• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite time of the tennis season for you?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it is the period of time after the French Open all the way through the US Open.

My least favorite time of the season is upon us. Not a big fan of clay tennis but I'll watch

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me:

1) clay season. all of it.

2) aussie open through miami

3) us open series

4) grass

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the AO the most of any major.

But, I like how compressed the Monte Carlo; Madrid; Rome; and FO are, within about 6-7 weeks. Something big almost every week.

Grass matches can be my least favorite, when points last 6-8 seconds or less.

I think I don't have a favorite time. I just have favorite matches, regardless of the calendar year (outside of the AO). Wherever the match is, if it's a great match, I don't care what week of the year it is.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it is the period of time after the French Open all the way through the US Open.

My least favorite time of the season is upon us. Not a big fan of clay tennis but I'll watch

I'm about the same! Nole makes it palatable by winning an event or 2; esp. in 2011 beating Nole in conseq. events in straights! Borg was my favorite player as a kid, but if he got into a 5 set marathon in Paris final against Orantes or Vilas, I'm going out to play instead! We had a glut of tennis on TV back in the mid 70's with the ascension of Connors and Evert anyway! I swear this happened; Billy Jean King was playing on all 3 networks one sat. back then; 1 live with the other 2 taped events! I'm sorry people of this era missed that particular golden age with Borg, Connors, Evert, King, Goolagong, Navratilova, Wade, Laver, Nastase, and Court! You guys missed out on some great exhibition events pitting men and women on equal footing called WITC (World Inv'l Tennis Classic) inviting the 4 top players from both tours, trying to acquire points by winning in singles, doubles, and Mx'd D! :clap:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From just before Wimby through the US open. I wish they would stretch it out more. Play Wimby in June. I would move the FO back into Mid May.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about the same! Nole makes it palatable by winning an event or 2; esp. in 2011 beating Nole in conseq. events in straights! Borg was my favorite player as a kid, but if he got into a 5 set marathon in Paris final against Orantes or Vilas, I'm going out to play instead! We had a glut of tennis on TV back in the mid 70's with the ascension of Connors and Evert anyway! I swear this happened; Billy Jean King was playing on all 3 networks one sat. back then; 1 live with the other 2 taped events! I'm sorry people of this era missed that particular golden age with Borg, Connors, Evert, King, Goolagong, Navratilova, Wade, Laver, Nastase, and Court! You guys missed out on some great exhibition events pitting men and women on equal footing called WITC (World Inv'l Tennis Classic) inviting the 4 top players from both tours, trying to acquire points by winning in singles, doubles, and Mx'd D! :clap:

Wow, thanks.