• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Brian Kelly

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He keeps trusting this D. I don't get it. He is a bad coach right now. I hope he steps down.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty pathetic to watch and they actually have talent on both sides of the ball or enough to win most of the games they've lost they just haven't done a good job coaching them. I understand they lost guys to the NFL, injury, and suspension but the D-Line has experience and the LB's at least the starters do so it shouldn't be this bad. The real issue is that Van Gorder wasn't fired last year and it set everything behind this year if these guys had a new scheme in the spring they would be so much further a long right now including the young guys that have been forced into action and then had the system changed after 4 or 5 games.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty pathetic to watch and they actually have talent on both sides of the ball or enough to win most of the games they've lost they just haven't done a good job coaching them. I understand they lost guys to the NFL, injury, and suspension but the D-Line has experience and the LB's at least the starters do so it shouldn't be this bad. The real issue is that Van Gorder wasn't fired last year and it set everything behind this year if these guys had a new scheme in the spring they would be so much further a long right now including the young guys that have been forced into action and then had the system changed after 4 or 5 games.
I dont see any talent on D besides jones who for some reason was in an out of the line up on sat.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok this is kelly last stupid comment. He was asked today why Jones(his best Defensive player) only played 2 series and both series ND stopped Navy. He response Navy would of ran outside and we wanted to contain the outside.

Hey Dope they ran it down our throats inside and outside. This game decision was one of the worst and just summed up why he has to go. I supported him for awhile now but now its getting bad.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see any talent on D besides jones who for some reason was in an out of the line up on sat.

I couldn't disagree more. There's talent on that side of the ball.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are being too critical given the circumstance. Many of the guys in the secondary have shown flashes as has Morgan, and the D-Lineman just not the consistency we would like. Also having one defensive scheme and switching mid season would be difficult even for pro's let a lone a Notre Dame kid with much more on his plate of the field than you average college football player. At the end of the day they do have talent the defense poor coaching and crappy scheme has put the players in a position to fail.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are being too critical given the circumstance. Many of the guys in the secondary have shown flashes as has Morgan, and the D-Lineman just not the consistency we would like. Also having one defensive scheme and switching mid season would be difficult even for pro's let a lone a Notre Dame kid with much more on his plate of the field than you average college football player. At the end of the day they do have talent the defense poor coaching and crappy scheme has put the players in a position to fail.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont have the D talent to compete for a playoff spot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't disagree more. There's talent on that side of the ball.
U have maybe 1-4 kids that are actually good. Jones, Rochell( I think he is actually over rated but he is ok), Morgan and Love. Studstill has been a no show. Tillery has been avg at best. I just dont see it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont have the D talent to compete for a playoff spot.

Playoff spot you want to talk about playoffs just stop. They obviously don't have that kind of talent but they have enough talent to have won more than 3 games to probably have one all but 2 of the games they've played so far, they haven't lost to very good teams this year Purguy.

aNDy Callahan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Playoffs? Don't talk about—playoffs?! You kidding me? Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game! Another game!"
-Jim Mora

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump forever.

His failure has been exposed for all to see.

"I don't care if we win these next two, as long as we keep it close."

That's loser talk. That's John L. Smith or Darell Hazell level bullshit. Just happy to be here!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4-8 season is really tough to swallow.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it possible he will really be kept until the '21 season? i have already gone thru this crap for 5 years with the white sox and THEIR idiot manager robin ventura. now i have to suffer another clown who does NOT learn from his mistakes?
i'm already only about 1/4 the nd fan i used to be. very soon i will not care at all. i know this because even in today's game i watched just into the 2nd quarter and nd leading 17-7 ..... and i left anyway to do something that could have waited but i didn't much care. got back about half hour ago to find they lost this one too. i don't even care how. i just assume it was somehow kelly's fault. why be loyal to a school that would keep this loser around? i don't owe nd anything. apparently they feel the same.

rambling over ......

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it possible he will really be kept until the '21 season? i have already gone thru this crap for 5 years with the white sox and THEIR idiot manager robin ventura. now i have to suffer another clown who does NOT learn from his mistakes?
i'm already only about 1/4 the nd fan i used to be. very soon i will not care at all. i know this because even in today's game i watched just into the 2nd quarter and nd leading 17-7 ..... and i left anyway to do something that could have waited but i didn't much care. got back about half hour ago to find they lost this one too. i don't even care how. i just assume it was somehow kelly's fault. why be loyal to a school that would keep this loser around? i don't owe nd anything. apparently they feel the same.

rambling over ......

I don't think he'll be at Notre Dame until '21 because I don't think he'll turn things around and he'll get fired after next season at best or after the 2018 season.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, after numerous losing coaches fire the coach that got them back to being relevant because of one bad year. then hire another loser. brilliant.

problem is the players at nd have to actually attend class.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, after numerous losing coaches fire the coach that got them back to being relevant because of one bad year. then hire another loser. brilliant.

problem is the players at nd have to actually attend class.

I would typically agree with you but too often over Kelly's time at Notre Dame they make similar errors as coaches and players, so at some point something has to change.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would typically agree with you but too often over Kelly's time at Notre Dame they make similar errors as coaches and players, so at some point something has to change.
criticizing is the easiest thing in the world.

they are losing a lot of close games. Kelly has more wins than any other active coach in NCAA Division I. he took him to the fiesta bowl last year. i doubt they want to go back to the charlie weiss years.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
criticizing is the easiest thing in the world.

they are losing a lot of close games. Kelly has more wins than any other active coach in NCAA Division I. he took him to the fiesta bowl last year. i doubt they want to go back to the charlie weiss years.
if you can't believe your eyes you are lost.