• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FLYERS resign Carcillo according to TSN...

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carcillo signs

Carcillo apparently signed a 1 year contract. Terms were not announced. We are now between $2.5-3 million over the cap. I guess we have to wait on Kovy to see if the Kings want Gagne.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep.. 1 year 1.075mil according to panotch.. a significant amount less than he was looking for, so that part of it is good..

puts us about 2 mil over now with a couple more to sign

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to have both Shelley and Carcillo on this team. Homer has done pretty well thus far this offseason, but this is just pissing a million dollars away...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to have both Shelley and Carcillo on this team. Homer has done pretty well thus far this offseason, but this is just pissing a million dollars away...

eh.. carcillo > shelley IMO.. and really, when it comes down to it, 250k isn't that big of a deal (if carcillo didnt re-sign the cap hit would be around 750k for an AHL-ish guy).. i think this is a good deal, wouldn't if they gave him 1.5 or whatever he wanted, but at 1 mil its a good deal..

the flyers bottom 6 are going to be a huge pain in the ass to play against.. once again leading me to think richards should move to the 'third' line and play with more grinder type players, because he has more of a grind it out type of mentality, he's just got better skills than other guys like that

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said on the hockey board that gagne is already gone basically and since Carcillo can be pretty decent it isnt that bad.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no idea why people dislike carcillo. he has skill and will produce better than an ahl guy. shelley will be on the 4th line. carcillo will either be with giroux or richards. and carcillo on the 1st line is not bad. he helped it produce when it was richards and gagne.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody said it befroe that Richards like playing with Carcillo. If Gags goes, then eith Carter or Giroux will have to play wing. Think of it:

Carter - Richards - Carcillo
Jvr - Giroux - Zherdev or

Giroux - Richards - Carcillo
Jvr - Carter - Zherdev:cool:

Either way, I think we will be just fine on offense:D

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This also means that we will not be signing a veteran winger such as Guerin. Someone has to go because of the cap and if it is Gags, we are either going into the season with about $2.5 million in space or are going to try and sign Turco.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no idea why people dislike carcillo. he has skill and will produce better than an ahl guy. shelley will be on the 4th line. carcillo will either be with giroux or richards. and carcillo on the 1st line is not bad. he helped it produce when it was richards and gagne.

For me, I still cannot dissociate Carcillo from letting Upshall go. If we had managed the cap properly during the 2008-09 season, we'd still have Scottie.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$50 carter doesn't play wing (at least doesn't stay that way for long) :)

and i like richards with carcillo.. put hartnell with them and that line would be a huge pain in the ass to play against (and i'd LOVE every second of it).. even though it breaks up the good line from the playoffs, i think its worth it, considering lines change all the time anyway.. richards can keep hartnell and carcillo in line, plus that line would go apeshit all over the place.. i'm sure the 3 of them would enjoy wreaking havoc together

leino.briere.zherdev
jvr.carter.giroux
carcillo.richards.hartnell

yaa:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I still cannot dissociate Carcillo from letting Upshall go. If we had managed the cap properly during the 2008-09 season, we'd still have Scottie.

ooo ander's gunna get youu...

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
blame homer for that. not carcillo. besides upshall probably would have been gone by now anyway.

i did not think we were ever getting someone else in free agency as far as forwards go. i do like the zherdev signing.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let it go, already. Damn. If you really think Upshall would still be on this team, going into RFA and asking for a well-deserved raise that year, you're mistaken. Or the team would have been in cap hell for another few years and you'd have something to bitch and moan about, which seems to get you people off. Get over it.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let it go, already. Damn. If you really think Upshall would still be on this team, going into RFA and asking for a well-deserved raise that year, you're mistaken. Or the team would have been in cap hell for another few years and you'd have something to bitch and moan about, which seems to get you people off. Get over it.

Ah, the whiners who whine about whining. Amusing indeed.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax boys.....cause where we stand now.....all is good.

Not perfect like we ALL want it, but damn good!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows Carcillo may have been signed to be part of a trade. I guess we'll see although I like him on the 4th line the best if he can step up his game he'd be a decent 3rd line player probably better than Asham since he's a little quicker.

As for Carter with Richie I just can't see it they seem to have no chemistry. I'd put Carter on the wing with Giroux and JVR and see what happens. Richie could then play with Carcillo and Zherdev nice mixture of skill and toughness that's for sure. The other lines leave as is Shelley will be good with Betts and Lappy very tough line to play against.