• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was easily the best episode of the season so far in my opinion.

At this point I think it would be more interesting to learn that Strand is not gay, and was just manipulating Abigail. That seems really unlikely but I think it would be interesting.

If Alicia didn't tell them all of the names then who did? Did the other survivors they met the last couple of weeks learn all of their names. Those crazies on that island would have gotten to know everyone that went to shore but not everybody did. They knew Daniel's name and he never went to shore. The two sons only encountered him briefly when they were trying to take the younger of the on board. The ones on the raft would have had very little time to get to know any of them and remembering names probably wasn't a priority.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are numerous flaws in the logic of that story. It's mostly a spin that the media puts on it. I won't go off on a tangent about it but I'll just point out the most obvious flaw in that logic. That is the fact that drug company executives and their families are not immune to cancer. Also it's a potential cure, not a fact at this point. Anyone is free to fund the research to see if it is an actual cure. Or perhaps scientists could offer their services for free for the greater good. No reason why it all needs to fall on the drug companies.

Actually there are no flaws in that story itself that I could see as it only appears to deal with the facts. The flaws in logic I was referring to are from many people's interpretations of those facts, and a news story that was going around about 5 years ago where they were villainizing the drug companies.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point I think it would be more interesting to learn that Strand is not gay, and was just manipulating Abigail. That seems really unlikely but I think it would be interesting.

If Alicia didn't tell them all of the names then who did? Did the other survivors they met the last couple of weeks learn all of their names. Those crazies on that island would have gotten to know everyone that went to shore but not everybody did. They knew Daniel's name and he never went to shore. The two sons only encountered him briefly when they were trying to take the younger of the on board. The ones on the raft would have had very little time to get to know any of them and remembering names probably wasn't a priority.
After watching TTD and thinking about it, this is exactly what I think is happening. Coleman (the actor who plays Strand) pointed out an exchange between Abigail and Strand where Abigail said "I love you" to Strand, but Strand just said something to the effect of "I'll be back". Strand is a cool cat grifter. Nothing more.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching TTD and thinking about it, this is exactly what I think is happening. Coleman (the actor who plays Strand) pointed out an exchange between Abigail and Strand where Abigail said "I love you" to Strand, but Strand just said something to the effect of "I'll be back". Strand is a cool cat grifter. Nothing more.

He even stated he is an opportunist.

Maybe he's not even really gay, just capitalizing on a rich, gay guy.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was the best of the series. I thoroughly enjoyed it, silliness and all.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Strand some type of real estate or what?

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so invested in this show, I didn't even realize the new season started yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, is there any question that Eugene is just pulling an Alicia right now? Seriously, dude, what are you doing? Telling some unknown chick over the radio your military secrets?

:L

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess now the Asian girl is going to be the bad guy now?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jack, Alex and the preggers chic are the only pirates we KNOW are still alive. Alex is listed as a series regular, so I expect her to eventually join up with the group.

Why did they have to use the zombie-grenade? That is one of the strategies that added to Negan's bad-assedness, and now they can't use that in the main show.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping this show would focus more on the outbreak and setting...a widely known urban setting.

It has really done neither so far. The likable character is the old Mexican guy. The rest, annoy the fuck out of me!?