• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fins draft choices - OL

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will try to do this for every position, even though not all are positions of need for the Fins.

The top 3 OL that I think are best and would not mind them drafting are(In order): Cyril Richardson, G, Baylor - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan and Cyrus Kouandijo, OT, Alabama.

Jake Matthews from Texas A&M, I believe is the head of the class but will probably go before the Fins pick.

All this being said, I always prefer for them to go after weapons on offense as opposed to defense and OL, especially early in the draft. I think we can improve at the WR position.

More to come - Looking forward to your thoughts on these positions as well.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I greatly enjoy following the NFL draft but I've yet to start scouting (as an amatuer of course) the players. From watching this season, I think I see the greatest positions of need. I think that you are on the right track with a focus on the Oline first. The team could use a mauler type at guard that will open up running lanes. That would be my first pick. The Fins are not picking top 10 so they could probably get the best college guard in the country. If a versatile pass catching 3rd down back is avail (a Darren Sproles type) that could help Tannehill & the offense a lot. That's a potential early pick. I'd pick a big bruising RB in the middle rounds. The team will get the starting WR's back next year & TE Clay, they need to become more balanced on offense by being able to run the ball. I'd resign McKinnie (one year contract) & Clabo (two year contract). Brenner seems to be proving himself. At the very least, he is a quality depth guy. IMO he outplayed Incognito this year. Martin has been outplayed by McKinnie at LT & Clabo at RT. A LT will need to be groomed for the future. Who knows what the team has in TE Keller after the injury. Drafting another TE to develop could prove worthwhile also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guard position of the OL, specifically is what the Fins need to address - And, as you mentioned he needs to be a mauler but athletic-type as well. In order for the running game to work better in this scheme, the guard needs to be a little more mobile. I think Richardson, of the guys I listed is the guy that would fit best.

Let me know what you guys think is the next position of need for the Fins and I will do this again for that position and we go from there.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guard position of the OL, specifically is what the Fins need to address - And, as you mentioned he needs to be a mauler but athletic-type as well. In order for the running game to work better in this scheme, the guard needs to be a little more mobile. I think Richardson, of the guys I listed is the guy that would fit best.

Let me know what you guys think is the next position of need for the Fins and I will do this again for that position and we go from there.

Richardson from Baylor is an intriguing pick at 6'5 340lbs, he's a mountain of a man. It will be interesting to see if he moves well at the combine. He could be the dominant drive blocker that the team needs.