• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers possibly interested Nabokov

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and the Nabokov rumor is a complete joke. Not a chance in hell.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
until they trade bryz i am pro bryz. because unfortunately for us he needs to pan out or we're fucked. if that amnesty thing is true, then i may change my tune.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed when I first read it to, then I wondered if somehow someone wanted Bryz. I know wishful thinking but it may be a decent move for a cap floor team who has no goalie.

haha Hey....I am 100000000% behind ANY move to ship that disgusting contract out of here, but let's be serious.......no team in their right mind would go after that contract no matter how bad they are or how far they are from the cap floor.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they got that backwards should be Schenn & a 1st for JVR & a 3rd. JVR has shown flashes of brilliance at least, Schenn has just show he can be a steady 2nd pairing d-man so far.

Thinking the same thing. Except I wouldn't give them a 3rd. :becky:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha Hey....I am 100000000% behind ANY move to ship that disgusting contract out of here, but let's be serious.......no team in their right mind would go after that contract no matter how bad they are or how far they are from the cap floor.

I was reading somewhere that some teams may take a chance on Bryz actually(edmonton, columbus, Isles). I'm not saying that I nessecarily believe it but it would definitely be worth looking into if there were even a sliver of truth to it.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only hope would be to find a team in need of salary, include JVR and take back a 4th line/3rd pair dman. Islanders are probably the only team that would do something like that as I am sure they would love Jvr and they really like to over pay average goalies.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only hope would be to find a team in need of salary, include JVR and take back a 4th line/3rd pair dman. Islanders are probably the only team that would do something like that as I am sure they would love Jvr and they really like to over pay average goalies.

I think you could probably get a 1st from columbus if Bryz waived his NTC. I mean they have a really hard time getting FA's and they desperately need a goalies, plus having a former all-star/veznia trophy candidate would help bolster ticket sales. Then again they still may be bitter about Carter...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, bryz's contract is bad, and his play has been poor.. but if the rags can get value (mcdonagh) for gomez, the flyers can sure as hell get value for bryz.. definitely wouldn't have to tag jvr along with him just to get them to take his contract

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ya, bryz's contract is bad, and his play has been poor.. but if the rags can get value (mcdonagh) for gomez, the flyers can sure as hell get value for bryz.. definitely wouldn't have to tag jvr along with him just to get them to take his contract

i agree with u on getting some return.

you would assume that bryz would probably welcome a trade, i don't think his NTC is what would hold a trade up.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to keep in mind. Although Gustavsson has been playing well & they have Reimer, Burke had Bryz in Anaheim. He tried to trade him, but there weren't any takers. He promised Bryz he'd give him a chance to play somewhere so he put him on waivers & Phoenix claimed him. The Leafs also have an incredible amount of depth on defense. They're looking to trade a defenseman for a top 6 forward, but it's possible Bryz could be involved in the deal as well. I really wouldn't be shocked one bit if the Flyers & Leafs made a trade.

As for Nabby, Garth likes 2nd round picks.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with u on getting some return.

you would assume that bryz would probably welcome a trade, i don't think his NTC is what would hold a trade up.

ya i dont think so either.. if the flyers can find a trading partner for bryz i would definitely look in to it... i'm not sure the flyers would though, they obviously dont see that contract as a bad contract (since they signed it too) and i'm sure they're way more patient with him than some of us fans are

i dont think edmonton would make the move, i'm sure they'd be way more interested in bob with all the young guys they have out there.. isles, same story

who knows what the BJ's are going to try to do, but i dont think they have anything in the value range that we'd want.. maybe wisneiwski but his contract is just as bad, if not worse, than bryz's

tampa.... i'm kinda thinking they're out of the playoffs so they might as well not make a move..

aside from the flyers, which playoff contender would need a goalie? i think bryz has value, but i dont think he has nearly as much today as he would in the offseason, when all teams are trying to build for the playoffs

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing to keep in mind. Although Gustavsson has been playing well & they have Reimer, Burke had Bryz in Anaheim. He tried to trade him, but there weren't any takers. He promised Bryz he'd give him a chance to play somewhere so he put him on waivers & Phoenix claimed him. The Leafs also have an incredible amount of depth on defense. They're looking to trade a defenseman for a top 6 forward, but it's possible Bryz could be involved in the deal as well. I really wouldn't be shocked one bit if the Flyers & Leafs made a trade.

i don't see what the point of trading bryz and bringing nabokov would be, i think at that point you go with bob.

would toronto be better for bryz? arent they crazier than us there?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

homer abhores 2nd round picks, so that sounds like a good match (even though the flyers have 0 need for a goalie unless they move one of their own, eklund is out of his mind saying the flyers have been burned by not have 3 goalies ready to go.. what team has EVER had 3 goalies ready to go in the playoffs!?)

if they trade bryz and a top 6 forward (jvr) to the leafs i would expect the flyers to want schenn, a first, and maybe one of their mid-level d-prospects as well.. and everything i've read/heard says burke wants two 1st rounders for himself, not to trade his own

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
homer abhores 2nd round picks, so that sounds like a good match (even though the flyers have 0 need for a goalie unless they move one of their own, eklund is out of his mind saying the flyers have been burned by not have 3 goalies ready to go.. what team has EVER had 3 goalies ready to go in the playoffs!?)

if they trade bryz and a top 6 forward (jvr) to the leafs i would expect the flyers to want schenn, a first, and maybe one of their mid-level d-prospects as well.. and everything i've read/heard says burke wants two 1st rounders for himself, not to trade his own

ha how about this:

flyers give up:
bryz
briere
blake kessel (brother trade! :cool2:)

toronto gives up:
gustavvson
schenn
komisarek

you get the prospect in schenn and the physical, big physical dman in komisarek (plus you can argue a slightly bad contract for the leafs). toronto takes a shot in that burke will have confidence in him and maybe that sparks his play. gustavvson hasnt really been all that great for them, slightly above average, and they get a proven playoff master and true #1 center in danny b. i throw kessel in there to make the trade have some zip ha, and hope to avoid exchanging picks. it is my feeling toronto should not be pushing us to give up more than what we do in this trade as they are trying to make the playoffs.

this moves frees up the center position (finally) for us to go right down the middle with giroux, couterier, schenn, and talbot.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol...its not one sided at all.....

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my brother just pointing out to me that i just need to face the fact that JVR is prolly gone if we make a move ha, he is right, i am proposing ludicrous trades so i don't have to buy another jersey

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha how about this:

flyers give up:
bryz
briere
blake kessel (brother trade! :cool2:)

toronto gives up:
gustavvson
schenn
komisarek

you get the prospect in schenn and the physical, big physical dman in komisarek (plus you can argue a slightly bad contract for the leafs). toronto takes a shot in that burke will have confidence in him and maybe that sparks his play. gustavvson hasnt really been all that great for them, slightly above average, and they get a proven playoff master and true #1 center in danny b. i throw kessel in there to make the trade have some zip ha, and hope to avoid exchanging picks. it is my feeling toronto should not be pushing us to give up more than what we do in this trade as they are trying to make the playoffs.

this moves frees up the center position (finally) for us to go right down the middle with giroux, couterier, schenn, and talbot.

actually i dont really like that trade for the flyers.. i want no part of komisarek anymore.. at least from the way other people talk about him.. gustavson, meh.. but i do want schenn

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my brother just pointing out to me that i just need to face the fact that JVR is prolly gone if we make a move ha, he is right, i am proposing ludicrous trades so i don't have to buy another jersey

haha ya i think that's the case.. if the flyers make a move that has any kind of large impact, jvr is going to be the one traded i think.. sorry bud

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAIT WUT. AWAZ IS DSPICE'S MYSTERY SportsHoopla BROTHER?