• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Flames vs. Ducks - Round 2

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking great obviously, but hopefully learning what it takes to win in the playoffs (one important lesson is pushing the envelope when it comes to the rules, the refs won't call everything).
You can say veteran leadership, a hot goalie and solid team play will win you a Stanley Cup. I say subtle interference is what really wins you a Stanley Cup in today's NHL.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was not the best the Ducks can play. Need to finish those odd man rushes with a clean shot. Ducks are not making that extra pass to an open player. One pass to somebody in the clear but no shooting lane. First two series are against two young defense corps. More feints ( thank you Sami Vats),more shot passes. Somebody has to drive the net during the cycle. Defense still giving up shots getting through traffic. Ducks did a good job keeping Flames off the score sheet but still gave them too much zone time. Anaheim has another gear to go to and will need it should they play any of the three teams that gave them fits this season, NY,CHI,and TPA.

Need to see a better power play. 0-4 is not looking good.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d day for Sam Bennetts 1st elc year :think:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll play, he's earned it.

/If he hadn't had a bum shoulder, he would have stayed with the Flames and burned it during the regular season.

"I just really think that is bad asset management if indeed that is the case." :think:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I just really think that is bad asset management if indeed that is the case." :think:

Hmmm - This sounds vaguely familiar to something I said about Frank Corrado a couple of playoffs ago. Of course, that was 1st round vs. 2nd round for the Flames and they're at home versus putting a rookie on the road. Other than that, the comparison is spot-on.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm - This sounds vaguely familiar to something I said about Frank Corrado a couple of playoffs ago. Of course, that was 1st round vs. 2nd round for the Flames and they're at home versus putting a rookie on the road. Other than that, the comparison is spot-on.

I think its more pertinent in this situation seeing as Bennett looks like he will be cashing in early and putting stress on the flames cap situation sooner than expected

Frank Corrado is not breaking any banks unless he is breaking into one with his Uncle Sal

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its more pertinent in this situation seeing as Bennett looks like he will be cashing in early and putting stress on the flames cap situation sooner than expected

Frank Corrado is not breaking any banks unless he is breaking into one with his Uncle Sal

I guess I'm more concerned about the message it sends to the rest of the team that you'd rather save a few bucks than icing the lineup that you feel gives you the best chance of winning. The Flames had a bad image about not giving young guys a chance and they have really turned it around the last couple of years.

/Just need to avoid bad dollar signings like Engelland in the future.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm more concerned about the message it sends to the rest of the team that you'd rather save a few bucks than icing the lineup that you feel gives you the best chance of winning. The Flames had a bad image about not giving young guys a chance and they have really turned it around the last couple of years.

/Just need to avoid bad dollar signings like Engelland in the future.

true ... it would be a bad message but it doesnt look likely that they are getting by the ducks and as a great man once said "if life gives you lemons ... quit"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true ... it would be a bad message but it doesnt look likely that they are getting by the ducks and as a great man once said "if life gives you lemons ... quit"

Yeah, the Ducks are looking great, that's for sure, even when they eased off the gas, the Flames couldn't sustain much pressure on Andersen (a lot of one and done attempts). Gotta get on the board first tonight.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the flames fans making a difference on the ducks. Anaheim is not mentally weak and fragile as the Canucks are. They don't crumple and fold like Vancouver. If flames don't score early and often Ducks will wreck them.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the flames fans making a difference on the ducks. Anaheim is not mentally weak and fragile as the Canucks are. They don't crumple and fold like Vancouver. If flames don't score early and often Ducks will wreck them.

last game had the same vibe as game 1 of canucks v flames ... canucks carrying possession and chances and a 1 - 0 lead for almost all of the game ... difference ... ducks had the depth and skill to turn it into a 3 - 0 game and the canucks collapsed

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferkland looks to be back in ... i hope so ... i want to see him go after kesler ... his mom loves/loved kesler (maybe even literally :) ) ... I think there are some mommy issues there :whistle:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last game had the same vibe as game 1 of canucks v flames ... canucks carrying possession and chances and a 1 - 0 lead for almost all of the game ... difference ... ducks had the depth and skill to turn it into a 3 - 0 game and the canucks collapsed

It would have been 8-0 without Ramo . Ducks exposed Hiller very quickly. This is fascinating to watch the flames getting utterly destroyed, humiliated and dismantled. It helps break down how bad Vancouver truly is.

I also am enjoying how the flames are no longer the darling of hnic once Vancouver got knocked out. Is Ferland even in the league anymore?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been 8-0 without Ramo . Ducks exposed Hiller very quickly. This is fascinating to watch the flames getting utterly destroyed, humiliated and dismantled. It helps break down how bad Vancouver truly is.

I also am enjoying how the flames are no longer the darling of hnic once Vancouver got knocked out. Is Ferland even in the league anymore?

theyve stopped reminding me how old sam bennett is which Im disappointed about :pout:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferkland looks to be back in ... i hope so ... i want to see him go after kesler ... his mom loves/loved kesler (maybe even literally :) ) ... I think there are some mommy issues there :whistle:

btw ... i was referring to Kes :whistle:

IFWT_Pam-NHL-dating.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just would love to see a Flames win tonight to give this Ducks team something to think about...