• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flordia - Goergia

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hate for a team isn't contingent on whether they beat my team a couple of times.

neither is mine.. I have never been a fan of OSU, ND or USC.. I listened to the BIG 10 suckfest and how great USC and ND was for most of my growing up years.. which wouldve been the 70's, 80's and 90's and please do not think that for one minute it started back in 06... I don't know how old you are but Im 40's... and most of us that are in our late 30's early 40 who have been watching football for most of our lives ( stems almost on religion here in the south) are quite familiar with the those teams and how it was back then.. my team went 0-12 in 79.. I remember my parents cursing at the radio because the only teams on tv much back then was ND, OSU or USC..

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither is mine.. I have never been a fan of OSU, ND or USC.. I listened to the BIG 10 suckfest and how great USC and ND was for most of my growing up years.. which wouldve been the 70's, 80's and 90's and please do not think that for one minute it started back in 06... I don't know how old you are but Im 40's... and most of us that are in our late 30's early 40 who have been watching football for most of our lives ( stems almost on religion here in the south) are quite familiar with the those teams and how it was back then.. my team went 0-12 in 79.. I remember my parents cursing at the radio because the only teams on tv much back then was ND, OSU or USC..

I love that some people have that kind of tradition. I know Dad watched US football before we moved here, but we just chose the Vikings because we lived in Minneapolis...I'm really proud of my family's tradition of being Benfica fans for at least the past 70-80 years though.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L noooooo we are so much more dignified then that.. she is a southern lady.. even if it's by way of southern Africa

Ezactly! I might swear a little too much to be an American southern lady...but I keep my clothes on and support my Gators through thick and thin!

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bff - he's a Nole, and his family are very much life-long, family-tradition Noles - has invited me over for post-Thanksgiving-Saturday football, and I'm going to go...but I wonder how far I can go without being disrespectful, because I love them all dearly, even if they are Noles. Fortunately his mom (the definition of a sweetheart) is a WVU fan so she'll take my side LOL

I definetly understand! I have part of my family that are dawg fans.. but they are still family even if they are misguided in their fandom!!

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
largeman027.gif

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L noooooo we are so much more dignified then that.. she is a southern lady.. even if it's by way of southern Africa

I wasn’t thinking so much that LR would do that. Just had a glimpse of what Thanksgiving in the bayou must be like.......

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definetly understand! I have part of my family that are dawg fans.. but they are still family even if they are misguided in their fandom!!

The worst I have to deal with is my cousin's husband who is a NC State fan, while I'm a GaTech fan. He's a lovely person so I'm fine with it. Never trash-talks, just an exemplary, positive fan at all times. Hoping that I and my cousin (his wife's brother, who was at UF while I was) can make any offspring of that coupling into Gator fans :D

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst I have to deal with is my cousin's husband who is a NC State fan, while I'm a GaTech fan. He's a lovely person so I'm fine with it. Never trash-talks, just an exemplary, positive fan at all times. Hoping that I and my cousin (his wife's brother, who was at UF while I was) can make any offspring of that coupling into Gator fans :D

my sister in law is a Nole.. my brother is a Gator.. my brother is doing his damndest to make his kids gators!

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my sister in law is a Nole.. my brother is a Gator.. my brother is doing his damndest to make them gators!

One of my UF roommates has a Gator father and Nole mother. Every year the Gator/Nole ornaments on the Christmas tree are determined by the UF/FSU game - whoever wins puts their ornaments on the top, and the loser puts theirs on the bottom. When she and I were juniors she told me her 5 y/o sister was taunting her mother that Christmas, "The Nole ornaments are on the bottom because the Noles SUCK!"

We were very impressed with her little sister's mental acuity :D

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids father has become a South Carolina fan in the past 10 years.. ( although he claims hes always been a Carolina fan) we were married for 11 years I never saw him actually watch college football until they started winning.. and he has been tryin to convert my kids some in the last couple of years.. but that is not going to happen.. my kids have been gators since birth!! plus that crap isnt allowed at my house and they know it!!

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids father has become a South Carolina fan in the past 10 years.. ( although he claims hes always been a Carolina fan) we were married for 11 years I never saw him actually watch college football until they started winning.. and he has been tryin to convert my kids some in the last couple of years.. but that is not going to happen.. my kids have been gators since birth!! plus that crap isnt allowed at my house and they know it!!

Good for you! My mom has me terrified though - she says that if I put my hypothetical future children in Gators onesies they'll rebel and become rival fans...I don't know what to do if I ever get lucky enough to get married and start a family...I want my children to be Gator/Benfica/Vikings fans like I am...how did you manage it KT???

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you! My mom has me terrified though - she says that if I put my hypothetical future children in Gators onesies they'll rebel and become rival fans...I don't know what to do if I ever get lucky enough to get married and start a family...I want my children to be Gator/Benfica/Vikings fans like I am...how did you manage it KT???

I didnt give them a choice! We are Gators.. if you start them young.. they won't like any other team then the ones you root for.. unless heaven forbid you marry the enemy!!

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt give them a choice! We are Gators.. if you start them young.. they won't like any other team then the ones you root for.. unless heaven forbid you marry the enemy!!

:lol: definitely don't want to marry the enemy!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true. My entire family are UK fans, I'm a UNC fan.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We live in KY, my brother went to UK, I lived 45 minutes from Lexington for 7 years.