• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First-down line could be coming to NFL stadiums

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amron, an entrepreneur and concept promoter, first met with the NFL in 2003 and again in 2009. There may be future meetings soon. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello says, "We have not been convinced that it would work for us, but we are open to further discussion after the season."

"...but we are open to further discussions..." Translation - it is never going to happen.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have a problem with this from a non-technical stand point (like technology)? Like does anyone believe the runners' innate sense or football sense to get to the first down marker makes the game at least minisculey specialer? (Yes, two non-words.) Obviously, the goal to go as far as you can without fumbling the ball or being tackled doesn't change, but I've seen announcers on failed third down conversions stating that the receiver has to know where that line is and the greats do it. Would having a laser down the field dumb it down for the non-greats? Obviously, it wouldn't make players great, it would just maybe remove some instances where the greats excel over other average Joes.

I don't have anything wrong with it, it just popped in my head.