• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. They pressure the hell out of Giroux/Ghost on our 1-3-1 power play and it works, so why in the hell aren't we pressuring Backstrom/Carlson on theirs? They are the same type of players in the same type of position. It's been absolutely unreal to me.

The series is not over, but we just about lost the entire thing because we simply could not kill a penalty.

Just imagine if they gave Giroux (and Ghost) all of the time in the world to make a play on the power play. They'd be in trouble. Well, that's what we're letting Backstrom (and Carlson) do.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is in panic mode now that we've won a game, but they may be if we win tonight, so let's get this done. Everyone right now is thinking for sure that this series ends tonight, so we need to put it all out there on the line and shock the world.

I think Neuvy needs to stand on his head, but he is more than capable of that and we actually won the special teams battle in game four. That's something the idiot Craig Laughlin said we could never do. If we can stay physical with their top guys and keep these trends moving forward, anything is possible.

It's also worth mentioning that the lines are performing better with Jake on the second line and Schenn back with Giroux and Simmonds. We get PEB back as well, I assume to replace Laughton. That's an upgrade, quite frankly.

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumped for tonight's game.
Let's hope we learned from our triumph on Wednesday how to shut these bitches down, and how to get around the great wall of Holtby.
And be it Neuvirth or Mason, let's hope they continue to know down the shots they take at them!!!!

Go Flyers!!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capitals will likely bring their "A" game tonight & will be feeding off the energy of the home crowd, so it will be a tough task for the Flyers to overcome. That being said, it could completely turn this series around if the Flyers could pull off the win tonight. It would put a lot of pressure on the Capitals to win game 6 at Philadelphia, and the Capitals aren't a team known for handling pressure well in the past.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is in panic mode now that we've won a game, but they may be if we win tonight, so let's get this done. Everyone right now is thinking for sure that this series ends tonight, so we need to put it all out there on the line and shock the world.

I think Neuvy needs to stand on his head, but he is more than capable of that and we actually won the special teams battle in game four. That's something the idiot Craig Laughlin said we could never do. If we can stay physical with their top guys and keep these trends moving forward, anything is possible.

It's also worth mentioning that the lines are performing better with Jake on the second line and Schenn back with Giroux and Simmonds. We get PEB back as well, I assume to replace Laughton. That's an upgrade, quite frankly.
We have also added a little size with McDonald which we sorely need against the Caps. If your favorite player (sarcasm noted) Read could chip in every now and then we make this a series.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumped for tonight's game.
Let's hope we learned from our triumph on Wednesday how to shut these bitches down, and how to get around the great wall of Holtby.
And be it Neuvirth or Mason, let's hope they continue to know down the shots they take at them!!!!

Go Flyers!!!!
Lets go we can steal one on the road and go from there!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed with Couts out they need to spread the wealth and keep Jake on the second line. It wouldn't shock me if they win tonight they handle adversity well. Getting Bellmare back helps too.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win tonight and we have ourselves a series!

I think, we win tonight and the Caps start to seriously question themselves. It would put a big bruise on their confidence.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has heart and hopefully Neuvy was a boost that we needed. Lets hit and block shots like last game and watch our PP catch fire.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a real chance for a win if we continue to build on what we started on Wednesday.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capitals’ crease wasn’t big enough for both Braden Holtby and Michal Neuvirth

After reading this I hope we play Neuvirth, and I hope he shoves it right up the Caps and Holtby's ass!!!!!

Who has more motivation to beat the Caps than Neuvy? He is also familiar with these shooters and is on a bit of a roll, so he could get in their heads quickly. You just never know.

Bottom line: We need to throw everything but the kitchen sink at them tonight. Play like there is no tomorrow. We can be a dangerous team. Winning this one would get them and their fans awfully nervous.

I just so happened to put in for tonight off from work well in advance and it has paid off. It could be the best game of the series and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to OT. I'm already off Sunday if they push this to six.

Last edited: