• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Take

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done watching a re run of first take which was aired the morning after the finals...

I thought Stephan A Smith and Skip Bayless were about to cry due to the fact cleveland didn't win the title.....wow a little bias?

You would have thought they were in mourning.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only sport stephen a has any clue about is the nba and he is unwatchable because he has too many friends in the league to give an honest opinion on

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Skip wasn't all about Cowboys, he would be a pretty decent NFL analyst. It is clear he understands football a lot better than other sports.

I laughed when Bayless started out by saying, "I am so happy to be away from the crowds that boo everything I said and cheered for everything Stephan A. Smith said."

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only sport stephen a has any clue about is the nba and he is unwatchable because he has too many friends in the league to give an honest opinion on

I 110% disagree! I think Stephen A. is one of the most honest people on tv, and that's why he is hated so much.

The fact that he is close to so many players and executives, make him more believable than most journalist and don't think for a second that he won't criticize these players, because he does it all the time.

Something, when he talks about race. He will call out something , if he think its racist or similar, but he will also call out black folks when needed, but somehow he is still labeled a race baiter by many.

Some just hate him because he is loud, which is dumb to me, but I guess.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Stephen A, imo, is that he's a one trick pony. All he has is the "angry black man" schtick and that has gotten old.

I think he knows his stuff and that he probably gets information that many others can't because he does seem to have a good relationship with a lot of players. However, it gets lost in the yelling and fake anger. His "Chip Kelly's kinda guy" rant was a bunch of crap too. He probably should have been fired for it.

Being on a show with Skip Bayless doesn't really help much either.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Bayless is a 3 ton anchor on a dory boat.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First take is a truly worthless show. It isn't funny, it isn't suspenseful, it doesn't give you advice on anything, it is just two real life trolls arguing about sports. Their views have absolutely no bearing on anything. It is really a worthless show. All of ESPNs original programming on during the day is worthless. They are only good for live sports and sports highlights.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Stephen A, imo, is that he's a one trick pony. All he has is the "angry black man" schtick and that has gotten old.

I think he knows his stuff and that he probably gets information that many others can't because he does seem to have a good relationship with a lot of players. However, it gets lost in the yelling and fake anger. His "Chip Kelly's kinda guy" rant was a bunch of crap too. He probably should have been fired for it.

Being on a show with Skip Bayless doesn't really help much either.

What was your problem with the whole chip thing?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really mind the show. Just another couple trolls which is entertaining lol

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really mind the show. Just another couple trolls which is entertaining lol

I don't know, I feel like these guys be having great debates. I think the fact that people don't like them personally, makes it hard to listen to the debate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was your problem with the whole chip thing?

He was trying to paint Chip Kelly as a racist. He inferred that Chip's "kinda guy" meant white because Chip cut a black player. Of course, he didn't mention that Chip replaced him with a black guy.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was trying to paint Chip Kelly as a racist. He inferred that Chip's "kinda guy" meant white because Chip cut a black player. Of course, he didn't mention that Chip replaced him with a black guy.

Lol he always mentions racism even though it has nothing to do with it

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of what makes him tiresome and annoying. Guys like that also make a mockery of what true racism is, imo.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You see, that's why I asked because Most people think that's what he was doing. I've seen every conversation he had on this, rather it was First Take or his radio show, and not one time he called or made it seem like Chip was racist. He made it clear that he don't believe Chip is racist. He even brought your point up , that Chip isn't racist because he is replacing them with blacks and he agreed to that. His point is, that Chip is cutting these good players because of negative things off the field and but you still have Cooper, who has the most negative impact on the team. Stephen A . also mentioned that that was the feelings of players on the team and he was right.

Im not saying you, but I feel a lot of people didn't even listen to the conversations he had on this, which make them not understand the context of his statement.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rather you think it has something to with it or not, he isn't afraid to call out and will criticize blacks too.

People don't talk about the things he say and do, to make blacks more responsible on life issues, they just think he is all about calling out racism.