• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Football is back!!!! Predict the record series: Philadelphia Eagles

What will their record be?

• 17-0

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 16-1

• 15-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14-3

• 13-4

• 12-5

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 11-6

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 10-7

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 9-8

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 8-9

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 7-10

• 6-11

• 5-12

• 4-13

• 3-14

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vote and discuss.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schedule is very forgiving. Furthest road game is Arizona. Bye is well positioned. Defense is much improved. They have really added skill threats the last 2 off seasons.

Here are my concerns:
1. Jalen Hurts - who knows what this guy will be. If he doesn’t make a step forward they can still hide him through play calling like they did last year. If he does take a step forward, the Eagles could be very good.
2. RB - you can’t count on Miles Sanders and Gainwell has been fumbling and dropping balls in camp. Would like to see them kick the tires on Kareem Hunt and send a 3rd or 4th for him. If Hurts is your plan you can never get enough solid depth.
3. Safety - Yikes! They have rebuilt the defense in an exceptional way except for this position.

I’m an eternal optimist so I will assume Hurts takes a step forward and I’ll go 12-5.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles can do better than indicated. Obviously big concerns for me is the health of the OL. On the defensive side, my concern is if Gannon learned from the mistakes from last season? The DL needs to establish a rush. I think with Cox and Davis will help with a rush up the middle. I want to see improvement from Gannon's scheme. No more seeing CBS playing 10 yds off the line of scrimmage. I think we will finally see some pass rushing this year with the addition of Davis. Can't double team both Cox and Davis without somebody being free to bring the heat.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-6 and 1st place.

Hurts should develop as he has a wealth of offensive talent and they upgraded the defense as well.

He has shown progress his first 2 seasons....needs to make the jump this season and with the questions in Dallas I think he will.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schedule is very forgiving. Furthest road game is Arizona. Bye is well positioned. Defense is much improved. They have really added skill threats the last 2 off seasons.

Here are my concerns:
1. Jalen Hurts - who knows what this guy will be. If he doesn’t make a step forward they can still hide him through play calling like they did last year. If he does take a step forward, the Eagles could be very good.
2. RB - you can’t count on Miles Sanders and Gainwell has been fumbling and dropping balls in camp. Would like to see them kick the tires on Kareem Hunt and send a 3rd or 4th for him. If Hurts is your plan you can never get enough solid depth.
3. Safety - Yikes! They have rebuilt the defense in an exceptional way except for this position.

I’m an eternal optimist so I will assume Hurts takes a step forward and I’ll go 12-5.
Hunt would be a really nice add.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here are my concerns:

said 10-7

I wonder if Browns would deal Hunt for a 3rd. Might want to recoup some picks from watson deal and highly unlikely he stays beyond this season IMO.

However, we did struggle without him last year. Chubb is great, but Hunt seems to be better in short yardage and/or near goal line.

Maybe at deadline if we are out of it?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said 10-7

I wonder if Browns would deal Hunt for a 3rd. Might want to recoup some picks from watson deal and highly unlikely he stays beyond this season IMO.

However, we did struggle without him last year. Chubb is great, but Hunt seems to be better in short yardage and/or near goal line.

Maybe at deadline if we are out of it?
Would prefer the Eagles do something before the season starts at either RB or S. I think they use Andre Dillard as a trade chip.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like 13-4 just glancing over their schedule.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would prefer the Eagles do something before the season starts at either RB or S. I think they use Andre Dillard as a trade chip.

It's not worthwhile trading Dillard, especially for a RB. They are a contending team this year and he's clearly the best backup LT on the team. Mailata is elite but he has missed time every season of his career due to injuries. He's likely to miss at least a game or two this season. At this point you hold onto Dillard unless some team is offering a 1st for him which I very much doubt any team would. When he walks in the offseason you will likely recoup a conditional 3rd rounder.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 10-7 and win the division. I'm not entirely sold on Hurts, but they have a good backup Minshew. They also some talent around Hurts so hopefully it works.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 10-7 and win the division. I'm not entirely sold on Hurts, but they have a good backup Minshew. They also some talent around Hurts so hopefully it works.
Agree with you on Hurts. In a way I would think they'd be better off with Minshew. We'll see, though...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think they would be too. I think there is a reason they didn't trade or released him.
If Hurts isn’t the guy, the Eagles are incentivized to keep playing him. There’s not much long term value in eking out 9-8 or 10-7 when they are looking for a franchise QB with the 2023 draft being QB heavy and the Eagles having 2 1sts to make moves. It Hurts isn’t the guy, they’re more likely to keep playing him and set themselves up for that draft. Just about every other piece is in place. I don’t Minshew is a franchise type QB personally. It would be a different story if they thought he could be that guy and they want to evaluate him like that. I don’t think that’s the case.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hurts isn’t the guy, the Eagles are incentivized to keep playing him. There’s not much long term value in eking out 9-8 or 10-7 when they are looking for a franchise QB with the 2023 draft being QB heavy and the Eagles having 2 1sts to make moves. It Hurts isn’t the guy, they’re more likely to keep playing him and set themselves up for that draft. Just about every other piece is in place. I don’t Minshew is a franchise type QB personally. It would be a different story if they thought he could be that guy and they want to evaluate him like that. I don’t think that’s the case.

I was looking at it from the standpoint as having Minshew as assurance. Like the Jets kept Flacco.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think they would be too. I think there is a reason they didn't trade or released him.

Because the Eagles are a contending team and value the backup QB position more than any other team in the league. If Hurts has to miss a little time or goes out for the season at any point due to injury then they want to have a QB that is able to step in and still give the team a chance to win. Releasing Minshew makes no sense at all so I'm not even sure why you are acting like them not doing that is due to some conspiracy. The only way they would trade him is if a team offered a 1st or some comparable high value package which no team would ever do. Eagles value the backup QB especially when they in a season when they feel they can contend for a championship.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at it from the standpoint as having Minshew as assurance. Like the Jets kept Flacco.
Ok now I get you. If Hurts is gonna make it, he’s going to need to utilize his ability to run to enhance his game. That puts him in harm’s way. I agree with you assessing Minshew as the type of guy that can come in and compete in 4-5 straight games if Hurts is out due to an injury.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you on Hurts. In a way I would think they'd be better off with Minshew. We'll see, though...
If Hurts struggles.....they go to Minshew to try and save the season. He doesn't commit a lot of mistakes and is a good field general.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hurts struggles.....they go to Minshew to try and save the season. He doesn't commit a lot of mistakes and is a good field general.
Hurts gets the whole year.

1661647729065.gif