• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Folks are mad up here in Boston

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, people are actually acting like they care about BC football. All pissed off because ND is the home team and their name is on Fenway. Pissed off because BC caved and let ND bully them into letting ND have a home game here. They have no clue what the Shamrock Series is all about. This is the most I have seen BC football talked about in the past 2 yrs. BC does not play their home games at Fenway, they have their own place. If it was not at Fenway, BC would be in SB this weekend. Man people are dumb....

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Boston People know what Shamrock Series means?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me none if some of them showed up expecting to see some sort of exhibition Red Sox game. Talk about pissed then ... :dhd:

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll explain it to them when I get there. I'm sure they will understand.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I hate to sound callous, I really do because I don't have any problems with Doug Flutie, but I'm curious if his parent's deaths will galvanize the team in any measure... also curious if the funeral would be set for Saturday and Flutie might not be on the broadcast?

This game may end up having more significance to BC than to ND, I hope we're not looking ahead.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I hate to sound callous, I really do because I don't have any problems with Doug Flutie, but I'm curious if his parent's deaths will galvanize the team in any measure... also curious if the funeral would be set for Saturday and Flutie might not be on the broadcast?

This game may end up having more significance to BC than to ND, I hope we're not looking ahead.

We are 4th in the playoff ranking. I'm sure that all the players heard everyone saying that Oklahoma or Oklahoma State are poised to pass us. If we are looking past BC, I put it on the coaches. Just show them the '93 game. This is BC's chance to salvage a crappy season, and they will play their best game of the year. But this is the next step for ND in our best chance to win the NC since '93. We need to look impressive in these last two games.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Boston People know what Shamrock Series means?

They have no clue. None what so ever. They actually think Jack called BC AD and said "Hey....Listen, we are going to make this game between us a home game for ND and there is nothing you can do about it. We are also going to take all the money and you have nothing at all, deal?"

They think BC and Fenway should have told ND to F off unless BC was the home team.....LOL

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is BC, they always play ND with a hip on their shoulder. Addazio is a former ND assistant who I am sure has coaching aspirations beyond BC, including ND, beating them would boost his resume, the added humiliation of playing an ND home game in an iconic Boston venue and you can pretty much guarantee we'll get their best game of the year. Their defense is legitimate. Their offense is pathetic, but I would be worried we get an awakening especially with them coming off a bye. Plus they would be the first to knock us off in a Shamrock Series game. God help Kelly if he doesn't have them ready. Can't sleepwalk through this game like the WF game.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is BC, they always play ND with a hip on their shoulder. Addazio is a former ND assistant who I am sure has coaching aspirations beyond BC, including ND, beating them would boost his resume, the added humiliation of playing an ND home game in an iconic Boston venue and you can pretty much guarantee we'll get their best game of the year. Their defense is legitimate. Their offense is pathetic, but I would be worried we get an awakening especially with them coming off a bye. Plus they would be the first to knock us off in a Shamrock Series game. God help Kelly if he doesn't have them ready. Can't sleepwalk through this game like the WF game.

Interesting. All the more reason to not look ahead and take this team seriously. But this is how ND rolls, so it's not like we shouldn't expect everyone's best game. I don't know whose meltdown would be worse if we lose, Kelly's or mine! :O

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading the BC forums, it's interesting that thèy characterize ND's defense as the worst one they have faced all year. They state that although their offense hasn't been good, the ND defense will give an opportunity to shine. I hope Kelly is showing this to the defense.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. All the more reason to not look ahead and take this team seriously. But this is how ND rolls, so it's not like we shouldn't expect everyone's best game. I don't know whose meltdown would be worse if we lose, Kelly's or mine! :O
Kelly's a Boston guy too. I don't think he wants to look bad in front of his family and friends

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, the stadium will not be filled with BC fans (worst cfb fans evah)

Does ND get the sellout? :noidea:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading the BC forums, it's interesting that thèy characterize ND's defense as the worst one they have faced all year. They state that although their offense hasn't been good, the ND defense will give an opportunity to shine. I hope Kelly is showing this to the defense.
Worse than Howard's? That is an insult.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't even an accurate statement. Only FSU, Clemson and NC State have better scoring defenses than ours.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't even an accurate statement. Only FSU, Clemson and NC State have better scoring defenses than ours.

Yes, but when you're obsessed, your statements don't have to be accurate.