd then the tradeoff is Escobar for one of those two, not Frederick.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most on these boards (fronm what I remember) wanted Warford with that pick. What a young talented OL that would look like.

Define most....you can't unless this is written down somewhere

I know anything and everything will be said at one time or another.

The true off the wall shit is what is remembered. Something like Ryan Mallet will go to more pro bowls than Tony Romo

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sad thing is Warford was available. Imagine a line with Smith Frederick and Warford

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about most, but I remember Warford was one of the more popular picks predraft and when that spot came up many were hoping for him. If I remember correctly we had a shot at him in the 3rd also, but I don't remember where he went exactly. I had read a bunch of tweets from Broaddus that morning saying he wasn't high on our draft board at all, so I didn't expect it to happen.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is Warford was available. Imagine a line with Smith Frederick and Warford

Don't forget Leary. I love that kid and he is just as young as the others. I guess we can always play the what if game, where in reality Frederick could have gone the pick after we would have passed on him or if we drafted Warford he could have stepped on T Smith leg in practice and broke it and ended his career!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite Broaddus quote was the day after Murray ran for 250 something against the Rams. He said after reviewing the film, Felix Jones woulda had 350 that day and cautioned fans to not get too excited cause it was the Rams.

maybe if some here didn't buy all in on any opinion by a so-called expert...but then again, this joint wouldn't be near as much fun

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that some continue to say anyone that felt Frederick would have still been there in the 2nd round didn't like the player or the pick. The reality is some of us felt Frederick would be there in the 2nd or even deeper. So If we took Floyd (or Reid really) in the first and Frederick in the 2nd then the tradeoff is Escobar for one of those two, not Frederick.

That's correct. And I would be willing to bet the book hasn't been written on Floyd yet. Wait till he's been with Zimmer a couple of years. Zim didn't hurt Geno Atkins career much

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite Broaddus quote was the day after Murray ran for 250 something against the Rams. He said after reviewing the film, Felix Jones woulda had 350 that day and cautioned fans to not get too excited cause it was the Rams.

maybe if some here didn't buy all in on any opinion by a so-called expert...but then again, this joint wouldn't be near as much fun

That is a good one. But, he seemed to be right on Warford which is the comment I was alluding to.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's correct. And I would be willing to bet the book hasn't been written on Floyd yet. Wait till he's been with Zimmer a couple of years. Zim didn't hurt Geno Atkins career much

While I am in no way going to write off a second year player like Floyd with Williams in front of him his first year, I'm not sure the Atkins comparison is pertinent. Some guys will be great with any system. Others will stink in any system. My guess is Floyd settles in somewhere between Atkins and a Bust

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with this is yours don't know if Frederick would be there in the 2nd. You think he would. Knowing what you know now would you rather have Floyd over Frederick. I was upset with the trade for two reasons. 1. The value we got in return. 2. Warford was available. I wanted an OLman over all others. Didn't want Floyd period and thought Reid was a reach. (I can admit he wasn't). Wasn't to happy at first with the Frederick pick either because Warford was still there. After some quick reading I was satisfied with Frederick. Really flew off the handle when Escobar was called with Warford still on the board.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am in no way going to write off a second year player like Floyd with Williams in front of him his first year, I'm not sure the Atkins comparison is pertinent. Some guys will be great with any system. Others will stink in any system. My guess is Floyd settles in somewhere between Atkins and a Bust

I didn't mean to say Floyd would be as good as Atkins, only that Zimmer will elevate his game