• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Draft Review

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give them good marks in this year's draft. They went for what they needed instead of going for the best player available. I think they made intelligent decisions by getting Morin & Hagg. Not too well informed of their later round picks so I can't really comment on those, but their 1st 2 picks were solid IMO.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't high on Morin at the beginning as all I read was he was a Oafie Goon with no offensive skill at all, but since then have heard alot of good stuff about him, high risk high reward type of pick since he was slated to be a late to early second before his stock rose...

I thought this right away and still do, I believe Hagg will be a steal, the guy has monster written all over him, I just hope one of em pans out, if both do then its a bonus but one would be like hitting the lottery!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't high on Morin at the beginning as all I read was he was a Oafie Goon with no offensive skill at all, but since then have heard alot of good stuff about him, high risk high reward type of pick since he was slated to be a late to early second before his stock rose...

I thought this right away and still do, I believe Hagg will be a steal, the guy has monster written all over him, I just hope one of em pans out, if both do then its a bonus but one would be like hitting the lottery!

Yeah, Hagg was a steal in the 2nd round, almost everyone had him going in the mid 1st round.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morin will either be a bust or a steal
he has the potential to be special
he is only 18 so it will take patience

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Morin will take some time to develop, and his ceiling is way up there, its a roll of the dice but it could be a jackpot if it pans out, I just like the agressive drafting for needs approach this years versus other years where they went with best available, Aint nothing wrong with drafting Dmen with size who could also jam if need be lol, seriously I like the beef approach on D, putting the beef back in flyers D!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
between the morin pick and the hagg pick i'm ok with with the flyers first two picks.. but id score it as a 70% for the morin pick (still not a big fan of it), and a 130% on the hagg pick.. if 100% is satisfaction

despise the ghoulbourne pick.. if/when jordan subban starts tearing it up i may take it upon myself to hit homer in the face with a bat.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the way hagg skates from the little iv seen of him but his slapshot was pretty weak.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the way hagg skates from the little iv seen of him but his slapshot was pretty weak.

I'm ok with that, he doesn't need to be a Dman offensive dynamo for this team, as long as he can carry the puck out of the defensive zone and actually make breakout passes tape to tape and setup the offensive zone I'm fine with his weak shot, this team has plenty of offense up front and if we need to depend on our Dmen for offense then something is very very wrong, they will chip in from time to time but shouldn't be needed or depended on for scoring.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with that, he doesn't need to be a Dman offensive dynamo for this team, as long as he can carry the puck out of the defensive zone and actually make breakout passes tape to tape and setup the offensive zone I'm fine with his weak shot, this team has plenty of offense up front and if we need to depend on our Dmen for offense then something is very very wrong, they will chip in from time to time but shouldn't be needed or depended on for scoring.

I am in total agreement with this. Tape to tape passes and skate the puck out when needed and have enough speed to join the rush once in awhile. I thought hagg looked better than Morin in the very short clip JBM posted last week so maybe we come out of this draft with 2 solid dmem im ok with that.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I originally hated the Morin pick, I am kind of glad that we swung for the fences. Besides, you cant question Simon Nolet's drafting.

The Hagg pick was great, and makes the Morin pick much safer,