• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First round live

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, very athletic but not like a Prescott/Kaepernick looking to run right away... He is a passer.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raw in some key things, like never taking a snap from under center or having to rum a five or seven step drop. Can he learn those things? Sure, but it's why I expect Sanchez Wil be the starting QB this year.

And that's not a complaint.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raw in some key things, like never taking a snap from under center or having to rum a five or seven step drop. Can he learn those things? Sure, but it's why I expect Sanchez Wil be the starting QB this year.

And that's not a complaint.

Yes the typical spread offense hinderances and make no mistake he will not be in the gun with us so he has to learn to operate under center.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not check down artist like oz.... Guy will lay it out downfield and accurately.

Just found this on pro football focus:

The Memphis offense featured a lot of screens and he only threw three passes beyond 40 yards in the air (though he completed two of them).

Maybe Lynch isn't a check down artist, but apparently the Memphis offense had him doing a lot of it.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found this on pro football focus:

The Memphis offense featured a lot of screens and he only threw three passes beyond 40 yards in the air (though he completed two of them).

Maybe Lynch isn't a check down artist, but apparently the Memphis offense had him doing a lot of it.

Watch ole miss game and you will see all the deep throws you need and 40yds??? That's just short of a Hail Mary ... Note the "in the air" phrasing... Never saw him check down much at all and watched all last years games.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch ole miss game and you will see all the deep throws you need and 40yds??? That's just short of a Hail Mary ... Note the "in the air" phrasing... Never saw him check down much at all and watched all last years games.

I'll take your word on that. But pro football focus is pretty well known for being good with the analytical stuff. I believe they're the site that said Chris Harris was a top 10 CB before anybody even knew who he was.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mississippi coaching staff had to be shitting their pants after the Tunsil press conference. I don't think he understands what he just did to that program by admitting to the text messages on air, but can't feel sorry for the bastards, just that most every team does it.

As if anyone was surprised after Mississippi out of nowhere netted the top recruiting class that year with Tunsil, Ndekmiche, Treadwell, Conner (next years draft)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mississippi coaching staff had to be shitting their pants after the Tunsil press conference. I don't think he understands what he just did to that program by admitting to the text messages on air, but can't feel sorry for the bastards, just that most every team does it.

As if anyone was surprised after Mississippi out of nowhere netted the top recruiting class that year with Tunsil, Ndekmiche, Treadwell, Conner (next years draft)
Agree that caused a mild panic attack.

All those guys have said some pretty stupid things this off season. Not surprised they dropped a bit even though most had them ranked as best player at their position

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I give him credit for admitting to the mask/bong on the spot. Why deny that? Just say it was an old picture, teams want you to admit to a mistake so they know you take responsibility for your action, but when they ask you a question about something that is going to go down in a legal custody you probably should be a bit smarter then to blurt out a response without talking to someone... I just don't think the guy realized what that comment probably meant for the program. Not that I feel bad when someone does something illegal, but I sorta feel bad that Tunsil didn't realize what that comment did as he just admitted to it on the spot. I also like how ESPN after the draft said what should be the best day of his life turned into all of this, well your network was the one putting him on the spot asking him questins that really you should know better then to ask the kid to admit to these things on air. He is in no mans land, if he doesn't he lies and looks bad, if he does he looks bad anyway...Just don't ask him... Focus on his moment of getting drafted, his dream. Let the Dolphins ask him those other questions in private.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his loss is the Dolphins gain. Get rid of the bad influences and this kid could have a huge huge career.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pleasing that Miami cashed in on it and not some team that we can't stand :)

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this means a trade for Kap is off?

Definitely.

Denver Broncos select QB Paxton Lynch, will no longer pursue Kaepernick

Elway also said the selection of Lynch means the team has ended its pursuit of San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

“Yeah we can end that,” Elway said. “We’re thrilled we added Paxton. We think he can have a long career and he can be that guy. We’re not going to put too much pressure on him too early, break him in slowly but we’re really thrilled that he’s a guy with a lot of upside and he’s going to continue to get better.”

Poor Kaep. Took the money and all he's gonna have to show for it is being Blaine Gabbert's backup 'til he's out of the league.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw - looking at the trade from Seattle's POV, they likely got the player they wanted at 26 is my guess. There were no OTs selected between 26-30 so they probably got their guy and the extra third rounder. So a likely win-win in that trade.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos coughed up the 94th pick for the trade, so in my mind that's not too high a price. Especially if they felt another team was going to trade back into the 1st round or a team like the Chiefs was likely to take Lynch. I especially like the idea that the Chiefs were high on him and the Broncos pulled that rug out from under them. Their trading out immediately after the Broncos picked suggests there was something to the rumors they liked Lynch. I love sticking it to them!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most here don't know me but I don't lay out praise all that often... Ripped elway for taking oz over Wilson and said Wilson would go over Newton if a few inches taller... And we absolutely were stupid for taking oz over Wilson. I have been pretty good qb and rb wise.. Suck at s and wr... For whatever thAts worth (not much) but I am happy and I doubt very much you guys are going to dislike him.

I remember you loving Matt Forte before anyone knew who Matt Forte was. I will say the Oz pick was a great pick. Odd circumstances led him out of town but Denver wanted Oz to lead the team this year.

So right now, is Sanchez our QB this year? I sense Hoyer could come in..

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos coughed up the 94th pick for the trade, so in my mind that's not too high a price. Especially if they felt another team was going to trade back into the 1st round or a team like the Chiefs was likely to take Lynch. I especially like the idea that the Chiefs were high on him and the Broncos pulled that rug out from under them. Their trading out immediately after the Broncos picked suggests there was something to the rumors they liked Lynch. I love sticking it to them!

“Frankly give Denver credit. I thought we had it done,” Jones told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “It was that close. It was a good idea. He is a top prospect. Probably the highest upside in the draft. Congratulations to Denver.

“In hindsight we would have sweetened the pot. But they didn’t radio us in and tell us what they were doing on the other side.”

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the Chargers picking Bosa and Raiders picking Karl Joseph is solid drafting by both teams. I think the AFC West is going to be a dog fight in 2016.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you loving Matt Forte before anyone knew who Matt Forte was. I will say the Oz pick was a great pick. Odd circumstances led him out of town but Denver wanted Oz to lead the team this year.

So right now, is Sanchez our QB this year? I sense Hoyer could come in..

I believe he will be. He's got a jump by being in the Broncos play book these past 7 weeks plus his experience is certainly going to give him an edge over Lynch. I do like the idea of bringing in another vet as a #2 because I don't know if throwing a rookie to the wolves in event of injury is good football business. Then again, there is no better way to learn. We've got three arms on the roster now. Expect a 4th before camp, and my guess it'll be a vet. No point in going UDFA or using a late round pick on a QB now.