• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flight from New England...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overheard while coaches and were settling into their seats on the plane...

Trestman: Sorry Mel, You can't sit here. I'm going to build the man. And when I say, "the man" I mean history, fatherhood, I didn't see what I did see, when the process of football, he's got ankles.

Mel: Ah...ok...well Can I sit here? He says while pointing at a seat across the isle

Tres: Nah, I'm going to ask Paul to come help me build the man- I would like to see the process change...and you can sit on the equipment bus. It will take you to your home- please don't come back, because the changes and ankles, wait what was I saying? Oh yeah. I didn't see that- we'll keep working on the process, building the man, building fathers with ankles. Execute ball.

Mel: So are you saying I'm fired and Paul Pasualoni is going to take over as DC?

Tres: Now I didn't see that, or say that, but yes that's the process we are going to move forward with...we have 16 one game seasons. With ankles- and um, The process is ball- you gotta love ball.

Mel: ...

:yahoo:
:lol:

Would you like to see a change over the bye week? Pasqualoni would be the only qualified guy to take over the defense mid season. Who knows.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emery: Precisely!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know… seems like the season is shot unless they find a way to beat GB, and then reel off wins against TB and MIN.

Probably doesn't matter.

The instant reaction after a loss of this magnitude is to chop off heads. Maybe it's the right move. Is Pasquoni or anyone else REALLY a better alternative? I have a hard time believing the answer is already on board.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emery deserves some sht now, because Jared Allen and Lamar Houston are underperforming. Jay is underperforming and we are stuck with the mortgage.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not canning Emery just yet... I mean come on- if Jerry Angelo get's 10 years Emery can have at least 5.
I think for the money he had to work with he did pretty good with the guys he brought in. Would signing one of the top safeties made a difference if it meant we didn't get say... Willie Young? If Allen wasn't here and we had just Young and Houston as our DE's?
I probably wouldn't have resigned Peanut and explored a different contract for Jennings- I think that was a little high- and too quick.
Who else that was available would have made this team better? Micheal Bennett instead of Allen?
We all thought he did pretty well considering what we had to work with and the budget. And his draft looks decent as of now- (though I would like to see Sutton and Ego do a little more in the second half)

Tucker is done. Who's next? Lovie got to fire and hire 8 different coordinators- Trestman get's a chance to make some changes. I have no idea who and don't want to speculate who would be available but this isn't working. Tucker just added another franchise record to his Bears resume. The most points given up in a half. ON top of his Packers game no punts...one punt forced vs the Pats.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not canning Emery just yet... I mean come on- if Jerry Angelo get's 10 years Emery can have at least 5.
I think for the money he had to work with he did pretty good with the guys he brought in. Would signing one of the top safeties made a difference if it meant we didn't get say... Willie Young? If Allen wasn't here and we had just Young and Houston as our DE's?
I probably wouldn't have resigned Peanut and explored a different contract for Jennings- I think that was a little high- and too quick.
Who else that was available would have made this team better? Micheal Bennett instead of Allen?
We all thought he did pretty well considering what we had to work with and the budget. And his draft looks decent as of now- (though I would like to see Sutton and Ego do a little more in the second half)

Tucker is done. Who's next? Lovie got to fire and hire 8 different coordinators- Trestman get's a chance to make some changes. I have no idea who and don't want to speculate who would be available but this isn't working. Tucker just added another franchise record to his Bears resume. The most points given up in a half. ON top of his Packers game no punts...one punt forced vs the Pats.

Yeah, there's no way Tucker's getting out of this now. When you put it like that, shit… it almost sounds like he really does have a shot at being fired tomorrow. You can't have a DC set multiple "records" for being piss poor. Just embarrassing. But as I said… the answer certainly is not in-house, and canning coaches generally doesn't happen until teams are officially out of playoff contention. They committed to Tucker for 2014, and I have to think they'll be sticking with him until their season is at least mathematically finished.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right, and the bears are probably the least reactionary team.
Last years: most points, rushing yards given up
This year: Two games where they only forced 2 total punts and one where they set a franchise record for most points given up in a half.
Unless the Defense magically transforms the second half- I don't see him back. If you're going to fire him anyway, why wait? A change could help spark something. If anything at least it shows SOME accountability. But yeah doubt it happens.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When did Allen get here? I am still waiting for him to show up.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Allen get here? I am still waiting for him to show up.

Touche... he hasn't shown up on paper in stats as much as we would have liked- but I would hate to think what this team would be without him. I do think he's played pretty well in some games. 49er's, Jet's, and Atlanta. And we saw how GREAT the defense/pass rush was against the Packers when he wasn't there. I also think- Ratliff, Ego, Sutton, Paea... Young... have all benefited from him simply being on the field.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emery deserves some sht now, because Jared Allen and Lamar Houston are underperforming. Jay is underperforming and we are stuck with the mortgage.
*......not to ''pile-on''*,....but where was that high priced mercenary [jared allen]......yesterday....,....I forgot he was even on your team till I read this post.