• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire them, Trade them, Get Rid of them

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flyers can not win the first shift and or the first period...

no on involved with the hockey operations of the Philadelphia Flyers should be employed.

There is no discipline. There is no willingness to back check. There is no accountability.

I don't care what comes back in trades....I really don't. If the Flyers can get a puck bag, some tape and a nice picture of Catherine Tappen...make the deal. Get rid of Umberger, Vinny, and Grossman.

Coburn will bring a return form the right team.

Get a real LW to play with Giroux. Build a real second line around Laughton.

....otherwise, rush to beat out Buffalo for McDavid, not that the league will ever let the Flyers get the 1st overall pick

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing that should happen is firing the coach - that's the easiest thing they can do right now

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please bring in a fresh face coach. Junior or the AHL, not the Flyers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the team has stopped playing any hockey worth watching. They just are not even showing up as in tonight's mess.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flyers can not win the first shift and or the first period...

no on involved with the hockey operations of the Philadelphia Flyers should be employed.

There is no discipline. There is no willingness to back check. There is no accountability.

I don't care what comes back in trades....I really don't. If the Flyers can get a puck bag, some tape and a nice picture of Catherine Tappen...make the deal. Get rid of Umberger, Vinny, and Grossman.

Coburn will bring a return form the right team.

Get a real LW to play with Giroux. Build a real second line around Laughton.

....otherwise, rush to beat out Buffalo for McDavid, not that the league will ever let the Flyers get the 1st overall pick

I think Grossmann is 1 guy worth keeping. I believe he is a solid 2nd pairing guy getting paid 2nd pairing money. I wanted to get rid of him earlier but I think he is solid for what he is.

I think Hexy would take a bag of pucks for the other 2. Problem is that no one will take those contracts. A Mac is the absolute worst because its 1st pairing money for 5 years for a 3rd pairing guy. Usually you could throw a 2nd or 3rd round pick to sweeten the deal but that wont work with these contracts. Hexy doesn't want to give up decent picks but to get free from 1 of these I think he would do it. If they were playing up to 3/4 of their ability maybe they could get a 5th but it wont happen.

2 guys I can see having value are B. Schenn and Read. Read makes more sense as it would clear some cap.

Bottom line, a long season!!!!!

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berube is overwhelmed, he needs to go, shoulda never been the coach in the first place!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Grossmann is 1 guy worth keeping. I believe he is a solid 2nd pairing guy getting paid 2nd pairing money. I wanted to get rid of him earlier but I think he is solid for what he is.

I think Hexy would take a bag of pucks for the other 2. Problem is that no one will take those contracts. A Mac is the absolute worst because its 1st pairing money for 5 years for a 3rd pairing guy. Usually you could throw a 2nd or 3rd round pick to sweeten the deal but that wont work with these contracts. Hexy doesn't want to give up decent picks but to get free from 1 of these I think he would do it. If they were playing up to 3/4 of their ability maybe they could get a 5th but it wont happen.

2 guys I can see having value are B. Schenn and Read. Read makes more sense as it would clear some cap.

Bottom line, a long season!!!!!

It's funny you say that because I felt the same way earlier - I didn't really want him on this team but lately he's been the one guy that hasn't really been talked about and I guess that's a good thing because he's playing steadier than the rest of the guys - he scored a nice goal the other day too - maybe they do need to keep him around, as long as they have a guy paired with him who can skate very well and insulate him in that regard

I would really be aggressive towards trading Matt Read - they need help on the wing but if they can move him that would help a lot - maybe you can move a guy like A-Mac and give up a 2nd or a 3rd round pick as well to get the contract off the books and then trade Matt Read and get a 2nd or 3rd round pick back and then you end up clearing cap space in that regard - maybe it takes a higher pick to trade A-Mac but you guys get the premise of it

Brayden Schenn I will give lots of credit because he was hot garbage early on in the season and has really taken a huge step in the last 3-4 weeks - considering that Couts offensive ability doesn't look so good at this point and he might be what he is, a 40 point scorer who plays strong defense, they need Brayden Schenn's offense and if they're moving him they need to find a similar 2nd line-type center that can produce as good or better than him

I would not hesitate to waive Vinny and or RJ - I know it would be cold because they're veterans and you wonder what teammates and players around the league would think of that but Hexy wasn't responsible for signing Vinny so he doesn't have any ties to him