• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Golfers

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couples is the man... Or John Daly because he chain smokes on the course lolz

johndaly2-thumb-343x500-3272.jpg

Man - that is an old picture. Look how skinny he is & he is wearing normal looking clothes! I have even heard some folks who have dealt with Daly say that he is d-bag. I think it is pretty safe to say that almost every golfer (and person) has their good and bad days & if any of us encounter them one or two times we may be catching them on a bad day. Truth is just about all of these guys have good and bad points. Point in case - I know that many of you hate Tiger yet you just ignore the millions of dollars that he is responsible in giving to kids, vets and to other charities. Perhaps he is not the devil on earth as some of you like to think.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Furyk
Rickie Fowler
Matt Kuchar
Freddie Couples
Keegan Bradley
Boo Weekley
Phil Mickelson (mostly for his short game)

Bradley really came across well during that recent interview on the Feherty show. I would also add Duffner to that list - he was also killer on a recent Howard Stern interview.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people like personalities...in that regard Couples is the only player I've have any interaction with...for a superstar he's really down to earth. So I guess he would be my favorite player from a rooting aspect.

In term of watching guys play, I like Tiger, Phil, Kuch, Els, Bradley, Adam Scott (I did hate it when he went with the long putter though)...mostly taller guys that are my stature. I like watching Rory as well...I think Bubba is just a brat, but I love his approach to the game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man - that is an old picture. Look how skinny he is & he is wearing normal looking clothes! I have even heard some folks who have dealt with Daly say that he is d-bag. I think it is pretty safe to say that almost every golfer (and person) has their good and bad days & if any of us encounter them one or two times we may be catching them on a bad day. Truth is just about all of these guys have good and bad points. Point in case - I know that many of you hate Tiger yet you just ignore the millions of dollars that he is responsible in giving to kids, vets and to other charities. Perhaps he is not the devil on earth as some of you like to think.

Daly...a good friend of mine was in his presence more than once...he's good friends with someone that is fairly close to Daly...a friend of a friend kind of deal. He said John was a really nice guy. Always treated his friends (and their friends) to food and drink quite often when he was in town for the Memphis tour stop (at one point lived in there I think)...but he had a little edge to him and that edge could become pretty sharp when he's had too much to drink.

That's how he became broke...on top of smoking, drinking and gambling, he was just willing to help anybody.

Good to see him straighten things out, but he'll always be a draw...if he can hang in there til 50 and hit the SR tour, he could rake up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daly...a good friend of mine was in his presence more than once...he's good friends with someone that is fairly close to Daly...a friend of a friend kind of deal. He said John was a really nice guy. Always treated his friends (and their friends) to food and drink quite often when he was in town for the Memphis tour stop (at one point lived in there I think)...but he had a little edge to him and that edge could become pretty sharp when he's had too much to drink.

That's how he became broke...on top of smoking, drinking and gambling, he was just willing to help anybody.

Good to see him straighten things out, but he'll always be a draw...if he can hang in there til 50 and hit the SR tour, he could rake up.

Yep - kind of proves my point. Someone who ran into Daly after a bender or perhaps just after he lost a bunch of $$ might think that he is a terrible person. He was another one who does really well with most interviews.

I actually like to see guys who show some of their emotions at times - it makes them more human. Compare that to someone like Adam Scott who am sure is a great guy but pretty much never shows any emotion - I would rather see a Bradley type who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - kind of proves my point. Someone who ran into Daly after a bender or perhaps just after he lost a bunch of $$ might think that he is a terrible person. He was another one who does really well with most interviews.

I actually like to see guys who show some of their emotions at times - it makes them more human. Compare that to someone like Adam Scott who am sure is a great guy but pretty much never shows any emotion - I would rather see a Bradley type who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

I prefer the laid back, been-there-done-that, type of player who keeps an even keel when shit is going crazy around him.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley really came across well during that recent interview on the Feherty show. I would also add Duffner to that list - he was also killer on a recent Howard Stern interview.

Feherty is probably my favorite announcer of any sport. He's great on the DP Show and any interview off of the air.

A good friend of mine and I also make friendly wagers on when Dustin Johnson will choke if he starts off hot. It started out as an inside joke but it's been running for a while now.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feherty is probably my favorite announcer of any sport. He's great on the DP Show and any interview off of the air.

A good friend of mine and I also make friendly wagers on when Dustin Johnson will choke if he starts off hot. It started out as an inside joke but it's been running for a while now.

He's funny, so is McChord. I like their self-depracating style of humor.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like him better on golf telecasts than his show but Feherty is a likeable guy...doesn't take himself too serious...humble guy.