• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First To Worst - 2022 Season Prediction

Who could go from First to Worst in their division?

• Bills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Bengals

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Titans

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Rams

• Packers

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Buccaneers

• Cowboys

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • None

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inconsistent?!? They have won no more and no less than 13 games in each of the last 3 seasons.
Thanks in large part to ARod playing 99% of those games. They are a sub-0.500 team without Aaron. Granted those W/L's are pretty decent for a team playing without their franchise QB, in comparison to how other teams fare in those situations. Still... They have always been perceived as a top-heavy team sotospeak. More so than others. I think they could easily rival the Bears for the basement in the event ARod misses time or falls off a cliff.
And here is the thing about the Packers right now.....they might have the 3rd best QB in the division riding the bench for all we know. With their running game and their defense, Love in theory should be able to keep them a 500 club.
Love played in 4 games last year I believe, and only 1 start... And I don't recall much positive about his game. Wasn't the team fielding offers to trade him this offseason? Not exactly a vote of confidence there. But I see the point of comparing him to Fields & Goff. Not much to compare to yet so its definitely possible.
And I agree there is reason for optimism in Detroit......

But in Chicago, Fields would have to be the 2nd coming of Mahomes to get that team past 7 wins. That team has almost no talent on the roster. Their front 7 on defense is abysmal after a complete overhaul. They have Smith and Quinn and then a bunch of guys that other teams looked at and decided $3m was too much to spend to keep them after drafting and developing them. (And Quinn seems a prime candidate for a deadline trade).

And their OL. Oh God their OL. They have 2 2nd year players at tackle that looked absolutely dreadful last season. Sure they could improve....but they sure didnt show a lot of promise in their first year. You can make the case that Whitehair on the interior is one of the most overpaid players in the league. They are literally getting replacement level value interior OL play out of him for over a $12M cap hit a year. Projecting their OL as any better than 5th worst in the league is wildly optimistic.

And then you get to their offensive skill positions. Again projecting them to be the 5th worst unit in the league is WILDLY optimistic. I like Mooney. But Pringle and St Brown?!? Thinking 2 guys that couldnt succeed with Rodgers and Mahomes are going to play well with Fields is silly of course (but I understand what the GM is doing...building the right way).
Great points. Hadn't put the Bears under a microscope yet, nor did I want to lol, but it does sound like they are a few years from being out of the basement. Speaking of their OL... Steelers just poached arguably their best OL in FA, James Daniels. I'm very excited about that kid. And like the Bears, the Steelers have had putrid OL play for a few years now. Rough times man, I tell ya
I just dont see anyway that the Packers fall below the Bears. If Fields doesnt improve GREATLY, they are easily going to be the worst team in the league this year IMO. The Bears are a lot like Seattle. They arent saying they are trying to tank this season.....but denying it with the moves they made this offseason either.
Very good point, and now that I've been lectured on the finer details of all things Chicago Bears I have to agree with you lol.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mills and Lawrence progress some, I wouldn't have it out of the cards. That's a bit reachy, but if it's anyone that's going from first to last, it's them. That team just isn't very impressive on either side of the ball. Tannehill's security blankets are gone and I don't think there's a lot of faith in Tannehill like there is for Rodgers or Mahomes.
Davis Mills truther?

Lol messin with ya... I do agree that Mills showed a lot more promise than anyone expected from him. Great processing abilities for a rookie and if he can continue to get better then they are in good shape during their rebuild.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills have the jets
bengals have the browns
titans have texans and jags
bucs have falcons
packers have bears
rams have seahawks
cowboys have giants

chiefs are the most likely choice and still make playoffs

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks in large part to ARod playing 99% of those games. They are a sub-0.500 team without Aaron. Granted those W/L's are pretty decent for a team playing without their franchise QB, in comparison to how other teams fare in those situations. Still... They have always been perceived as a top-heavy team sotospeak. More so than others. I think they could easily rival the Bears for the basement in the event ARod misses time or falls off a cliff.

Love played in 4 games last year I believe, and only 1 start... And I don't recall much positive about his game. Wasn't the team fielding offers to trade him this offseason? Not exactly a vote of confidence there. But I see the point of comparing him to Fields & Goff. Not much to compare to yet so its definitely possible.

Great points. Hadn't put the Bears under a microscope yet, nor did I want to lol, but it does sound like they are a few years from being out of the basement. Speaking of their OL... Steelers just poached arguably their best OL in FA, James Daniels. I'm very excited about that kid. And like the Bears, the Steelers have had putrid OL play for a few years now. Rough times man, I tell ya

Very good point, and now that I've been lectured on the finer details of all things Chicago Bears I have to agree with you lol.
Only point I would make is - if you are going to make a point regarding injuries, then nearly every team has the potential to go from First to worst.

KC with no Mahomes, Bengals with no Burrow, GB with no Rodgers....I mean, sure - it can happen to any one of these teams.

IMO - I focus on the team itself, but as I've said, mostly the teams at the bottom. Even if healthy I could see KC slipping a game here and there, and Denver being good enough with Wilson to win 3 more games. You end up tied for 3rd place, and lose the wrong games, you end up last...it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis Mills truther?

Lol messin with ya... I do agree that Mills showed a lot more promise than anyone expected from him. Great processing abilities for a rookie and if he can continue to get better then they are in good shape during their rebuild.
AFC South has some STANK to it.

I think the real answer is probably "none."

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but the Chiefs seem like the strongest candidate here. Division looks like a crapshoot right now. Nothing to do with their roster or capabilities, just purely lookin at the division.

Bills & Bengals have a tightly contested division, but I don't see them regressing past the likes of the Jets or Browns.

Titans were sort of an outlier last year. Had no business being the 1 seed. But they have 2 basement dwellers in that division in JAX & HOU. Very little chance they fall to the 4th spot in the AFCS.

No real clear choices in the NFC either. Maybe the Packers, but thats a stretch.

Wont be the Packers,the Bears are in that divison and are in rebuild mode.....i can see where they may finish behind Minnesota....... and not to mention the Lions are also in that division.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think any of them will unless a qb goes down for the season.....

If I had to choose one,,Cincinnati would be my team to pick.......

All those teams in that division I beleve has gotten a bit better.......And all teams were within a game or two from being the division leader.......

I kinda thought about Dallas,cause Im not sure if they figured out yet on how to get that offense clicking......And Elliot just ddoesnt seem like the rb of his first two season,and no way do the fall below the Giants......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only point I would make is - if you are going to make a point regarding injuries, then nearly every team has the potential to go from First to worst.

KC with no Mahomes, Bengals with no Burrow, GB with no Rodgers....I mean, sure - it can happen to any one of these teams.

IMO - I focus on the team itself, but as I've said, mostly the teams at the bottom. Even if healthy I could see KC slipping a game here and there, and Denver being good enough with Wilson to win 3 more games. You end up tied for 3rd place, and lose the wrong games, you end up last...it wouldn't be that hard to do.
Valid points. Maybe the negative attention towards GB is merely due to their prominence. When the top teams falter its often magnified.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills have the jets
bengals have the browns
titans have texans and jags
bucs have falcons
packers have bears
rams have seahawks
cowboys have giants

chiefs are the most likely choice and still make playoffs

Chiefs have the Raiders. I guess I'm down on the Raiders than most. I just don't think they're good.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with the group think here. I picked the Chiefs without seeing what others had picked. Most of the divisions have a terrible team in them that the 2021 winner couldn't realistically fall below. With injuries the Chiefs could drop to 7-10, which could be 4th in the AFC West.

None is the next best answer.