• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers sign Kevin Goumas

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...maybe

UNH forward Kevin Goumas seems to have signed with Flyers organization - Broad Street Hockey

It appears as though the Flyers have signed University of New Hampshire senior forward Kevin Goumas. We were tipped off to the news via a tip on Twitter, and although we've been unable to 100 percent confirm it, there's a whole lot of smoke leading us to believe the news is true.

Why do we say that? Well, a USHL scout confirmed it (Goumas played in the USHL before college), a bunch of Goumas' UNH teammates have tweeted about it, Goumas then favorited those tweets, and finally Goumas himself followed @PhantomsHockey on Twitter today. Lots of smoke. Probably fire. Probably a Flyer.

Never heard of him, but his stats are nice

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the case, not a bad signing - at the very least it gives them more depth with the Phantoms - the Phantoms haven't been a playoff team in the AHL in a while - they need more guys that can play in the AHL

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't surprise me at all. My buddy Ryan (the scout) has told me the management has not been happy with the phantoms for a long time. Now some if that is probably due to always trading draft picks away but I digress. I fully expect the see the Phantoms completely rebuilt over the next 2 year as I feel the Flyers finally realize the truly succesful teams who've won cups lately have good farm systems.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to remember that the draft picks they have made have been very good they are actually playing in the NHL early so of course the farm team is depleted. Heck on the wings Couturier and Schenn would still be in the minors haha! Flyers are simply good at drafting NHL ready players which is a good thing!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to remember that the draft picks they have made have been very good they are actually playing in the NHL early so of course the farm team is depleted. Heck on the wings Couturier and Schenn would still be in the minors haha! Flyers are simply good at drafting NHL ready players which is a good thing!

The only players that the Flyers have drafted currently playing on the roster are Giroux, Couturier, Rinaldo & Gustaffson.ink recent years we had Ricahrds, Carter & Jvr but that's really it. This franchise has really relied heavily on trades and free agency to ice a team and they were for a while routinely trading away 1st & 2nd rounders. We do have some good prospects finally but nothing like most teams. Oh and the Red Wings are a horrible team to compare to because I'm pretty sure there's a rule that you have to be atleast 25 to make the team (or it uses to seem that way at least).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only players that the Flyers have drafted currently playing on the roster are Giroux, Couturier, Rinaldo & Gustaffson.ink recent years we had Ricahrds, Carter & Jvr but that's really it. This franchise has really relied heavily on trades and free agency to ice a team and they were for a while routinely trading away 1st & 2nd rounders. We do have some good prospects finally but nothing like most teams. Oh and the Red Wings are a horrible team to compare to because I'm pretty sure there's a rule that you have to be atleast 25 to make the team (or it uses to seem that way at least).

yep to all of this.

everything i've read about goumas this morning reminds me of akeson a couple years ago. which would be great for the phantoms.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't just speaking about the draft as prospects can be acquired in many ways. The wings would probably have all of the names mentioned above as well as Read and Luke Schenn in the minors so all of a sudden the prospect pool looks fantastic. I'd much rather have NHL proven players!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official:

Last edited by a moderator: