• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First time in a very long time I'm not sure what to expect

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the Packers could really suck or be average. I don't have high hopes, but I do expect them to compete. I could be surprised, but am expecting them to win from 5 to 8 games, and the wins should probably come from playing strong D. I could be wrong...just my expectation

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but this Packers team kinda reminds me of the Seattle Seahawks team in Russell Wilson's rookie year.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 cents-
I dont expect a whole lot of success this year but i could be wrong. I will say if they do have success, then i think mgt may have a method to their madness. if not, i think some changes should happen at that level.

Heard the other day that they(not sure who "they" are) have labeled Van Ness a bust already. I wasnt excited about the pick but everybody deserves a chance. We shall see...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 cents-
I dont expect a whole lot of success this year but i could be wrong. I will say if they do have success, then i think mgt may have a method to their madness. if not, i think some changes should happen at that level.

Heard the other day that they(not sure who "they" are) have labeled Van Ness a bust already. I wasnt excited about the pick but everybody deserves a chance. We shall see...
:L Of course "they" are labeling him a bust. He's a project just like Gary was - who "they" also were labeling a bust the day he got drafted.

Van Ness is likely not going to get much playing time this year. He's physically talented and seems to have a good motor, but he's likely not NFL-ready out of the gate. Drafting him was always going to be for years down the road, not day #1. We can start the "bust" talk if he's still not getting significant playing time by the end of year #3.

"They" are short-sighted morons.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Ness is a beast, but the Packers are not going to be very good. It's a passing league and they got rid of a top 5 WR and top 5 QB in back to back years to run some backwoods hillbillie offense. To put it nicely.

Sad for such a historical franchise.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love played pretty good against philly last year when he came in for rodgers.may be better than you think.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Of course "they" are labeling him a bust. He's a project just like Gary was - who "they" also were labeling a bust the day he got drafted.

Van Ness is likely not going to get much playing time this year. He's physically talented and seems to have a good motor, but he's likely not NFL-ready out of the gate. Drafting him was always going to be for years down the road, not day #1. We can start the "bust" talk if he's still not getting significant playing time by the end of year #3.

I agree that they are short sighted morons. Most of those people are paid for clicks and reads, so writing that stuff gets them clicks and reads and that seems to be all they care about.

I don't care about draft grades by team or individual players, what I do care about is production from the players no matter where they come from. Draft, free agents, undrafted free agents, guys off the street, none of that really matters to me. Do they produce, provide competition to improve the positions and the overall team, that's really all I care about. Clicks and click bait don't mean a damn thing to me, mostly because I have yet to see any of those guys write that they were wrong about their grades given or assessment of any players. They sure as hell pat themselves on the back when they get it right, but never serve themselves up crow...ever

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Ness is a beast, but the Packers are not going to be very good. It's a passing league and they got rid of a top 5 WR and top 5 QB in back to back years to run some backwoods hillbillie offense. To put it nicely.

Sad for such a historical franchise.
Common perception is the Packers aren't going to be very good because Rodgers was the team and now he's gone. It's easy to overlook that the Packers actually had the best defense in the NFC North last year and were one of six teams in the whole league who kept opposing teams under 200 yards passing per game on average. The Packers also have the best RB corps in the division and a solid offensive line when healthy (which they were not last season). The cupboard isn't bare and the divisional opponents aren't great. Are they a Super Bowl contender this year? Unlikely. Are they capable of winning the division? Sure!. We'll see how things play out.

Also, saying "they got rid of" Adams and Rodgers isn't entirely accurate. The Packers offered Adams a bigger contract than the Raiders did to stay, but Adams wanted to play for the Raiders instead so the Packers worked a deal to make it happen and not lose Adams for nothing. Rodgers decided that he wanted to play elsewhere this year, so the Packers honored Rodgers' wishes and traded him. Both cases were to honor the player's wishes and get something in return for their desired departure.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didnt pay attention to this years draft but the question that pops up in my head is...why would GB, for their first pick, draft a project player? Wouldnt you want someone that can contribute right out of the gate? Maybe im naïve to the process so im just trying to understand their thought process in the pick. So, can i assume there were no other players available that could contribute right away when GB had their first pick? What was the draw to Van Ness? Again, just trying to understand the decision making by the GB mgt.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common perception is the Packers aren't going to be very good because Rodgers was the team and now he's gone. It's easy to overlook that the Packers actually had the best defense in the NFC North last year and were one of six teams in the whole league who kept opposing teams under 200 yards passing per game on average. The Packers also have the best RB corps in the division and a solid offensive line when healthy (which they were not last season). The cupboard isn't bare and the divisional opponents aren't great. Are they a Super Bowl contender this year? Unlikely. Are they capable of winning the division? Sure!. We'll see how things play out.

Also, saying "they got rid of" Adams and Rodgers isn't entirely accurate. The Packers offered Adams a bigger contract than the Raiders did to stay, but Adams wanted to play for the Raiders instead so the Packers worked a deal to make it happen and not lose Adams for nothing. Rodgers decided that he wanted to play elsewhere this year, so the Packers honored Rodgers' wishes and traded him. Both cases were to honor the player's wishes and get something in return for their desired departure.
Question is...why did they want to leave?

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a return to the 70's and 80's would be nice.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt pay attention to this years draft but the question that pops up in my head is...why would GB, for their first pick, draft a project player? Wouldnt you want someone that can contribute right out of the gate? Maybe im naïve to the process so im just trying to understand their thought process in the pick. So, can i assume there were no other players available that could contribute right away when GB had their first pick? What was the draw to Van Ness? Again, just trying to understand the decision making by the GB mgt.
Aaron Rodgers was drafted as a project player. He's now a first ballot HOFer. Not every first round draft pick needs to be an immediate contributor. You draft for the future every bit as much as the present.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is...why did they want to leave?
The Raiders were Adams childhood favorite team and he had his best buddy (Carr) playing for the Raiders (at the time).

Ultimately, Rodgers wanted to be QB, coach & GM and in his mind he thought he earned that right. The Packers organization thought differently. Rodgers being triggered about not getting a voice in the draft & free agency spilled onto some other players in the locker room and also contributed to Adams departure.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders were Adams childhood favorite team and he had his best buddy (Carr) playing for the Raiders (at the time).

Ultimately, Rodgers wanted to be QB, coach & GM and in his mind he thought he earned that right. The Packers organization thought differently. Rodgers being triggered about not getting a voice in the draft & free agency spilled onto some other players in the locker room and also contributed to Adams departure.
Adams was also unsure of the Long term QB situation....so ah, that concern kind of backfired on him

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GB "should" have the best defense again in NFCN this year, but defenses can fall apart pretty quick

I think Love will be ok, I really think he'll end up Dak Prescott like/level (which isn't bad) but for fanbase that is used to HOF level play, it could be a bit of a shocker

I wouldn't rule out any team in NFCN, although I do think Bears ceiling is likely 8 wins, but bears have a big wild card that if Fields makes same turn that Hurts did last year, they could be pretty good.

I think Vikings will actually be an improved team, but a worse record

Lions, I'm 43, so Lions are a definetly a prove it team with me, and just seen them be the lions one too many times

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB "should" have the best defense again in NFCN this year, but defenses can fall apart pretty quick

I think Love will be ok, I really think he'll end up Dak Prescott like/level (which isn't bad) but for fanbase that is used to HOF level play, it could be a bit of a shocker

I wouldn't rule out any team in NFCN, although I do think Bears ceiling is likely 8 wins, but bears have a big wild card that if Fields makes same turn that Hurts did last year, they could be pretty good.

I think Vikings will actually be an improved team, but a worse record

Lions, I'm 43, so Lions are a definetly a prove it team with me, and just seen them be the lions one too many times
I could see Dak as a fair comparison under our current assumptions about Love. That said, we as fans have had very little opportunity to analyze how much he has actually developed - similar to our very little knowledge we had about Rodgers when he took the #1 gig from Favre. Worst case scenario is quick bust and best case scenario is multi-MVP+SB+HOF so going with a Dak comp is a fair middle.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Dak as a fair comparison under our current assumptions about Love. That said, we as fans have had very little opportunity to analyze how much he has actually developed - similar to our very little knowledge we had about Rodgers when he took the #1 gig from Favre. Worst case scenario is quick bust and best case scenario is multi-MVP+SB+HOF so going with a Dak comp is a fair middle.
Personally I don't see the multi MVP + SB + HOF as his ceiling, and if he hits that, I quit football because obviously Vikings are cursed

I was interested in vikings drafting Love and having him set behind Cousins for 1-2 years, but I'm pretty sure we won't regret taking Jefferson over him.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't see the multi MVP + SB + HOF as his ceiling
We didn't see Rodgers being that guy when he was understudying Favre either. We didn't even see Rodgers being that guy through his first year as a starter. ...For all the same reasons and assumptions being spit about Love.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't see Rodgers being that guy when he was understudying Favre either. We didn't even see Rodgers being that guy through his first year as a starter. ...For all the same reasons and assumptions being spit about Love.
I mean yeah, I get that. Odds aren't in your favor, I don't see it and I'm higher on Love than some are

Obviously you never know, I just don't think he has that kind of potential but as always, I could be wrong.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean yeah, I get that. Odds aren't in your favor, I don't see it and I'm higher on Love than some are

Obviously you never know, I just don't think he has that kind of potential but as always, I could be wrong.
There's undoubtedly a pinch of wishful thinking on your part. There is on mine too.

Ultimately, to quote Budd: "So, I guess we'll just see. Won't we?"

maxresdefault.jpg

:suds: