• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Felix is the Unluckiest Pitcher of All Time (stats don't lie)

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers don't lie: Felix Hernandez is unluckiest pitcher of all time
It was the 45th start in which Hernandez allowed zero runs or one run and didn't get credit for a win. That ties him with Zack Greinke for the most such starts among active pitchers. With years of inept offenses -- the Mariners have finished better than 11th in runs scored just once in his tenure, back in 2007, when they ranked seventh -- you wonder: Is Hernandez the unluckiest pitcher of all time? Those 45 winless games account for 13.4 percent of his career starts.

Greinke's 45 games account for a slightly higher percentage of his career starts, at 13.8 percent. King Felix, however, has pitched a little better in his games. He has thrown 317 innings with a 0.88 ERA, compared to Greinke's 288.2 innings and 0.90 ERA. Hernandez's average Game Score is 72.5 versus Greinke's 67.0.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this article. It's absolutely insane how badly he has been fucked over by the Mariners run support.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's pitching supposed to win games if the bats don't even TRY?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pathetic.... At some point he's gotta get away from this Mariners team so he can experience the playoffs...

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pathetic.... At some point he's gotta get away from this Mariners team so he can experience the playoffs...

If the M's are completely out of it by all star break, and I expect they will be, they need to trade Felix and Cruz... if possible. Those two guys should bring back young and ready to play in the majors talent which this team is sorely lacking.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the M's are completely out of it by all star break, and I expect they will be, they need to trade Felix and Cruz... if possible. Those two guys should bring back young and ready to play in the majors talent which this team is sorely lacking.

But if Felix wants to stay, then we are stuck.

On one hand I appreciate players who are loyal to their original team (Edgar), but on the other hand I am also questioning players who want to stay with a team that has never shown the willingness to succeed. I would actually respect them more if they wanted to leave if their team is as inept as the Mariners.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if Felix wants to stay, then we are stuck.

On one hand I appreciate players who are loyal to their original team (Edgar), but on the other hand I am also questioning players who want to stay with a team that has never shown the willingness to succeed. I would actually respect them more if they wanted to leave if their team is as inept as the Mariners.

I think the only reason to question that is if it's a player like Hanley Ramirez who has shown a history of work ethic and drive problems. I don't think you can question Felix's competitiveness or desire to win, the dude is one of the most passionate pitchers in the game right now.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason to question that is if it's a player like Hanley Ramirez who has shown a history of work ethic and drive problems. I don't think you can question Felix's competitiveness or desire to win, the dude is one of the most passionate pitchers in the game right now.

Passionate on a team with little pressure. Some players don't like the pressure and trade that for winning. I have a hard time giving credit for 'desire to win' to a player who continues to willingly play for a losing team. Love Felix, but I don't see him as a guy that goes all Bobby Knight after a loss. Just not his style. Haven't you ever wondered why he turned down more money from the Yanks to go to the lousy M's? I am sure it wasn't for the extra 3800 miles to his homeland.