• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feels good to be 2-0

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hearing all off-season from the "experts" that the 49ers would be 0-2, because even their their defense was good it was just no match for the offenses of the Packers and Lions.

On another note, since so far this year the 49ers have never trailed, I was curious if that happened before. So I looked back and found that the 49ers have started off this hot a few times.

Twice under Steve Young, 1995 and 1996.

In 1967 too, with Brodie as QB, lost the 3rd game.

In 1959 too, with Y.A. Tittle, lost the 3rd game

The 1952 49ers are the mark, they went 5-0 while never falling behind until they lost in week 6. And they didn't fall behind until the 4th qtr when Blanda hit a FG for the Bears to put them up 20-17.

They did it a few times in the AAFC, but... blah to that.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the schedule came out I would have been happy with a split to start the season. These are two playoff caliber teams (although I don't think the Lions will make it this year) that the Niners dominated. You take away 2 bad no calls (punt return TD, and the pick play last night on 4th down) and those games aren't even as close as they would appear. They truly look like the most complete team right now. Be interesting to see what Atlanta does tonight.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Harbs & Co. will allow the team to lose focus for any single game this season. I'm curious to see if they will set up shop somewhere on the East coast between the Vikings and Jets games (like they did last year when they posted up in Youngstown).

Feels damn good to be 2-0!!

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Harbs & Co. will allow the team to lose focus for any single game this season. I'm curious to see if they will set up shop somewhere on the East coast between the Vikings and Jets games (like they did last year when they posted up in Youngstown).

Feels damn good to be 2-0!!

I believe Harbaugh said that he was going to stay in Youngstown during OTAs for the Vikings and the Jets

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw us as 12-4 for the season, assuming we'd lose some games that we could win and that we'd split the GB/DET games (not 0-2), but now that we've won both games, I can safely expect, barring injury, another 13-3 year - again, assuming we lose and win games that could/should go either way. If we are undefeated at the bye, that changes to 14-2, for me.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the schedule came out I would have been happy with a split to start the season. These are two playoff caliber teams (although I don't think the Lions will make it this year) that the Niners dominated. You take away 2 bad no calls (punt return TD, and the pick play last night on 4th down) and those games aren't even as close as they would appear. They truly look like the most complete team right now. Be interesting to see what Atlanta does tonight.

Yeah, I would have been happy with a split too. I still can't believe the 49ers have contained Megatron all three games they've played him. I feel like they are pushing their luck with him, he has to blow up one of these days. He's always gotten close to 100 yards, but they've kept him out of the endzone and that is what I mean by contain him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this last night. We haven't trailed a single time yet.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would have been happy with a split too. I still can't believe the 49ers have contained Megatron all three games they've played him. I feel like they are pushing their luck with him, he has to blow up one of these days. He's always gotten close to 100 yards, but they've kept him out of the endzone and that is what I mean by contain him.

I expected a split, but depending on how it happened, I would have been happy or uspet with it. But as long as we beat Minnesota, we're beyond a loss making up for a win. The feeling that one bad game can neutralize another good game resets against the Jets, so if we lose to the Jets, we can make up for it with a victory against the Giants. But there's no making up for a Vikings loss, IMO. So on and so forth. Of course, this all depends on how we win or lose, if we do so in our style and relatively good execution, it's all good, even if we lose one of them.