• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First day of Franchise Tagging begins today

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we tag anyone?

Any players on other teams you see being tagged?

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That link has us franchising Goldson again, would be very interesting to see what would happen if we did and were unable to come to a contract agreement though. I am all for cutting Whitner though if it means bringing Goldson back,

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That link has us franchising Goldson again, would be very interesting to see what would happen if we did and were unable to come to a contract agreement though. I am all for cutting Whitner though if it means bringing Goldson back,

The article stated that we have until March 4th to use the tag and I think we won't tag Goldson until March 1st. I still can't see us giving him a Weedle deal but 7 per year seems about right and I am now comfortable with that.

I do like the idea of franchising Walker if we can get a deal done with Goldson he does so much in our offense and I saw that the cap # for TEs is a little over 5 million so I think that its is a good deal for the team to franchise Walker .

Regardless of who we franchise Whitner needs to go. I like what he brings to the table in run support but he is to big of a liability in the pass game and we need more coverage on the back end to continue to be successful IMO

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article stated that we have until March 4th to use the tag and I think we won't tag Goldson until March 1st. I still can't see us giving him a Weedle deal but 7 per year seems about right and I am now comfortable with that.

I do like the idea of franchising Walker if we can get a deal done with Goldson he does so much in our offense and I saw that the cap # for TEs is a little over 5 million so I think that its is a good deal for the team to franchise Walker .

Regardless of who we franchise Whitner needs to go. I like what he brings to the table in run support but he is to big of a liability in the pass game and we need more coverage on the back end to continue to be successful IMO

I agree about Whitner. Nice player, very good tackler, hard hitter, but a liability in coverage. Of course, had we had a pass rush last 6 games of the season none of that would matter as much. But this draft is filled with DBs. Matt Elam, TJ McDonald (son of Tim McDonald), Eric Reid. All of those guys can ballhawk.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Whitner. Nice player, very good tackler, hard hitter, but a liability in coverage. Of course, had we had a pass rush last 6 games of the season none of that would matter as much. But this draft is filled with DBs. Matt Elam, TJ McDonald (son of Tim McDonald), Eric Reid. All of those guys can ballhawk.

Lol. I'm sorry but TJ McDonald is not a ball hawk. He is worse in coverage than Whitner.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talk about cutting Whitner, is he tradeable though? I mean of course he is but would any team be interested? Whats his value?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talk about cutting Whitner, is he tradeable though? I mean of course he is but would any team be interested? Whats his value?

Doubt that he is. He is in his last year of his contract and is scheduled to make about 4 million this year. That is another reason why I would cut him and use the cap space to resign some other guys. If Whitner was cheap I would keep him but at this point he isn't worth 4 million IMO