• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida Trip

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clarkson better not even sniff a big contract. But he will get one.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just had to piss that point away. Fucking clowns!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so pissed right now... We lost this only because of a lack of effort at times on our part.... 2 goals by them we werent even hustling... let a point get away because of lack of trying... HEY COACH pay attention and drill these guys... there is no excuse for this talent to be lazy. Have they played a full 60 yet this year???? JUST SAD. And what the hell were the coaches thinking with the final line out there under 1 minute to play??? are you kidding me? Its no shocker they scored.... I dont think we even touched the puck..... We beat ourselves.... teams we play dont beat anyone... I am so tired of this team playing half ass.... Its a joke... two shootout tries and we dont even get a shot off on either???? JUST WOW

Wake up devils and get your heads out of your asses

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ugh, this game had a lot of flashbacks to MacLean's era.

First three goals were all scored off sloppy, sloppy play by the Devils. Those are goals that just don't happen when they're playing their game. The final goal was a sweet pass by Stamkos. Best goal scorer in the league passes the puck with 15 seconds to go. Tampa's goalie looked really, really weak in this game, and playing firewagon hockey really burned the Devils.

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Im not bothered by that game in any serious way. TB has nothing to play for and is an offensive powerhouse so they were wide open with their new coach. They have scored 20 something more goals than NJ has. Only two things that bothered me was watching Harrold get blown by and split down the middle AGAIN for a goal just like last game and the shootout results. Otherwise, guys are stepping up to score in Kovy's absence and we got a point. The team is still adjusting to Kovy's missing ice time. This game result doesn't bother me in any serious way at all. I do hope Lou looks for a serious D upgrade by the trade deadline though.

(Stamkos is a freak of nature. What can ya do when he's hot?)

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to need a new TV soon when I end up throwing something through my fucking screen watching this team. So god damn frustrating.

Kovy can't get back soon enough. Hell, I can't wait to see Zubs back

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im not bothered by that game in any serious way. TB has nothing to play for and is an offensive powerhouse so they were wide open with their new coach. They have scored 20 something more goals than NJ has. Only two things that bothered me was watching Harrold get blown by and split down the middle AGAIN for a goal just like last game and the shootout results. Otherwise, guys are stepping up to score in Kovy's absence and we got a point. The team is still adjusting to Kovy's missing ice time. This game result doesn't bother me in any serious way at all. I do hope Lou looks for a serious D upgrade by the trade deadline though.

(Stamkos is a freak of nature. What can ya do when he's hot?)

major issues with this loss are you kidding me.

you get a penalty shot goal by your 4th liner. you get a short handed goal by your 3rd liner. you get a power play goal by andy greene...and you still find a way to lose?

we didnt get a point last night like we did in ottawa. we lost a point!

6 shootout losses figure with last year and parise we probably have 2 shootout losses. 4 point swing right there is huge! cant be tossing points like that away.

i dont want to see clarkson/elias/zajac on shootouts. give it to other players they arent getting the job done.

everyone keeps saying "when we play our game we cant be beat" our game left with #9 i'm sorry we just arent the same team. throw out the 1st 2 weeks of the season chalk it up to excitement of being back or other teams not getting their heads straight but if this team makes the playoffs we are 1 and done. 5 game boom out.

that doesnt mean im not a fan i think they can play better but you cant beat the pens not with this garbage. even with zubrus back and kovy whats he going to have to play 27 mins a night in a 7 game series? his ice time is an embarrassment. just shows you how much they miss parise and all these plugs (butler/poni/ted/jj/mattuea/dag) arent fitting.

pointed out before that last year we had great and amazing lucky matchups for playoffs. we arent going to get that lucky this time around because we will have to face either the bruins or pens in the 1st round. after reading tg's blog comment sections all season i think a LOT of fans are going to be in for a rude awakening if they think they can pull off another run like last year with this group.

i really wouldnt mind they shipping clarkson out because he replaced his physical game by trying to score goals. 30 last year and his hot start this year i think were just flukes. he will be at 15g next season MAYBE. please lou dont give him a ton of money please! i would let zidlicky walk and look to move any of the other d men outside of larrson they are all expendable and interchangeable imo. have 2 kids play the season as the 5th and 6th pairing bring in kids as injuries happen.

btw why didnt larrson play last night? unless he is hurt he should be getting as much ice time as possible

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
o also forgot to add that

we had 2 2 goal leads!!!!!!!

that game tying goal with 15 seconds left? looked like a goal that was scored in the 1st period. not a goal scored with 15 seconds left! everyone was way out of position. 4th line or not. its simple hockey 101 people

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very disappointed....

tonight has to be a win...

Like cup mentioned, two 2 goal leads...wtf guys? and their shootout attempts were fucking duck lazy....

I think we need that move sooner than later, we need to move some guys and get someone with modest scoring potential to change things up... now its getting annoying.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Cup on this... how can you not let a game like this bother you? We gave away a point to a team that is not even in playoff contention. WE GAVE IT AWAY. That was our win... a lack of effort tonight lead to some horrible goals and this was against a NON playoff team. What do you think is going to happen against teams like the Pens or Bruins? With us just 3 points out of last place, if you think these points are okay to just waste away, then you clearly dont understand the importance of the standings. Its a log jam from 6-11 in the standings, and to leave points on the table when you clearly have them cant be done this late in the game. I kinda am starting to agree with Cup... maybe its better we miss the playoffs this year... at least that way I wont be pissed when they get embarrassed in the first round because if we keep playing this way, it is over before it starts....

Wake up Devils....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i keep reading it is a deep draft this year. we miss the playoffs we are what a lock for the 14th pick right? that would be the latest we go unless we win the lotto.

shame is a win against the sens and a win last night..puts us 4pts up on the isles and rangers. you get some breathing room and put some pressure on the rangers and islanders. instead your letting them hang around longer and longer.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure A Train was benched toward the end. He looked horrendous out there. The one goal was almost entirely on him. His positioning has sucked of late.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volz has been off lately, that's, to me, is unlike him. He's been off mentally.... that's not him at all

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volchenkov did not play for the final 7:14 of regulation or in overtime after being on the ice for the Lightning’s first three goals (as was Harrold), but DeBoer claimed there was no significance to that.

A Train and Harrold were the last 2 on the ice today, which apparently usually indicates they will sit. Tallinder may play, Larsson is back in.

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
I have to agree with Cup on this... how can you not let a game like this bother you? We gave away a point to a team that is not even in playoff contention. WE GAVE IT AWAY. That was our win... a lack of effort tonight lead to some horrible goals and this was against a NON playoff team. What do you think is going to happen against teams like the Pens or Bruins? With us just 3 points out of last place, if you think these points are okay to just waste away, then you clearly dont understand the importance of the standings. Its a log jam from 6-11 in the standings, and to leave points on the table when you clearly have them cant be done this late in the game. I kinda am starting to agree with Cup... maybe its better we miss the playoffs this year... at least that way I wont be pissed when they get embarrassed in the first round because if we keep playing this way, it is over before it starts....

Wake up Devils....

I agree that we've left too many points out there with shootout losses. Marty even admitted during the post game interviews that they do NOT practice shootouts. Not offense or goaltending. That's a problem but that's been going on all season and Marty sounded like he was sure that will change. Fortunately shootouts don't matter in the playoffs anyway. TB is out of playoff contention but FIRST GAME under a new coach, they played wide open and Stamkos is just a freak. When that guy is on, I don't care how good your team is. I don't think it was a great game but Im not freaking out over it either. Scoring 4 goals without Kovy bodes well for the offense adjusting to his absence. Yall sure are getting ahead of yourselves talking about playoff positioning and opponents. You do remember the high flying Pens of last year (and the Bruins for that matter) getting bounced in the first round right? Im looking at the team as they are adjusting to missing their top ice time guy and that takes a few games. You guys are already looking at playoff matchups and whatnot and declaring all is lost and giving up. Devils fans sure are friggin spoiled. We're in decent playoff position (we were only 6 seed last year) and the team will continue to adjust in Kovy's absence. Defense needs to step it up though and I suspect Lou will make a move there. Im just not concerned by that game, sorry. Heck, when Kovy went down most of yall were all doom and gloom. Im happy to get points and see the offense picking up the slack. Other areas need work but scoring is what has concerned me most and I saw D'Ag step up, Lokti step up, and 4th line guys step up.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't understand "practice shootouts". What's to practice? The only practice should be video on the opposing goalies and their shooters. These are pros they have had hundreds of breakaways in games and practices. What's more physical practice going to do