• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First BCS Rankings 10/20/2013

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undefeated is always great!

Lemme guess, you are an SEC TEAM??

Lol, sure it is.

And no, I like the SEC but no to answer your question. Bama isnt even my fav in the SEC, its GA.

GA has been winning a lot lately havent they? Certainly im on their bandwagon.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama isnt my team. Neither is UCLA or UK and DAMN sure not duke.

OK. Listen, I will try to speak for 99% of Duck fans. A National Title is not how the fans judge this program, but rather it would be icing on the cake.

The mere thought of a Crystal Football was a pipe dream my entire life. Never even thought about it.

Just didnt have the winning tradition or resources to even think that way.

There are 126 CFB FBS teams. One gets the NATTY. A team and its fans can claim success when you are not named USC or Alabama while raising something other than the Crystal Ball.

In pro sports there are around 30 teams. Easier to win a Championship.

That is why our fans are thrilled with winning a Rose Bowl. This year, sure, we would be disappointing to not get a shot at Alabama.

To even play and compete with that dynasty, both historic and current would be incredible.

And yeah, I think if Oregon did make the NATTY they would have their best shot ever at winning it.

They are better than the 2010 team that got beat by 3 to Auburn.

So, if you are a true fan of CFB you will know that more than one team can be proud of their accomplishments while not hoisting the Crystal.

Last edited by a moderator:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Johnson probably lives in the Steel city as well. Pooor dude.

jlesho09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a Duck fan must have kicked Steelerboy's dog or something. Sorry man.

As to not winning anything this is what I don't get...

So now it's NC or your seasons are shit?

Oregon has won no less than 12 games in 2010, 2011, 2012 and hopefully this year.

I know, I know they were all against pansy West coast teams...

Did also come within 3 in a NCG. You know one of the best ones in last 10 years

Did win a Rose Bowl and a Fiesta Bowl.

Have won 3 of last 4 conference titles.

Yep nothing

It's about elevating your standards. Right now UCF is THRILLED to be ranked 23rd, but FSU and Oregon would be PISSED to be that low. It's a compliment to your team if anything less than an NC is a failure. If we have to settle for the Orange Bowl again this year, I know I won't be satisfied.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, sure it is.

And no, I like the SEC but no to answer your question. Bama isnt even my fav in the SEC, its GA.

GA has been winning a lot lately havent they? Certainly im on their bandwagon.

When your "fav" team goes undefeated come talk to me, otherwise go eat some juju beans

Urban Dictionary: juju bean

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids more concerned telling us all what he is going to eat while watching the games at home.

Probably never even been to LA or Pittsburgh.

Still waiting for u to send us one of those 20 different kinds of meat you bbqing on gameday son.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about elevating your standards. Right now UCF is THRILLED to be ranked 23rd, but FSU and Oregon would be PISSED to be that low. It's a compliment to your team if anything less than an NC is a failure. If we have to settle for the Orange Bowl again this year, I know I won't be satisfied.

Thank u. Thats the point I made to yeon or whatever his name is. Maybe in a sarcastic manner, but the point was the same. A lot of Oregon hate stems from the media pumping them up so much like they did LBJ and the cowboys.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, exactly.

You are FSU. I would be pissed if Oregon chokes or doesnt capitalize on this years team.

But, see for a Duck fan it would be killer to get a crack at beating Ohio State in the Rose Bowl for the 1st time in our schools history.

A great consolation prize.

For the Nebraskas, USC, Bamas, Ohio States, and your FSU.... You have all been there countless times.

Oregon, our team has had a 5 year window where the words National Title were on our minds.

5 years man, Didnt stop me from buying season tickets since 1996 though.

True fans en sech.

If Oregon chokes, I am all over rooting for Jameis and FSU.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get increased expectations but you cannot call every team not the NC a failure. Especially in the current system

Hell, one of our teams could get left out while doing everything we can do to get in. That's not either of our fault but the dumb people will look back and say your team sucks because you didn't win the championship

:suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank u. Thats the point I made to yeon or whatever his name is. Maybe in a sarcastic manner, but the point was the same. A lot of Oregon hate stems from the media pumping them up so much like they did LBJ and the cowboys.

Imagine that. The media pumps up a historic middle of the pack team from the PAC12 that suddenly has finished in the top 5 - 3 of 4 years, has lost 7 games in 5 years all to top 10 teams, won their first Rose Bowl in 95 years, gave team SEC their best NATTY game, is changing the way the CFB game is played, won 3 BCS games, and is the #2 or 3 team in the country.

Well thats a shocker. How dare the media mention lil ol Oregon for a few minutes when they could be talking about Notre Dame or the SEC.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I hate about the 1st BCS rankings is that people look at them and start making all kinds of statements and assumptions. still a whole lot of football to play. every undefeated team has games in front of it that they can lose. and if history has shown us anything almost all of them will lose 1.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get increased expectations but you cannot call every team not the NC a failure. Especially in the current system

Hell, one of our teams could get left out while doing everything we can do to get in. That's not either of our fault but the dumb people will look back and say your team sucks because you didn't win the championship

:suds:

Bama and Oregon both lost one game.

Bama lost to the 6th place SEC team last year and won the NATTY. They did deserve it.

The Ducks lost one game to a top 5 team, the eventual PAC champion and didnt get the same opportunity or 2nd chance that Bama did.

But I too grow tired of the point you made.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I hate about the 1st BCS rankings is that people look at them and start making all kinds of statements and assumptions. still a whole lot of football to play. every undefeated team has games in front of it that they can lose. and if history has shown us anything almost all of them will lose 1.

truth.

Lots of ifs and buts.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, at least a lot of my friends, still look at it as the primary goal to win the conference. If you do that you have to guess you have a shot at the National title. but that is something that is outside of the control of the team.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little off topic here, however teams #1-4 all have a legit shot at the title game as it stands right now, I don't see any problems with that whatsoever. Many great games with all the undefeated teams to be played yet, this has been a great year insofar as the quality and parity of teams and the matchups