• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finding heir apparent to JSmith = hardest task

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
man.. that article just gives me more understanding behind him. I would love for him to be on our DL for the next ten years.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel like I need to blot out the UCLA uniform whenever I look at Datone Jones clips.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jones did surprisingly well at the combine. He should be a good starting DE IMO. I still don't think I'd take him at 31 though. It would be a safe pick if they wanted to go that route.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Datone Jones will be the guy we'll target. He sounds exactly like the kind of guy Harbaugh and Baalke want on the team.

Why Datone Jones is the Best NFL Draft Prospect Nobody is Talking About

Also the Seahawks are interested as well so it would be a great way to jam them by trading ahead of them to grab him if he's on the board still.

after reading an article like, i'll definitely draft the guy... sounds real good... i wasn't familiar with him during the school year/season though... good or bad? idk...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones did surprisingly well at the combine. He should be a good starting DE IMO. I still don't think I'd take him at 31 though. It would be a safe pick if they wanted to go that route.

he'd be a great pick at 31

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the article and seeing how he carries himself, he is exactly what we have been looking for:

"Maniacal effort"
"Violent hands"
"wants to be the best"
"always looking to talk football"
"always competing"

You put that on a dude that weighing in as a chiseled 283 while lighting up the Senior Bowl and Combine and it sounds as if he could learn from Justin Smith and be that heir apparent I have been begging us to draft for two years now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've decided that the heir apparent to Justin Smith should be Cornelius Carradine. He probably isn't strong enough to be the next JSmith yet, but he should get stronger after a couple of seasons in the NFL.

If Carradine is a 2nd round pick like most people think he'll be, that's a no-brainer IMO. I think he's every bit as good a prospect as Bjoern Werner, and he'll be taken like 30-40 picks later. He's gonna be one of those guys who will forever piss off NFL GMs because they passed on him.