• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finals Predictions for the upcoming season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, let's not act like PG is unguardable...

Let's also not act like PG wasn't a legit MVP candidate before his shoulder injury.

Danny Green and Avery Bradley aren't exactly the best of the best when it comes to defenders.

The Clippers perimeter defenders are way better than the Lakers

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's also not act like PG wasn't a legit MVP candidate before his shoulder injury.

Danny Green and Avery Bradley aren't exactly the best of the best when it comes to defenders.

The Clippers perimeter defenders are way better than the Lakers

STILL comes down to who's gonna press their advantage on who. Lakers have the size to pound it low, the Clippers have speed and perimeter defense. I think it'll be Interesting to see who imposes their will on whom...

can't wait...

also. like Shaqdaddy said, FUCK the Clippers... :heh:

#getouttatown

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#getouttatown

giphy.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STILL comes down to who's gonna press their advantage on who. Lakers have the size to pound it low, the Clippers have speed and perimeter defense. I think it'll be Interesting to see who imposes their will on whom...

can't wait...

#getouttatown

I agree but Clippers have room to improve on their roster because it is all about adding a player. Good perimeter defenders don't grow on trees.

Imagine being a perimeter oriented team and you have to find ways to score on Bev, PG-13, and Leonard?

This may be a bit homer of me but even their bench guys are tough. As a Heat fan, McGruder is a dog out there. He frequently guarded the best perimeter player along with Richardson while in Miami. I know Harkless was solid in Portland on defense as well. To have 5 good to great perimeter defenders on one team is ridiculous.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord the East is a joke. I was going to tell you guys to chill with the Sixers but then I thought about the other eastern teams and they all suck except Milwaukee. Even then, they aren’t winning 60 games again.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord the East is a joke. I was going to tell you guys to chill with the Sixers but then I thought about the other eastern teams and they all suck except Milwaukee. Even then, they aren’t winning 60 games again.

pretty much comes down to Philly or Milwaukee, though maybe the Celtics have a puncher's chance imo...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All suck? Just because there are currently only 2 finals contenders doesn't mean the rest of the conference suck. Boston, Brooklyn, and Indy (depending on when Oladipo) is back can all finish close or above 50 wins

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much comes down to Philly or Milwaukee, though maybe the Celtics have a puncher's chance imo...

Also there is something called trades. The East isn't bad. Just lack title contenders.....and let's be honest if KD returned to the Warriors (healthy of course), it would be the same story as well. There would have literally been 5 contenders in the league. 3 in the West and 2 in the East.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All suck? Just because there are currently only 2 finals contenders doesn't mean the rest of the conference suck. Boston, Brooklyn, and Indy (depending on when Oladipo) is back can all finish close or above 50 wins
In comparison to the west I mean. If you took the top 8 seeds from each conference at the end of the year and had them play each other in a 7 game series I bet the west would win at least 6 of those series.

1vs1
2v2

Etc.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree to a point. But part of that is because they play in the east. I think there will be at least a couple of Eastern Conference teams that will finish in the neighborhood of 50 wins that won't be as good as some Western Conference teams that have fewer wins.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEST:

1. Nuggets
2. Clippers
3. Jazz
4. Rockets
5. Trailblazers
6. Lakers
7. Warriors
8. Spurs

EAST

1. Bucks
2. Sixers
3. Celtics
4. Pacers
5. Raptors
6. Nets
7. Pistons
8. Heat

1st Round:

W: Nuggets over Spurs, Clippers over Warriors, Jazz over Lakers, Rockets over Trailblazers
E: Bucks over Heat, Sixers over Pistons, Celtics over Nets, Pacers over Raptors

2nd Round:

Rockets over Nuggets, Jazz over Clippers
Bucks over pacers, Sixers over Celtics

Conf. Title Round:

Jazz over Rockets
Sixers over Bucks

FINALS: Sixers over Jazz

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the Raptors losing Kawhi, and Durant being injured, the East is really wide open for the most part.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs vs who in the finals

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West is pretty crazy.

Some really good teams are going to lose in the first round of the playoffs - that is for sure.

I think the Nuggets, with their depth, youth, and coaching, will likely win a ton of regular season games again and get a high seed.

The Clippers are extremely talented and are crazy good defensively so - even though Leonard and George will get rest, I can see them having a really good record.....shit- they basically switch out Gallo and the rookie PG for Kawhi and George.....

Jazz are a very talented team, they have good coaching, discipline and are eyoung. Mitchell is gonna take that next step to superstardom if you ask me.

The Rockets have a ton to prove and a core of RW, Harden, Capela, Gordon and Tucker is pretty damn nice

The Lakers of course have Bron and Davis- but i really think the rest of the roster is kinda weak in comparison to many of the other western contenders after their top 2

The Blazers have found a way to be very succesful the past couple of years in the standings. I dont see why that would change.

The Warriors could be better than i expect, but we s hall see.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell?

WEST:
1. Clippers
2. Houston
3. Denver
4. Lakers