• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Timer Wondering about One of His Teams- Please Rate

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Format- H2H

Scoring
===============
Hitting

TB 1
RS 1
SB 1
RBI 1
BB 1

Strikeouts from the hitter: -1
=====================
Pitching

IP 3
Wins 4
Saves 5
K's by pitcher 1

Earned Runs -2
Losses -4
Walks issued (BB) -1
======================

I am pretty new to Fantasy Baseball, but I feel pretty ok about my teams except this team in a 14 man league that I am not so sure about. I am quite uncomfortable in the 14 man setup as opposed to the 10-12 setup. Partially because I feel uncomfortable about my lineup; and I felt like I passively agreed (The other guy wanted Moustakas) to a homer pick. That, and it feels patchwork in some places. Or am I fretting too much about that considering it is a 14 team league? I am co-owning with another first timer and we came out with this:

C- Jason Castro
1B- Edwin Encarnacion
2B- Chase Utley
3B- Ryan Zimmerman
SS- Hanley Ramirez
2B/SS- Yunel Escobar
1B/3B- Mike Moustakas
OF- Matt Holliday
OF- Coco Crisp
OF- Torii Hunter
OF- Alejandro De Aza
OF- Marlon Byrd
UTL- Ruiz

Bench- Oscar Taveras
Bench- Gregory Polanco

P- Max Scherzer
P- Matt Latos
P- Marco Estrada
P- Jon Lester
P- Yordano Ventura
P- Corey Kluber
RP- Soriano, Romo, and Kimbrel

Bench- Syndergaard

If my partner and I screwed up this draft, feel free to let me know about it...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Format- H2H

Scoring
===============
Hitting

TB 1
RS 1
SB 1
RBI 1
BB 1

Strikeouts from the hitter: -1
=====================
Pitching

IP 3
Wins 4
Saves 5
K's by pitcher 1

Earned Runs -2
Losses -4
Walks issued (BB) -1
======================

I am pretty new to Fantasy Baseball, but I feel pretty ok about my teams except this team in a 14 man league that I am not so sure about. I am quite uncomfortable in the 14 man setup as opposed to the 10-12 setup. Partially because I feel uncomfortable about my lineup; and I felt like I passively agreed (The other guy wanted Moustakas) to a homer pick. That, and it feels patchwork in some places. Or am I fretting too much about that considering it is a 14 team league? I am co-owning with another first timer and we came out with this:

C- Jason Castro
1B- Edwin Encarnacion
2B- Chase Utley
3B- Ryan Zimmerman
SS- Hanley Ramirez
2B/SS- Yunel Escobar
1B/3B- Mike Moustakas
OF- Matt Holliday
OF- Coco Crisp
OF- Torii Hunter
OF- Alejandro De Aza
OF- Marlon Byrd
UTL- Ruiz

Bench- Oscar Taveras
Bench- Gregory Polanco

P- Max Scherzer
P- Matt Latos
P- Marco Estrada
P- Jon Lester
P- Yordano Ventura
P- Corey Kluber
RP- Soriano, Romo, and Kimbrel

Bench- Syndergaard

If my partner and I screwed up this draft, feel free to let me know about it...

I don't think you screwed up, in fact I think you did quite well for a first timer. Moustakas is a very popular breakout pick this year and he has been killing it in spring training, so that could end up being one of your best picks. A couple thoughts:

1. Drop Ruiz- a low end catcher is a really poor UTIL play. He will sit 1-2 times per week and probably put up mediocre numbers when he does play. You should drop him for the best player available (probably an OF or 1B).

2. I think your pitching staff is good for a 14 teamer. There are a couple players who I personally would not have drafted (Kluber, Soriano) but they each have value and Kluber is a popular breakout pick this year, I just don't believe the hype personally. I think the rest of your staff could turn out very well.

3. I like your 3 minors players, but there is no way you will be able to navigate the season with those 3 as your only bench players. Injuries happen and you need healthy players to rotate in, especially if you are able to make changes daily. I think you should pick 1, and drop the other 2. My choice would be to keep Polanco because I think he is most likely of the 3 to be an impact player this season.

4. You may be seeking upgrades for a couple of your hitters at some point, but for now you are OK aside from Ruiz. Just watch De Aza's playing time, Escobar's production and Byrd's production/health.

Good luck!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop syndegaard- even though he is a great prospect, he is still on the mets and will likely get sucky team losses, and will likely not be in the league until later this year... You also should only have one of tavarez and polanco, having 2 is shrinking your bench... But they have value that you can trade for...

Your rotation looks nice, and after dropping syndegaard you should add another pitcher... H2H you typically want pitching depth, not offensive depth... and in a league this deep, offensive bench is going to be pretty bad anyways...

The only other comment is that i would drop carlos Ruiz, and pick up any different U... someone has to be out there... Besides that your team is very good for a 14 owner league...

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in a deep league you could do better than Mike Moustakas at a valuable 1B/3B spot.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in a deep league you could do better than Mike Moustakas at a valuable 1B/3B spot.

Not sure whether you noticed, but the OP is a Royals fan who calls himself "There's a Moose Loose at 3rd", so he may not to be too open to that suggestion, regardless of its merit. Also might be worth noting that Moustakas has killed it this spring, however much that is worth.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure whether you noticed, but the OP is a Royals fan who calls himself "There's a Moose Loose at 3rd", so he may not to be too open to that suggestion, regardless of its merit. Also might be worth noting that Moustakas has killed it this spring, however much that is worth.

The name is more of an ESPN thing from when the convo boards went poof (well, switched to facebook) more than anything.