• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Take

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He talks about how blacks carry themselves. He get on blacks for not staying off "THE WEED". There are plenty of examples, but he always get labeled as a pro black guy who is out to call out whites.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched ESPN in years but Cari Champion makes this show decent.

th

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Stephen A because he's actually pretty knowledgable but Skip is there for viewership purposes. He says ridiculous shit to drive up ratings. Joe Six Pack who gets belligerently tanked at sporting events knows more than Skip.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cari is moving to Sportscenter now...which is good for her and signals the demise of Skip/Stephen A.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Stephen A because he's actually pretty knowledgable but Skip is there for viewership purposes. He says ridiculous shit to drive up ratings. Joe Six Pack who gets belligerently tanked at sporting events knows more than Skip.

Same here. People may hate Stephen A but the man knows his shit especially when it comes to NBA and Boxing

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see, that's why I asked because Most people think that's what he was doing. I've seen every conversation he had on this, rather it was First Take or his radio show, and not one time he called or made it seem like Chip was racist. He made it clear that he don't believe Chip is racist. He even brought your point up , that Chip isn't racist because he is replacing them with blacks and he agreed to that. His point is, that Chip is cutting these good players because of negative things off the field and but you still have Cooper, who has the most negative impact on the team. Stephen A . also mentioned that that was the feelings of players on the team and he was right.

Im not saying you, but I feel a lot of people didn't even listen to the conversations he had on this, which make them not understand the context of his statement.

What would have happened if a white commentator made the same type of comments about a black coach? He can try to spin it all he wants. His prime example was a white guy who got caught making a racist comment and is still on the team vs. a black player who was released and he kept referring to the white player as "Chip's kinda guy."

Even if he didn't intend it as a racist comment, it doesn't change how it was perceived by most people.

That's not even why I don't like him though. The main reason I don't like him is because I don't like my sports news yelled to me. I don't watch Berman for the same reason.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A and Skip get a 3 week vacation for their hard work.

Both are off until July 13

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would have happened if a white commentator made the same type of comments about a black coach? He can try to spin it all he wants. His prime example was a white guy who got caught making a racist comment and is still on the team vs. a black player who was released and he kept referring to the white player as "Chip's kinda guy."

Even if he didn't intend it as a racist comment, it doesn't change how it was perceived by most people.

That's not even why I don't like him though. The main reason I don't like him is because I don't like my sports news yelled to me. I don't watch Berman for the same reason.

He asked a legit question , that even Eagles players were questioning. But this is all opinions so im not trying to debate that issue. Im just saying overall, he will call out racism and blacks, not just racism how people like to say.

Get some ear plugs, and you will like him lol.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done watching a re run of first take which was aired the morning after the finals...

I thought Stephan A Smith and Skip Bayless were about to cry due to the fact cleveland didn't win the title.....wow a little bias?

You would have thought they were in mourning.

You can't possibly tell us you were surprised by this? At one time ESPN called itself the TOTAL Sports Network. They aren't anywhere close to that anymore. I'm so sick & tired of hearing about the Cavs. Now it's all about the Cavs offseason. I hope Lebron never wins a title in Cleveland. I expect him to though. The East is so weak that Cleveland is likely to be in the NBA finals every year for the next 5 to 10 years.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't possibly tell us you were surprised by this? At one time ESPN called itself the TOTAL Sports Network. They aren't anywhere close to that anymore. I'm so sick & tired of hearing about the Cavs. Now it's all about the Cavs offseason. I hope Lebron never wins a title in Cleveland. I expect him to though. The East is so weak that Cleveland is likely to be in the NBA finals every year for the next 5 to 10 years.
This offseason isn't nearly as awful as the summer he chose Miami. I learned what LeBron ate for breakfast on Jule 28 in South Beach, and what tunes he listened to on his Beat headphones while driving to breakfast.

IF Cleveland goes to the Finals the next 5 straight years (absolutely possible) that means LeBron would have been in like 12 straight Finals, and only won 2 rings out of it...lol

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen! :gaah: