• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fenway Park: Best Ballpark

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they actually renovated Wrigley. Looks nice now.

Was at Wrigley in 2002. Hottest day in 10 years. Train shut down. Fucking walk back to hotel was brutal. Had to stop in Grocery to COOL off. Loved the experience. Walking around stadium as a tall guy (6'2") had to duck under a few structures. But well worth the day. Saw Piazza and Sosa both crush homers, and sat on first base line, day game, just a big party out there. Lots of fun. Stayed at the Drake. Both the Mets and the Yankees stayed there. Meet Piazza in the lobby. Overall rank. Pretty damn good,

Best park I've personally been to is PNC Park in Pittsburgh
I want to visit this park. Looks like a great setting. Someday.

rightstuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fenway. Of course I want to see this. Bucket list for sure.
I don't care if anyone gives it a bad review, it is a must see for me.
I'm 57.
I got time. Yes??????

rightstuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew they would tear down, remodel some parks,
But I couldn't afford to just take off to the East Coast to watch BB.

Now I'm older.

Would loved to have seen...…
1) Yankee Stadium. But it is still basically the same???? Yes or No?
2) Tiger Stadium, the overhang in RF.
3) Cleveland Stadium. Not really. Jacobs Field (Or whatever today)

Have Seen
4) Rockies Stadium was one of the first and one of the nicest. Loved it. Probably outdated now.
5) The Kingdome. Local Love. Hitters Park. Ask McGwire about Johnson HR. I was there. WOW.
6) Safeco, now T-Mobile. Beautiful Park. I recommend.
7) Atlanta's Stadium. Saw in 2015. Nice, but now there is a New Stadium.
8) Houston. Nice Park, very nice.
9) Dodger Stadium, just another old stadium, but a must see.
10) A's, blah...…..walk back to hotel was scary, night game. Never again.
11) Candlestick, Fucking Cold in July, rain, shitty game. Thankfully, never again.
12) New SF Park, AT&T, yes? Beautiful. Had a tour on non game day too. Wonderful. 3X
13) AZ, Ok.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at Wrigley in 2002. Hottest day in 10 years. Train shut down. Fucking walk back to hotel was brutal. Had to stop in Grocery to COOL off. Loved the experience. Walking around stadium as a tall guy (6'2") had to duck under a few structures. But well worth the day. Saw Piazza and Sosa both crush homers, and sat on first base line, day game, just a big party out there. Lots of fun. Stayed at the Drake. Both the Mets and the Yankees stayed there. Meet Piazza in the lobby. Overall rank. Pretty damn good,

I want to visit this park. Looks like a great setting. Someday.
I would add Camden Yards. Also add anither vote for petco. A couple of friend went and had nothing but good things to say.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kauffman > Fenway

Haven't been there yet, but I'd agree. It's a much nicer looking ballpark. Fenway's more of a great experience than a great ballpark.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBP and Citi Field are awesome. CBP is pretty affordable. I'm going on Opening Day.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fenway Park is the most Iconic park in MLB (maybe in all sports), and I would love to see a game there. In my humble opinion it does not compare to the new generation ballparks popping around the Major Leagues. I think that Comerica Park is much nicer.

Comerica%20Park%20opening%20day_i.jpg

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to a few around the country My hometown team Phillies have a nice park, but my favorite is Coors Field. The food is good, the park is beautiful, the surrounding area is great for hanging out before or after the game.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fenway Park is the most Iconic park in MLB (maybe in all sports), and I would love to see a game there. In my humble opinion it does not compare to the new generation ballparks popping around the Major Leagues. I think that Comerica Park is much nicer.

I've caught games at Comerica, Busch and Miller (within the last few years) with Miller obviously being my home park. All three are very nice stadiums, but the thing that disappoints me about Comerica, Busch and many other stadiums is that there is no party outside the stadium like Miller.

Almost everyone who attends the game parks in the large conjoined parking lots around the stadium. The party at Miller starts 2-3 hours before the game and the whole parking lot is an end-to-end tailgating party. The whole parking lot is a delicious aroma of grilled meats. There's kids playing catch, cornhole boards galore, tents, live music and lots of beer. It's a very fun and friendly environment. Even Cubs fans love coming to Miller Park; many I've spoken to prefer it to Wrigley.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would gladly take part in the demolition of Fenway Park and no one would have to pay me to do it.

Sure, the field itself is meticulously maintained and is quite a sight to see, but the seating is freaking atrocious. If you are anywhere near 6' or taller you are not going to enjoy sitting in one of those wooden folding chairs :nono:

Someone mentioned the right field roof seats earlier and boy did they fuck that up. I went to a game not long after that new construction was complete and was pretty stoked that we had tickets in the new section only to get there and find that the seats were small and they still faced the left field corner just like the originals down below us. :gaah:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've caught games at Comerica, Busch and Miller (within the last few years) with Miller obviously being my home park. All three are very nice stadiums, but the thing that disappoints me about Comerica, Busch and many other stadiums is that there is no party outside the stadium like Miller.

Almost everyone who attends the game parks in the large conjoined parking lots around the stadium. The party at Miller starts 2-3 hours before the game and the whole parking lot is an end-to-end tailgating party. The whole parking lot is a delicious aroma of grilled meats. There's kids playing catch, cornhole boards galore, tents, live music and lots of beer. It's a very fun and friendly environment. Even Cubs fans love coming to Miller Park; many I've spoken to prefer it to Wrigley.

You musta went on the wrong day!!! Across the street the parking lot is rented out and on sold out games someone brings a portable big screen TV!!!

635639967087005067-Opener65.jpg

636414344476159687-Joe-Tuccini-Facebook.jpg

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would gladly take part in the demolition of Fenway Park and no one would have to pay me to do it.

Sure, the field itself is meticulously maintained and is quite a sight to see, but the seating is freaking atrocious. If you are anywhere near 6' or taller you are not going to enjoy sitting in one of those wooden folding chairs :nono:

Someone mentioned the right field roof seats earlier and boy did they fuck that up. I went to a game not long after that new construction was complete and was pretty stoked that we had tickets in the new section only to get there and find that the seats were small and they still faced the left field corner just like the originals down below us. :gaah:

It would be cool if they could replicate the stadium with modern amenities. Not like the New Yankee Stadium, which I here is a shameless billboard.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You musta went on the wrong day!!! Across the street the parking lot is rented out and on sold out games someone brings a portable big screen TV!!!

635639967087005067-Opener65.jpg

636414344476159687-Joe-Tuccini-Facebook.jpg

It's cool some Tigers fans snagged a spot to party.

If you ever make it over to this side of the lake be sure to reserve a few hours to experience how we do things over here. I think you'll enjoy it.

:suds:

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also liked GABP a lot

Going to Wrigley again and The Cell (vs the Royals) in April

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Fenway for an interleague game vs the Mets a couple years back. Of course tickets were expensive and just got standing room only, then just went down to get a seat about 6th or 7th. Great atmosphere and history for sure. As far as the greatest ballpark I couldn't say bc I have only been to a couple, mainly Indians games.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you replicate ballparks you can't replicate the atmosphere. Of course, some of that shouldn't be -- the smell of diesel and cigars -- if the smell was all it was, great.

I remember old Crosley Field and the area around it. Fun memories, but not so much at the time. If you had to park your car on the street, some kid would hustle a buck or two from you to 'watch it.' The ballpark was worn out even when I was a kid and it was a hell-zone by the time it closed. Still, some amazing times.

Trolley-car era ballparks must have been glorious, but it was a really different world in those days. Time travel, why can't we have it?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be cool if they could replicate the stadium with modern amenities. Not like the New Yankee Stadium, which I here is a shameless billboard.

Getting a new baseball stadium built in the city of Boston is never going to happen............................. ever. The cost of a parcel of land big enough for a ballpark and parking combined with the cost of payoffs to various historical commissions, neighborhood politicians, union heads etc would be prohibitive.

I agree that a new Fenway Park would be great if the existing field dimensions were copied, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm stuck with the current, shitty WWI era dump.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a new baseball stadium built in the city of Boston is never going to happen............................. ever. The cost of a parcel of land big enough for a ballpark and parking combined with the cost of payoffs to various historical commissions, neighborhood politicians, union heads etc would be prohibitive.

I agree that a new Fenway Park would be great if the existing field dimensions were copied, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm stuck with the current, shitty WWI era dump.

Love it for what it is ... it's still on my bucket list!!!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I honestly don't know how they still fucked that one up! Pathetic! I'm 6'5" so basically the only good seats for me are the Monster and Standing Room... Or right behind home plate... now that was an experience!!!! Went with 4 Royals fans.... My buddy was a manager of a hotel, made friends with them while they were in town... Offered him a ticket right behind home plate but he couldn't go so I went... Guys were hilarious and very accommodating when it came to buying rounds.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been to many of the parks. ..... going to Fenway for a game is something visiting baseball fans should do one time.