• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football is such garbage

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think our defense is as good as it looked yesterday. I think it is good, and much improved, but PHL's ineptitude really made our guys look better.
Agree, Philly didn't play well (Bradford missed open guys and open guys dropped passes) but what bothered me was the announcers and media and fans acting like our defense wasn't a big part of that. Our run defense was very good and even though we didn't get a lot of sacks we put pressure on Bradford without blitzing which allowed guys to help in coverage. I thought it was kind of a slap in the face to our D the way the great job they did was ignored. How many runs did we bust up in the backfield and the coverage was darn good IMHO. Maybe it's coincidence, but with Sean Lee out there we just seem better and seem better coached...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on what you are calling a top 5 defense- yards, scoring , eye test? To have a top 5 defense, it's kind of important to have a pretty decent offense that can run the ball. I may not know a lot but I do know that. Those 3rd down conversions we got week 1 may not happen quite as much.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you do manster...that's the safe assumption based on history.

my crystal ball?
You mean like the one I had last year before the season started? I didn't see one other person call last years defense what it became other than me. Not in early September I didn't.

Now you watch closely the next few weeks. Coaching and talent matter with good health and Dallas has it
Really?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree to disagree

IMO, it's the coaching that will put us over the top.
You guys just need to see it or read about it before you sing that tune

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you do manster...that's the safe assumption based on history.

my crystal ball?
You mean like the one I had last year before the season started? I didn't see one other person call last years defense what it became other than me. Not in early September I didn't.

Now you watch closely the next few weeks. Coaching and talent matter with good health and Dallas has it
Truth is I said right here on these boards that minus injuries they'd be about the 20th ranked D.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is too early to push the panic button. Just saying.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes....I'm saying it

you always claim after the fact. I know it's important to you so I'll say you were second if that makes you walk taller.........:D
You sure seem the one to want to claim scoreboard on here and I claim nothing after the fact I didn't say before. If you don't remember me arguing with everyone that said our D was going to be worse than the year before and one of the worst in the league and outlining how we were playing DL literally off the street and how many big injuries we had and how it wasn't likely that would happen again and how our young guys were only going to get better...well, that's OK with me...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's always you or jarntt.

laughing at both of you.
Onward board cred!!
you are off the reservation today. Someone pissed in your cheerios?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...reading the bull shit on this board will from time to time cause me to post.

way to go out on a limb saying the 14 D will be better than the 13 D.
I took fan nation posters on the minute they arrived talking about having the worst D IN ALL OF FOOTBALL.
I didn't say better....I said top half of the league and didn't see you nor manster standing toe to toe with me.

Top 5 this year....you boys wanna step out on the ledge or would you prefer to let a couple of more weeks go by B4 your on record

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW....shark doesn't pay off when he loses.
My bet with him was at the start of the season....not 5/6 games into the season

stay on the porch boys

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if we we are top 5 or 25 th. This season is about Super Bowl to me. The last 2 weeks have hurt those chances. Yes pretty gloomy here still

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW....shark doesn't pay off when he loses.
My bet with him was at the start of the season....not 5/6 games into the season

stay on the porch boys

what was the bet?

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this defense finishes in the top 5 it would be a miracle IMO.

Why do you think that? They are third right now after two games. They have only given up one legit TD and that was in trash time so it really wasn't legit because they were playing soft to eat up clock. Wait till we get our pass rushers back, this defense could become scary good. I'm going out on a fairly strong limb to say, with health this defense could be as good as top two. Not a better set of linebackers in the league, and that line may become one of the best in the league. Yeah the front 7 is going to be scary good when we get some guys back and they stay healthy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was the bet?
$100 to the charity of the winners choice.
I asked that to go to the National Cancer Society in my Mom's name.
RomotoDez relayed this along with my Mo0m's name.

Crickets....to busy telling redskin nation how right he was about RG3.
LOL...the very same guy who told us all how we would regret the next 10 years with Bob under center in DC.

people are who they are and love to point fingers at the other guy

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K
Why do you think that? They are third right now after two games. They have only given up one legit TD and that was in trash time so it really wasn't legit because they were playing soft to eat up clock. Wait till we get our pass rushers back, this defense could become scary good. I'm going out on a fairly strong limb to say, with health this defense could be as good as top two. Not a better set of linebackers in the league, and that line may become one of the best in the league. Yeah the front 7 is going to be scary good when we get some guys back and they stay healthy.

Stats get skewed a lot , especially defensively. It depends on what top 5 is. I mean our offense gave the Giants 17 points basically but when it comes to scoring defense , we still get a 26 for that game. I think some of the real bad teams defensive stats sometimes look better because they are getting blown out and other teams are running the clock. It is what it is- We could finish there . I have seen Super Bowl champs have terrible defenses. I have seen 5-11 teams have a top 5. /. Talent wise- yes we can have a top 5. It will be tough because I don't think our offense will be able to sustain drives as well as they have.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can remember things however you would like. I really don't care (we weren't actually top half in defense anyway). I'm not a big projections guy, but Top 5? Sure it could happen and I hope like Hell it does, but if you want to want my prediction on it I'll say no we will not be top 5. Are you using stats or yards as your measuring stick?