• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First football hire

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eugene Shen has been hired as senior vice president of football strategy. He's supposed to be well respected in the analytics world n has worked for a few teams already.

He joins the team next month.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eugene Shen has been hired as senior vice president of football strategy. He's supposed to be well respected in the analytics world n has worked for a few teams already.

He joins the team next month.
Josh harris: Hey Ron, I hired Eugene shen to head up our analytics department. Wanted to give you a heads up.

Rivera: Sorry Josh, but we only hire folks from Carolina.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All part of the evaluation. If Harris is interested in analytics, thats a death knell for Ron. His analytics aren’t that good.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the article is in Riggo's Rag. I would've linked it, but I'm on my phone.

Riverboat made the announcement about the hiring, but the article did state he (RR) can't be happy n his shit will get real sour if he doesn't turn the season around.

Riverboat could go 8-2 from here on out n I'm hoping he still gets fired. The biggest tragedy that could happen would be this year turning around n Riverboat getting the credit.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the article is in Riggo's Rag. I would've linked it, but I'm on my phone.

Riverboat made the announcement about the hiring, but the article did state he (RR) can't be happy n his shit will get real sour if he doesn't turn the season around.

Riverboat could go 8-2 from here on out n I'm hoping he still gets fired. The biggest tragedy that could happen would be this year turning around n Riverboat getting the credit.
Harris needs to hire his GM. I hope he’s close.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you.

I disagree with the notion of staying focused on the field and winning games. I dont care if we win another game this year. Skinsdad can ban me or the board can vote me off the island. I don't care if we go 0-10...I really dont.

There are much bigger things at play here. Making the playoffs and winning a playoff game will have no impact on this organization in 5 or 10 years.

Hiring the correct GM and building the front office correctly will have an impact on the next 5 or 10 years

Think about this...the few fans we have left, have never seen a professional, efficient front office in over 20 years. We deserve a front office that utilizes experience, analytics, and values success.

Rivera is none of those things and hurt this organization by bringing in a bunch of yes men and cronies from one of the worst organizations in the nfl...the Carolina panthers.

I can't wait for this nightmare to be over.
I can't wait for a coach to talk to his team instead of the media.
I can't wait till we have experienced professionals calling the shots, not a substandard coach who guesses.

None of this is directed at you.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM doesn't get hired until the season is over so the entire pool is available.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no promise that Harris gets it all right to start. But there is hope that he can't fuck it up as much as Dan did.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you.

I disagree with the notion of staying focused on the field and winning games. I dont care if we win another game this year. Skinsdad can ban me or the board can vote me off the island. I don't care if we go 0-10...I really dont.

There are much bigger things at play here. Making the playoffs and winning a playoff game will have no impact on this organization in 5 or 10 years.

Hiring the correct GM and building the front office correctly will have an impact on the next 5 or 10 years

Think about this...the few fans we have left, have never seen a professional, efficient front office in over 20 years. We deserve a front office that utilizes experience, analytics, and values success.

Rivera is none of those things and hurt this organization by bringing in a bunch of yes men and cronies from one of the worst organizations in the nfl...the Carolina panthers.

I can't wait for this nightmare to be over.
I can't wait for a coach to talk to his team instead of the media.
I can't wait till we have experienced professionals calling the shots, not a substandard coach who guesses.

None of this is directed at you.
Well that’s it Duke , Dean and I have decided your drivers license will be bent and stamped no ice cream

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that’s it Duke , Dean and I have decided your drivers license will be bent and stamped no ice cream
Breed the wise has spoken

Duke is banned from the board

The name of duke shall be striken from the record

Speaking the name of duke in public is punishable by flogging

Duke is now erased