• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For Harrison Barnes we get...

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Green of the Boston Celtics. At some point, Danny Ainge is going to begin accumulating young talent through the draft for the next couple of years. I'm guessing Green is about 26 and by the time Danny is finished w his project, JG is 29. Not old and in his prime still but no longer young. Harrison Barnes my not be viewed all that highly unless he does well the 2nd half or in the post season. I think Ainge could easily take a chance w HB, play him at the SF spot along w Sullinger at the 4 and roll the dice to see if Barnes does have upside. Giving up Green to get younger and maybe cheaper is a small risk. Green would give the Ws a nice SF w scoring ability, someone who can shoot the 3, run the court and the only downside is that he disappears and does not have a real tough personality. Green is a complimentary player that can occasionally get hot and look like an all star. I don't believe Lee and Barnes can net you Love or even Melo. Also, if we got Melo it's a huge risk. Either it works or it fails. Getting Green is workable and it moves Ike to the 6th man role helping to improve the bench. I say let's get Green from the green.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green would give the Ws a nice SF w scoring ability, someone who can shoot the 3, run the court and the only downside is that he disappears and does not have a real tough personality. Green is a complimentary player that can occasionally get hot and look like an all star..

Um...didn't you basically just describe Harrison Barnes? The Harrison Barnes who has a salary about 1/3 of Green's?

I would pass on that, even if you could make the money work. If I'm sending Barnes to the Celtics, I'd better be getting Sullinger back.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad back

Um...didn't you basically just describe Harrison Barnes? The Harrison Barnes who has a salary about 1/3 of Green's?

I would pass on that, even if you could make the money work. If I'm sending Barnes to the Celtics, I'd better be getting Sullinger back.

So,

I normally agree with you, not here. Green can play. He has obvious skills. He does not have a tough personality nor is he consistent but you know he has ability. HB is a someone w upside and that is about it. Barnes will become a very solid SF (R. Jefferson w muscle) or he'll become another draft pick that for various reasons simply can't cut it. Re Sullinger: he has a bad back at the age of 22.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So,

I normally agree with you, not here. Green can play. He has obvious skills. He does not have a tough personality nor is he consistent but you know he has ability. HB is a someone w upside and that is about it. Barnes will become a very solid SF (R. Jefferson w muscle) or he'll become another draft pick that for various reasons simply can't cut it. Re Sullinger: he has a bad back at the age of 22.

We don't need another player who takes major portions of the game off.