• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: FINAL FOUR

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating was poor and it went both ways, no team benefited more than the other. If you think otherwise you are just a hater of one of the teams.

1 team had 2x the free throws and 3x the 3 pt ers. Odd mixture. Biggest issue is they were noticeable. In games of this magnitude refs need to let them play and be part of the background.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 team had 2x the free throws and 3x the 3 pt ers. Odd mixture. Biggest issue is they were noticeable. In games of this magnitude refs need to let them play and be part of the background.

It's not odd at all. Again, we have the fewest fouls in America for a reason. Our players are tought to avoid fouls at all costs. We practice with tennis balls so that we don't have reach in with open palms. Our guys hold their ground when teams attack. Sometimes it means they go around us for an easy two, but it means we don't get many blocking fouls. Purposely avoiding fouls is one of the hallmarks of Bo's system, for better or worse.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KY fouled Badgers 4 times in last 25 seconds and Badgers went 7 of 8 from the line.

I hope you are smart enough to understand basketball basics that Kentucky was trying to prolong the game and hoping Badgers would miss more than they did from the free throw line.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason 1m1 minute ago

Andrew Harrison selfishly and immaturely took a dump on the accomplishments of his teammates. Kentucky kids had a great rep.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its ok ND should of won last week but Refs helped Kentucky. It happens. Whisky was the better team yesterday.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wisconsin wins the title they will have beaten 3 of the top 4 teams in basketball (the other being themselves) in a row.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trey Lyles slapped a guy in the face and the refs let it go, and you think they were whistle happy? :dhd:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lyles slapped a guy in the face and the refs let it go, and you think they were whistle happy? :dhd:
I merely pted out the stats, you are talking one play. Not a very logical rebuttal. It appears people are very defensive about the actual stats. Wisconsin got a basket that was a clear shot clock violation and you are quibbling over an elbow hitting a player? Koenig basket before half was almost as bad. Again my biggest issue is how involved the refs were in the game. I said prior to the game the refs and rebounds had me worried. I thought Wisky could exploit Kentucky's lack of defensive rebounding, they did. Refs called a tight game

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I merely pted out the stats, you are talking one play. Not a very logical rebuttal. It appears people are very defensive about the actual stats. Wisconsin got a basket that was a clear shot clock violation and you are quibbling over an elbow hitting a player? Koenig basket before half was almost as bad. Again my biggest issue is how involved the refs were in the game. I said prior to the game the refs and rebounds had me worried. I thought Wisky could exploit Kentucky's lack of defensive rebounding, they did. Refs called a tight game

I don't remember this one, at least anything about it being controversial. What happened? I know he got the shot off in time so are you talking about something else?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember this one, at least anything about it being controversial. What happened? I know he got the shot off in time so are you talking about something else?
That was when UK player lost the rebound. I think it was Keonig, jumped in from out of bounds and scored on a lay-up. Problem being he never established himself back on the court prior to grabbing the ball. Announcers pted it out on the replay, but nobody cares about 1st half calls.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was when UK player lost the rebound. I think it was Keonig, jumped in from out of bounds and scored on a lay-up. Problem being he never established himself back on the court prior to grabbing the ball. Announcers pted it out on the replay, but nobody cares about 1st half calls.
Agreed. I yelled about that one when it happened live, took the announcers a minute to realize the refs mistake on that one. I thought you were talking about his shot right at the buzzer at halftime.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I got my tickets for tomorrow. I was there the last time we beat Duke, so hopefully I'm some good luck.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I got my tickets for tomorrow. I was there the last time we beat Duke, so hopefully I'm some good luck.
Awesome, enjoy man, and good luck!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wisconsin gave up many dunks that they could have contested because they didn't want to foul. Kentucky tries to challenge everything. Out of bounds/obvious shot clock violation vs. no flagrant foul on an obvious slap to the face. It evened out.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin gave up many dunks that they could have contested because they didn't want to foul. Kentucky tries to challenge everything. Out of bounds/obvious shot clock violation vs. no flagrant foul on an obvious slap to the face. It evened out.

He is trying to swim over him. It's a basketball move. They wouldn't have been a foul for 50 years of hoops. The rule change was meant to stop people from swinging elbows on rebounds and vs defensive pressure. People are trying to apply that to every time a player gets hit in the face/head. Clearly the officials took it as accidental contact during a basketball move, the last part being the most important. Wisky won congrats, but citing this as a call in the league of the non-shot clock violation is silly. It would be like me citing the Wisky flops. annoying calls based on your perspective, but they are judgement calls.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when you start believing your own hype. These guys heard so much about 40-0 that they decided they were entitled to it, rather than having to earn it. And when they were beaten, they acted like entitled little brats... no class, no sportsmanship whatsoever. History has no right to be kind to this team when its final moments on the floor were an embarrassment to the school and the sport.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is trying to swim over him. It's a basketball move. They wouldn't have been a foul for 50 years of hoops. The rule change was meant to stop people from swinging elbows on rebounds and vs defensive pressure. People are trying to apply that to every time a player gets hit in the face/head. Clearly the officials took it as accidental contact during a basketball move, the last part being the most important. Wisky won congrats, but citing this as a call in the league of the non-shot clock violation is silly. It would be like me citing the Wisky flops. annoying calls based on your perspective, but they are judgement calls.

The shotclock had already expired and the horn was going off. If slapping somebody there is a "basketball move," what is to stop players from slapping somebody whenever. The ball wasn't in play. Even if it was accidental, and even if Lyles was trying to perform a "basketball move," it can't be considered a "basketball move" when the basketball wasn't in play. It's as simple as that.