• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First time in a very long time I'm not sure what to expect

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's undoubtedly a pinch of wishful thinking on your part. There is on mine too.

Ultimately, to quote Budd: "So, I guess we'll just see. Won't we?"

maxresdefault.jpg

:suds:
I don't believe wishful my part, odds/statistics are on my side

But yes, as I mentioned, if I'm wrong.

Rodgers was a better college QB than Love as well. Rodgers had some things in his mechanics that McCarthy helped correct, I think Love's issue is mostly on mental side, not a mechanical side. I don't see him ever being able to process the field like a Rodgers, Brady, or Brees. And while he's got good physical tools, I don't think on elite side, which is how I come up with the Dak Prescott (and I think that is his ceiling, which again, is a
good QB)

Rodgers wasn't rodgers last year, he was at time, below average to average. He played hurt, receivers were young, etc. I think GB moved him too late, but still "won" the trade. While I think Rodgers will be better this year than last and better than anything Jets had, I don't think he'll regain MVP form

I think Love can match what A-Rodg did last year and probably improve, but last year was an anomaly for GB outside of Rodgers injuries and I think particularly young GB fans will be in for a shock when you don't have a QB that can't carry an entire roster. The good news is (for GB fans), I don't think he'll have too.

I like Watson, the rest of your Wr's are, meh, but potential. Not sure Watson is true #1, but he's young and will get better and could definitely establish himself as a top 25 WR this year (stupid vikings, should've drafted him instead of trading back with GB, he'd be a great compliment to JJ). OL is decent, best RB duo in the division and on paper best defense.

Just my outside .02 and I'm higher on love/gb than people outside of GB, and I don't like GB. I'd prefer they return to 70's and 80's packers I once knew, but I don't think they'll be that bad

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe wishful my part, odds/statistics are on my side

But yes, as I mentioned, if I'm wrong.

Rodgers was a better college QB than Love as well. Rodgers had some things in his mechanics that McCarthy helped correct, I think Love's issue is mostly on mental side, not a mechanical side. I don't see him ever being able to process the field like a Rodgers, Brady, or Brees. And while he's got good physical tools, I don't think on elite side, which is how I come up with the Dak Prescott (and I think that is his ceiling, which again, is a
good QB)

Rodgers wasn't rodgers last year, he was at time, below average to average. He played hurt, receivers were young, etc. I think GB moved him too late, but still "won" the trade. While I think Rodgers will be better this year than last and better than anything Jets had, I don't think he'll regain MVP form

I think Love can match what A-Rodg did last year and probably improve, but last year was an anomaly for GB outside of Rodgers injuries and I think particularly young GB fans will be in for a shock when you don't have a QB that can't carry an entire roster. The good news is (for GB fans), I don't think he'll have too.

I like Watson, the rest of your Wr's are, meh, but potential. Not sure Watson is true #1, but he's young and will get better and could definitely establish himself as a top 25 WR this year (stupid vikings, should've drafted him instead of trading back with GB, he'd be a great compliment to JJ). OL is decent, best RB duo in the division and on paper best defense.

Just my outside .02 and I'm higher on love/gb than people outside of GB, and I don't like GB. I'd prefer they return to 70's and 80's packers I once knew, but I don't think they'll be that bad

Honestly, I've watched 30 years of QBcentric football and while we did get 2 trophies out of the deal, I'd like to see a more balanced roster approach. I realize that football is very much QBcentric in general, however there are lots of other moving parts and those can really screw a team over. The special teams after Holmgren have been nothing short of a disaster outside out our place kickers and our D's have usually been average at best except for the Superbowl teams, some have been flat out awful.

I've watched them spend a whole lot of their more valuable draft capital spent on defensive players for quite a while, and it's really time that shows up week in and week out. I was very disappointed in the defense's showing in the first half of last year and they don't have that option this year. Most of that falls on Berry, and if he blows it this year he really does need to go find a new team and maybe set a new record by going 0-17, an if the Packers pull off that ridiculous feat this year, they better clean the entire house...GM and the entire front office, entire coaching staff, some of the executive committee and maybe take some stock back from some of the idiot stockholders (I know they can't) but there better be some real changes.

Now, I will say that I do enjoy the way they do like to keep their model consistent without the revolving door at the front office and coaching staff level, but sometimes guys do run their course and just need to have the door hit them in the booty on the way out.

As far as individual players are concerned, I'll state it again. I don't care who or where they came from, but production and providing competition to the guys in front of them to perform is very much the key in my opinion. So new guys coming in need to decide they want starting jobs and starters need to up their games to true professional levels without having somebody cover up their shortcomings. When any of them get the chance they need to put their best performance on the field. That would be the Belechick model, I don't want to see them on the field doing what we know they can't, I want to see them doing what they can to the best of their ability.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers was drafted as a project player. He's now a first ballot HOFer. Not every first round draft pick needs to be an immediate contributor. You draft for the future every bit as much as the present.
Yea, i understand not all first round picks will be major contributors, specially at the QB position unless the team doesnt have a starting QB. That said, i do think your first round pick should, to some degree, be able to contribute right out of the gate.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Of course "they" are labeling him a bust. He's a project just like Gary was - who "they" also were labeling a bust the day he got drafted.

Van Ness is likely not going to get much playing time this year. He's physically talented and seems to have a good motor, but he's likely not NFL-ready out of the gate. Drafting him was always going to be for years down the road, not day #1. We can start the "bust" talk if he's still not getting significant playing time by the end of year #3.

"They" are short-sighted morons.
On the money so far. Good motor is the only positive right now. Only one move and not to bright seem to be the negatives. Project player indeed-

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) MLF is a solid head coach but I question his play calling on third/4th and short although some of that could be Rodgers screwing up.
2.) Love from what I've seen is an above average QB and has really developed with the assistance of Tom Clements and just watching the GOAT (skill not accomplishments) over the past few seasons. Rodgers was Below average last year with the injury so Love could give them a major boost on offense. With all that talent, system and play calling it's not out of the question for them to be a top 10 scoring offense again. It's just a matter of how long the young guys will get rolling together.
3.) Defense is by far the best in the division as the other teams were bottom five in PPG allowed. GB was basically average in PPG allowed per game last season. Having the addition of Gary, development of Enagbare and the new improved DE's appears this will make them a top 10 defense in ppg allowed next season.
4.) Schedule: There schedule on paper as of right now looks very favorable. They have a cup cake division with four easy W's from the Vikes and Bears and the Lions appear to be fading even with a ton of hype for no reason. The for sure L's I see are going to be KC, Charges, and Saints. The tossup games are the G men, Pitt, and @ Lions.

So a 11 win season is certainly possible. They would have to have an epic fail of a season to win less than 10 games this season. They would need a ton of major injuries for that to happen. Honestly they should be 7-1 or 6-2 right out the gates if you look at the schedule.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Ness is a beast, but the Packers are not going to be very good. It's a passing league and they got rid of a top 5 WR and top 5 QB in back to back years to run some backwoods hillbillie offense. To put it nicely.

Sad for such a historical franchise.
Nice troll,

Rodgers was 26th last year in QBR which is the best indicator for the MVP so a solid ranking system for QB play overall on an annual basis. So he was near the bottom of the league in QB play last season, a detriment to the team. Adams was nice but due to Rodgers forcing him the rock too often they became incredibly predictable especially in the postseason which is one of the main reasons they choked in the postseason with Rodgers and Adams running the show on offense.

Doubs is looking like Davante in year 5 right now with LOS moves, and route running along with the ability to catch contested catches (especially deep throws). Watson looks like Randy Moss on roids with a higher IQ. He just toasted a dude from the Bengles who ran a 4.26 at the combine. However, his route running is sus so he relies on his talent at the moment.

Sure, it's a passing league but you need a stable of solid RB's when the bad weather hits during playoff time and a defense that won't be shredded by great offenses. The Iggles don't have either of those things. They have two RB's who can never stay healthy and a defense that gets shredded when they face a legitimate offense. Defense and a running game is more consistent than a offensive passing attack.

Your overall troll argument has no merit as we know Rodgers wanted out and wasn't half the player he used to be and Adams is on the wrong side of 30 so he would be an overpaid liability as would Rodgers with that huge contract. Now they have a ton of cap space. After Bak is gone they'll be able to sign so big time free agents in 2025 and beyond.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB "should" have the best defense again in NFCN this year, but defenses can fall apart pretty quick

I think Love will be ok, I really think he'll end up Dak Prescott like/level (which isn't bad) but for fanbase that is used to HOF level play, it could be a bit of a shocker

I wouldn't rule out any team in NFCN, although I do think Bears ceiling is likely 8 wins, but bears have a big wild card that if Fields makes same turn that Hurts did last year, they could be pretty good.

I think Vikings will actually be an improved team, but a worse record

Lions, I'm 43, so Lions are a definetly a prove it team with me, and just seen them be the lions one too many times
1.) There's no sign of GB's defense falling apart. At worst a slight improvement from last season with the return of the best player on defense in Rashan Gary, DE's upgraded, Enagbare (SP?) looking like a beast at OLB, and the best CB group in the NFL.
2.) Not a shocker as most of the fanbase assumes he's garbage and some want Clifford the big white dog to start already. I see him as slightly above average in his first season and a ceiling as a top 7-10 QB in the NFL but not a FHOF IMO.

I rule out the Bears because they have an old bag as the owner and will continue to suffer as she ages, just like when Al Davis was running the show for the Faiders in his 90's and fans were just waiting for him to die.

Queens are a drastically worse team personnel wise, no 6 game luck bonus for them this season. The luckiest team in NFL history had their day in the sun and sold out everything for one season but now they will suffer for a long time. They need to completely blow up the team and start over. Cousins is done move on and start over fresh.

Lions are being hyped up as something they're not. They're still a bottom five defense along with the Bears and Vikes, a mediocre QB, a meh RB group but a decent WR group and aggressive play calling. I see them as a 9 win team this year.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't see the multi MVP + SB + HOF as his ceiling, and if he hits that, I quit football because obviously Vikings are cursed

I was interested in vikings drafting Love and having him set behind Cousins for 1-2 years, but I'm pretty sure we won't regret taking Jefferson over him.

Yeah who knows at this point. Packers moved up because they think he can be their Mahomie type of QB or better. When combined with learning from Rodgers and the best QB coach in the NFL and his natural talent and work ethic the sky is the limit at this point. I have him being their Jeff Garcia player but with continued progression so he may have a higher peak and could potentially win one SB one MVP but no HOF. Jeff's second season was oddly enough his best season. I expect Love to hit those numbers but continue to improve for the long haul unless he has a significant injury.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) MLF is a solid head coach but I question his play calling on third/4th and short although some of that could be Rodgers screwing up.
2.) Love from what I've seen is an above average QB and has really developed with the assistance of Tom Clements and just watching the GOAT (skill not accomplishments) over the past few seasons. Rodgers was Below average last year with the injury so Love could give them a major boost on offense. With all that talent, system and play calling it's not out of the question for them to be a top 10 scoring offense again. It's just a matter of how long the young guys will get rolling together.
3.) Defense is by far the best in the division as the other teams were bottom five in PPG allowed. GB was basically average in PPG allowed per game last season. Having the addition of Gary, development of Enagbare and the new improved DE's appears this will make them a top 10 defense in ppg allowed next season.
4.) Schedule: There schedule on paper as of right now looks very favorable. They have a cup cake division with four easy W's from the Vikes and Bears and the Lions appear to be fading even with a ton of hype for no reason. The for sure L's I see are going to be KC, Charges, and Saints. The tossup games are the G men, Pitt, and @ Lions.

So a 11 win season is certainly possible. They would have to have an epic fail of a season to win less than 10 games this season. They would need a ton of major injuries for that to happen. Honestly they should be 7-1 or 6-2 right out the gates if you look at the schedule.
Im still waiting for the defense to win a game for them. I think they may have to do that this year. i also believe there is one factor you are not taking into account. Experience. Unless the defense plays lights out every game, the lack of experience at the QB position will cost them multiple games. They will win some games this year but 11 wins would shock the shit out of me.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still waiting for the defense to win a game for them. I think they may have to do that this year. i also believe there is one factor you are not taking into account. Experience. Unless the defense plays lights out every game, the lack of experience at the QB position will cost them multiple games. They will win some games this year but 11 wins would shock the shit out of me.

I took into consideration experience. I've seen plenty of QB's in recent times come in as first year starters as rookies and dominate.

The defense won multiple games last year including the game vs the Vikes last year when JB got his head out of his ass and played some man to man and took JJ out of the game with JA as many said they should've done in game one.

Again, Rodgers was below average last year with the Injury and they still nearly made the postseason. If Love is just average I believe they make the postseason combined with an easier schedule this year.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took into consideration experience. I've seen plenty of QB's in recent times come in as first year starters as rookies and dominate.

The defense won multiple games last year including the game vs the Vikes last year when JB got his head out of his ass and played some man to man and took JJ out of the game with JA as many said they should've done in game one.

Again, Rodgers was below average last year with the Injury and they still nearly made the postseason. If Love is just average I believe they make the postseason combined with an easier schedule this year.
Im not saying a rookie/first time starter cant come in and dominate but its the exception, not the rule. I just wont be surprised to see this team lose multiple games because experience at the QB position is lacking.

Looking back at the Vikes game the defense did contribute to one score but GB's offense put a bunch of points on the board so that isnt what im referring to about the defense winning a game. An example of what im talking about is when the offense isnt scoring and the defense comes through to win the game.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so far it appears the Pack will go into the regular season without any significant injuries suffered in preseason. It's tough for me to judge what they are as they play mostly 2nd stringers or are playing 2nd stringers, so I don't take the results too seriously. It's more important for depth guys to get reps and be comfortable in game like situations, so we'll see if that depth helps and if the depth has improved.

I guess we now move on with the show.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so far it appears the Pack will go into the regular season without any significant injuries suffered in preseason. It's tough for me to judge what they are as they play mostly 2nd stringers or are playing 2nd stringers, so I don't take the results too seriously. It's more important for depth guys to get reps and be comfortable in game like situations, so we'll see if that depth helps and if the depth has improved.

I guess we now move on with the show.
We will see what Lafleaur is made of. If they come out of the gate kicking ass and have a good season it will make you wonder the dedication level of Rodgers last year.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give love enough time he will be fine,it,s not gonnahappen overnight or in his first season though.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see what Lafleaur is made of. If they come out of the gate kicking ass and have a good season it will make you wonder the dedication level of Rodgers last year.
Reminder: Rodgers went 6-10 in his first year as a starter (2008) with 28 TD and 13 INT. That 13 INT was the highest INT total of his career.

There will likely be some growing pains with Love and this young receiving corps. Mistakes will be made on the field that will result in losses that won't necessarily be on LaFleur. And you can't blame LaFleur or Love when our rookie kicker misses FGs & XPs. (The kicking game has me more worried about this team right now than the passing offense.)

I think this team should net more than 6 wins; I've got them at 9±2.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminder: Rodgers went 6-10 in his first year as a starter (2008) with 28 TD and 13 INT. That 13 INT was the highest INT total of his career.

There will likely be some growing pains with Love and this young receiving corps. Mistakes will be made on the field that will result in losses that won't necessarily be on LaFleur. And you can't blame LaFleur or Love when our rookie kicker misses FGs & XPs. (The kicking game has me more worried about this team right now than the passing offense.)

I think this team should net more than 6 wins; I've got them at 9±2.
They looked pretty decent in pre season. Regular season will be a different story. I really dont have any expectations other than what i posted earlier and what you have stated. Growing pains will contribute to some losses. We will see how well Lafleaur handles this team and if he can be successful. Im still curious as to Rodgers dedication last year...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked pretty decent in pre season. Regular season will be a different story. I really dont have any expectations other than what i posted earlier and what you have stated. Growing pains will contribute to some losses. We will see how well Lafleaur handles this team and if he can be successful. Im still curious as to Rodgers dedication last year...
I agree it was questionable. ...Perhaps akin to 'senioritis' - a condition developed by many high school seniors that causes their grades slip because they're so close to moving on to the next phase of their lives and can't wait for it to happen...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying a rookie/first time starter cant come in and dominate but its the exception, not the rule. I just wont be surprised to see this team lose multiple games because experience at the QB position is lacking.

Looking back at the Vikes game the defense did contribute to one score but GB's offense put a bunch of points on the board so that isnt what im referring to about the defense winning a game. An example of what im talking about is when the offense isnt scoring and the defense comes through to win the game.
Experience is fine but he has 3 years in the league and looks like a solid veteran. We seen his talents vs the Superbowl Eagles last year. The funny thing was he relplaced an injured Rodgers on the exact date Rodgers replaced an injured Favre and he looked better than Rodgers and Rodgers looked better than Favre. Also they both played an NFC East team that was leading the conference at the time they played.

This team won 13 games 3 years in a row and the only difference last year was Rodgers was a liability as the 27th ranked QB in QBR last year and throwing many uncharacteristic ints.

If you look at the schedule to be completely honest I only see two QB's who are for sure better than Love in Mahomie and Herbert. So those are the only games I count as for sure L's. Derek Carr and Wilson have taken major steps down. Cousins and Goff are average passers but under pressure in big games they collapse, Fields' can't pass, and then I believe they face a few rookies or below average QB's.

I see what you are saying. Yeah I do not have faith in Joe Dinglebarry. I have about as much faith in him as I did in Dom Capers at the end of his tenure with the Packers.

Admittedly it did hurt not having Rashan Gary, Stokes and Campbell was a shell of his former self playing injured last season. I hope Joe proves me wrong but I have very little faith in his defensive scheme. This defense has what about 7-8 first rounders? There is no reason they shouldn't be a top 5 defense in ppg allowed.