• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First round live

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you loving Matt Forte before anyone knew who Matt Forte was. I will say the Oz pick was a great pick. Odd circumstances led him out of town but Denver wanted Oz to lead the team this year.

So right now, is Sanchez our QB this year? I sense Hoyer could come in..

"Anyone" is everyone and not a true statement. JD did loved Forte, but he wasn't the only one who knew who the guy was. I think a lot of people liked Forte, but he was to JD what Ed Reed and Leonte Carroo were/are to me and what Richard Quinn was to SpringStein.

(That last part about Quinn, I made that up) ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the Chargers picking Bosa and Raiders picking Karl Joseph is solid drafting by both teams. I think the AFC West is going to be a dog fight in 2016.

Bosa shocked me. Not what I would call a fit for San Diego, but I do like Bosa.

Karl Joseph was a total fit and need and great add for what the Raiders are doing on D... Pair him with Reggie Nelson now. AHHHHH SHIT!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Anyone" is everyone and not a true statement. JD did love Forte, but he wasn't the only one who knew who the guy was.
Sorry He was singing Forte praises and loved him as a RB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when George tried telling us Richard Quinn was the next Tony Gonzalez?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well reading today it sounds like there were 5-6 teams trying to trade up or hoping Lynch would fall to them in the 1st round. Should show just how much teams really love his upside and why we should be excited about the possible future with this kid.

I will say I am with DC on while I like Bosa I am having a bit of a difficult time seeing him as a good fit for the Chargers. He really does look more like a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB. Have to see how he handles playing without his hand in the dirt and being asked to drop into coverage.

I do like the Karl Joseph pick for the Raiders. Obviously many of us were high on this kid. I was a bit surprised he went that early but really I was surprised with all the safeties in the 1st that went as high as they did. Looks like NFL teams were a bit higher on the safety class than we are or they realize there is no depth at the position and knew it was now or never on these players.

Anyway here is to hoping that Chris Jones somehow someway falls to us in the 2nd round! If we were doing draft scenarios for the 1st 2 rounds I would give that an A+ plus extra credit!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you loving Matt Forte before anyone knew who Matt Forte was. I will say the Oz pick was a great pick. Odd circumstances led him out of town but Denver wanted Oz to lead the team this year.

So right now, is Sanchez our QB this year? I sense Hoyer could come in..
True, but he also said Alphonso Smith was the next Champ Bailey... ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking at the 1st round what picks did you like, which did you view as reaches, and maybe which one surprised you?

Pick I liked (beyond our own of course)--Shaq Lawson to Buffalo. They needed a pass rusher and somehow some way when that position is usually overdrafted this kid fell to the Bills. I just think this is a great pairing with Rex Ryan and gives him a nice chess piece to play with.

Pick that was a reach. Keanu Neal. I think he is a great player and will do just fine but knowing that the Broncos were trying to trade with Atlanta I do think this kid would have still been available at 31 and they could have had some draft picks to go with it.

Surprised pick. Have to go the Jets with Darron Lee. I really thought for sure Paxton Lynch would be going to them. Either they know they will get something done with Fitzpatrick or they have somebody else in mind but I was shocked when I heard Darron Lee's name called. Not shocked at his draft value by any means just more that they didn't go QB.

Another surprise was Eli Apple going before Hargreaves. Apple to me is quite the project for a Corner where Hargreaves you are getting a day 1 impact guy that has a ton of value.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch Shaq Lawson play Ronnie Stanley at Notre Dame. Even if they played a doubleheader, [Lawson] wouldn’t have registered a sack.”

Jon Gruden last night

The NFL OLineman will flat out dominate this guy if Ronnie Stanly is dominating Shaq.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch Shaq Lawson play Ronnie Stanley at Notre Dame. Even if they played a doubleheader, [Lawson] wouldn’t have registered a sack.”

Jon Gruden last night

The NFL OLineman will flat out dominate this guy if Ronnie Stanly is dominating Shaq.

One bad game against a top-6 pick doesn't sway me from this kid. I think he will do well in Rex Ryan's scheme. He also showed well in both the run and pass defense. He isn't just a situational guy to start out.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about OSU vs Bama . 4 of the first 20 OSU players. Alabama one player the center really Alabama