• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fedex cup. Are you following it? What changes would you make.?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of you probably know they are going w/ a different system next year where the FedEx leaders at start of tourney begin w/ a subpar score (-10 for #1, -8 for -2, etc). What is funny is that if they used that system this year the results at the top would basically be the same & Rose would have finished #1 & Tiger #2. What would have sucked would have been that it would show Rose as winning this tourney which seems bogus.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of you probably know they are going w/ a different system next year where the FedEx leaders at start of tourney begin w/ a subpar score (-10 for #1, -8 for -2, etc). What is funny is that if they used that system this year the results at the top would basically be the same & Rose would have finished #1 & Tiger #2. What would have sucked would have been that it would show Rose as winning this tourney which seems bogus.

If what you're saying is correct, that would really suck.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy tiger didn’t win the cup. All my friends are suddenly tiger nuthuggers. None us played or followed golf during tigers prime years and now everybody is on the dbags bandwagon

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy tiger didn’t win the cup. All my friends are suddenly tiger nuthuggers. None us played or followed golf during tigers prime years and now everybody is on the dbags bandwagon

Get over it already. If your friends like him - big deal - just like it is fine for you & others to not like him. I think that Tiger has conducted himself very well during the last year or so. He has been very polite & we have rarely seen emotional outbursts & no signs of him quitting during the few times things went bad (as several here predicted).

Sure he did some very bad things in the past but so do a lot of people (I don't see folks getting all worked up over Dustin Johnson who had similar issues). I don't root for athletes based on their off field behavior. There are tons of athletes with shady personal lives - so what. Beyond that Tiger does a ton of things for charity, vets, kids, etc that do help make this world a better place.

So - yes - keep hating while a lot of the rest of us will enjoy this. BTW - I don't think that Tiger gave a shit that he didn't win the FedEx cup - he was probably as happy as possible last night.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely know that they are using the format where the leaders will start the tourney w/ subpar scores. I cannot totally guarantee that the winner w/ the weighted score will show as official winner of the tourney, but I have heard some folks in the media state that. It certainly would be a shame if someone say squeaks out a win while they were spotted 10 strokes at the beginning of the tourney.

Perhaps someone here can clarify this.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love it.

Since when are clowns like Jamelle Hill, Stephen A Smith, Woody Paige & Colin Cowherd experts on golf? Laughable.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard about this. Looks to me that they will continue to make changes.
I would do it a little different.

I would start the playoffs with this method.
So essentially, Brooks Koepka would have a lead.
Each playoff would still have a winner, like they do now, but there would be a separate scoreboard for the overall playoffs.
The overall playoff scoreboard is the one they would still use to cut the field down after each playoff event.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is correct and it's totally going off the rails imo...I get that you need a running tally of sorts to keep track of the performances from one playoff event to the next, but each playoff event is still a PGAT event. The winner gets exempt status, etc....it seems like the FED EX Cup leader going into the Tour Champ gets a head start in the final event.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is correct and it's totally going off the rails imo...I get that you need a running tally of sorts to keep track of the performances from one playoff event to the next, but each playoff event is still a PGAT event. The winner gets exempt status, etc....it seems like the FED EX Cup leader going into the Tour Champ gets a head start in the final event.

Yeah - if this were 2019, and Tiger (or any other golfer, for that matter) hadn't won the "tournament" as a result of finishing 2nd in the season standings, that's messed up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - if this were 2019, and Tiger (or any other golfer, for that matter) hadn't won the "tournament" as a result of finishing 2nd in the season standings, that's messed up.

Yep...every tourney should start with every player at even par.

Giving the players that have earned the year long points their due is understandable, but that shouldn't overlay any tournament.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the article I posted in the other thread:

So how would those changes have affected this year’s tournament? Well, Justin Rose, who won the FedEx Cup and its $10 million bonus on Sunday night, still would have won, but he would have taken the Tour Championship title from Woods. Rose was 2nd in the standings entering the event, meaning he would have started the Tour Championship at eight under. That boost would have been enough for him to finish at 14 under. Woods would have finished at 13 under with Dustin Johnson and Billy Horschel. And, remember, if you win the Tour Championship next year you also win the FedEx Cup.

So win No. 80 for Woods? It wouldn’t have happened next year.

Pretty bogus IMO. Again - I like the idea that it helps clarify the situation & values the entire season - no issue with that. However giving the guy a tourney win when say he finishes 7or 8 off the lead doesn't sound rt. In this situation it would mean that Tiger would not get his 80th win which sounds not only unfair but also absurd.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article I posted in the other thread:

So how would those changes have affected this year’s tournament? Well, Justin Rose, who won the FedEx Cup and its $10 million bonus on Sunday night, still would have won, but he would have taken the Tour Championship title from Woods. Rose was 2nd in the standings entering the event, meaning he would have started the Tour Championship at eight under. That boost would have been enough for him to finish at 14 under. Woods would have finished at 13 under with Dustin Johnson and Billy Horschel. And, remember, if you win the Tour Championship next year you also win the FedEx Cup.

So win No. 80 for Woods? It wouldn’t have happened next year.

Pretty bogus IMO. Again - I like the idea that it helps clarify the situation & values the entire season - no issue with that. However giving the guy a tourney win when say he finishes 7or 8 off the lead doesn't sound rt. In this situation it would mean that Tiger would not get his 80th win which sounds not only unfair but also absurd.

Thanks.

The PGAT is trying to accomplish too many things at once imo.

New rules kick in next year I think...they're changing the scheduling around moving the Players and PGA among other events to complete the end of the season as NFL & CFB is kicking off.

On the playoffs...the golf season is so long that it's difficult to sustain great performances all season. I have no problem giving the top 5 on the Fedex Cup pts list an automatic pass to the Tour Champ... you can reward a guy playing well in the playoffs like DeChambeau this yr...but every tournament should start with all players at par.

Showing up at an event being low medal and somehow not raising the trophy is beyond stupid.