• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite and least favorite

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who was everybody's "That team just got amazing value" and the opposite of that "wow they reached" picks of the 1st round.

I would say value wise and I hate saying this in I was impressed with the Patriots getting Malcom Brown. No way he should have been there and I cannot believe Indy and Green Bay passed on him for the players they did.

My what were they thinking picks though were San Fran with Arik Armstead and Indy picking a WR. Armstead maybe can develop into a great player but so far the kid is no where near knowing how to use his physical freakness. He just doesn't have that look of a great football player. For Indy not that they didn't get a talented player but I had him with a 2nd round grade and WR being one of the least positions that Indy needed. I mean both OL and DL needed some major help and both still had some very talented players with 1st round grades left and they go with a WR that will be 4th on their depth chart possibly. Just doesn't make much sense.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who was everybody's "That team just got amazing value" and the opposite of that "wow they reached" picks of the 1st round.

I would say value wise and I hate saying this in I was impressed with the Patriots getting Malcom Brown. No way he should have been there and I cannot believe Indy and Green Bay passed on him for the players they did.

My what were they thinking picks though were San Fran with Arik Armstead and Indy picking a WR. Armstead maybe can develop into a great player but so far the kid is no where near knowing how to use his physical freakness. He just doesn't have that look of a great football player. For Indy not that they didn't get a talented player but I had him with a 2nd round grade and WR being one of the least positions that Indy needed. I mean both OL and DL needed some major help and both still had some very talented players with 1st round grades left and they go with a WR that will be 4th on their depth chart possibly. Just doesn't make much sense.

I was also surprised that Indy took a WR. They are definitely strong at that position now. Seems they have more pressing needs, but I guess they thought Dorsett is just too good to pass on. Kind of interesting that they now have two smaller type WRs in he and Hilton, along with two big guys in Johnson and Moncrief.

Might be a homer pick, but I'm pretty excited by Denver having moved up to get Ray. Obviously some concerns about him, but he seems to have tremendous upside as a pass rusher.

As a Detroit fan pointed out last night, kind of strange that Detroit took a G after trading for one.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will just talk about the 2 teams I care about- the Giants and Jets

The Giants reached a little, but it was a good reach... Sometimes, if there is no trade available and you know you need something, you have to reach for something...

The Jets... Yes I know they arguably got the best player in the draft, but I was HOPING they would go offense... I guess there are players you just CANT let past you, but still I am a little disappointed... Would have LOVED them to get Gurley or even an OL... don't mind reaching if they are the player that fits your team best...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Jets came out as big winners given where they got Leonard Williams. Big time value given how far he fell.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Detroit fan pointed out last night, kind of strange that Detroit took a G after trading for one.
But he was your center for two years correct? We have a young guy that was probably going to start at center after only starting one time. This gives us a guy that can come in and play center if need be. Also, depth on our O-line was lacking last year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he was your center for two years correct? We have a young guy that was probably going to start at center after only starting one time. This gives us a guy that can come in and play center if need be. Also, depth on our O-line was lacking last year.

You are right that he also plays center. Can't remember if he started every game at C for the past two years, but I know he did play multiple positions. Guess that makes getting him and then drafting a guard make more sense than I had considered.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right that he also plays center. Can't remember if he started every game at C for the past two years, but I know he did play multiple positions. Guess that makes getting him and then drafting a guard make more sense than I had considered.

He started the year as our starter but then was benched for bad play. The Broncos tried to use a lot more ZBS this past year and he was one that really struggled with that type of movement. Now if I remember right the Lions like to run a more Power blocking type scheme so he should be a good fit for the Lions. It is one of those that with the Broncos he is a back up at best but in the right scheme he is a decent player. He just doesn't fit our new coaching staff at all but he is a great guy so the Lions are getting a good lockerroom player. To me this trade was a win/win for both teams. The Broncos got out of a bad contract for a player at best being a back up and didn't have to give up any of their prime picks to move up while the Lions essentially get possibly 2 new starters for their OL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners
Jets
- Snagging the top D-Lineman in the draft and a possible replacement if Wilkerson leaves is huge. A front 3 to 4 consisting of Wilkerson, Richardson, and Williams? Possibly just passed Bills for scariest DL.
Bears - Didn't do anything fancy. Take the talent while it's there. White is a huge replacement for Marshall.
Vikings - Stayed put and got their guy. Waynes is a PERFECT fit for Zimmer's defensive press coverage style.
Falcons - Stayed put and got their guy. Beasley will help a terrible defense with zero pass rush in Atlanta immediately.
Dolphins - Did not imagine Parker falling to 14 and the Dolphins made a smart move by snagging a replacement for Wallace. Greg Jennings was not a long or really short term solution as he's lost a step big time. Parker is projected no.1 wideout solution.
Steelers - Every freaking year.... I don't get it. The Steelers always have some amazing talent fall to them. Hopefully Dupree doesn't get injured like some of the talent that dropped has been. Dupree could've been a top 10 pick so this is HUGE value here.

Losers
Titans
- So you're going to put a QB who ran the most simple offense his college career into one of the most complex playbooks/offenses in the NFL? How the Titans did not trade down is beyond me.
Packers - Huh? You already have two decent safeties and could've traded back for this guy?
Colts - Johnson, Hilton, Moncrief, why did they draft WR again?
Redskins - I get you want to protect RG Knee, but passing on Williams for a GUARD top 5? Huh?
49ers - I know you want a replacement for Justin Smith but Armstead is an extremely raw player. This is Dion Jordan #2 all over again. Using a 2nd rounder on Armstead makes much more sense.

Honorable mention: Browns. Why in the hell would you take a player who projects the best at center when you have Alex Mack? Only reason this isn't on the losers alone is Shelton was a solid pick.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best pick - Falcons getting Beasley. In the NFL game, run stoppers are a dime a dozen so get the best pass rusher and worry about the rest of it with your later round picks.

Worst pick - Washington picked a power run blocking guard and thinks he'll play RT. Overdrafted by about 10 spots

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think San Diego reached with Melvin Gordon. Their offensive line isn't good enough for him to make a big difference for them. It kind of reminds me of their Ryan Mathews selection.

I was surprised the Jets were able to get Williams. I think they got a lot of value out of that selection and they likely favored him over Fowler.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners
Jets
- Snagging the top D-Lineman in the draft and a possible replacement if Wilkerson leaves is huge. A front 3 to 4 consisting of Wilkerson, Richardson, and Williams? Possibly just passed Bills for scariest DL.
Bears - Didn't do anything fancy. Take the talent while it's there. White is a huge replacement for Marshall.
Vikings - Stayed put and got their guy. Waynes is a PERFECT fit for Zimmer's defensive press coverage style.
Falcons - Stayed put and got their guy. Beasley will help a terrible defense with zero pass rush in Atlanta immediately.
Dolphins - Did not imagine Parker falling to 14 and the Dolphins made a smart move by snagging a replacement for Wallace. Greg Jennings was not a long or really short term solution as he's lost a step big time. Parker is projected no.1 wideout solution.
Steelers - Every freaking year.... I don't get it. The Steelers always have some amazing talent fall to them. Hopefully Dupree doesn't get injured like some of the talent that dropped has been. Dupree could've been a top 10 pick so this is HUGE value here.

Losers
Titans
- So you're going to put a QB who ran the most simple offense his college career into one of the most complex playbooks/offenses in the NFL? How the Titans did not trade down is beyond me.
Packers - Huh? You already have two decent safeties and could've traded back for this guy?
Colts - Johnson, Hilton, Moncrief, why did they draft WR again?
Redskins - I get you want to protect RG Knee, but passing on Williams for a GUARD top 5? Huh?
49ers - I know you want a replacement for Justin Smith but Armstead is an extremely raw player. This is Dion Jordan #2 all over again. Using a 2nd rounder on Armstead makes much more sense.

Honorable mention: Browns. Why in the hell would you take a player who projects the best at center when you have Alex Mack? Only reason this isn't on the losers alone is Shelton was a solid pick.

You have to remember with the Browns pick of Erving that he is probably the most versatile OL player in the entire draft. The guy has played just about every position on the OL and been successful wherever they put him. They can plug him in at Guard or even RT if needed this year. Throw in Mack has an opt-out part of his contract after this year so I could see him exercising that if the Browns don't show improvement.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember with the Browns pick of Erving that he is probably the most versatile OL player in the entire draft. The guy has played just about every position on the OL and been successful wherever they put him. They can plug him in at Guard or even RT if needed this year. Throw in Mack has an opt-out part of his contract after this year so I could see him exercising that if the Browns don't show improvement.

Fair point.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about Bears- love White, saw him play quite a bit this year, and he's legit.

But dont the Bears need defensive players? What about offensive lineman? I dont know, dont know their roster that well

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about Bears- love White, saw him play quite a bit this year, and he's legit.

But dont the Bears need defensive players? What about offensive lineman? I dont know, dont know their roster that well

Defense was definitely a major issue for them this past year. White though makes sense in with Marshall gone you needed that other great WR opposite Jeffrey. Gives the offense a nice 1-2 combo still that can grow together. I was a little surprised with Beasley still on the board and the switch to the 3-4 defense this year that they didn't take him or Shelton.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners
Jets

Losers
Titans
Colts
- Johnson, Hilton, Moncrief, why did they draft WR again?

The thing is he wont be used as a safety in GB he will be at corner where is a bigger need after losing 2 corners:

Tom Oates: Ted Thompson takes gamble with defensive back Damarious Randall as first-round pick : Sports

Since the safety position is well-stocked in Green Bay with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde, Sean Richardson and Chris Banjo, the pick initially looked curious. However, it quickly became obvious the Packers plan to move Randall to cornerback, one of two positions of extreme need (along with inside linebacker) on coordinator Dom Capers’ defense going into the draft.

“We think he’s a very versatile player,” Thompson said. “We’ll probably line him up as a corner, but in Dom’s system, those defensive backs are all over the place.”

Randall played safety during his two seasons at Arizona State and multiple scouts have called him the best cover safety in the draft. That’s well and good, but the Packers need a cover cornerback after losing Tramon Williams and Davon House in free agency, not a cover safety.

According to ESPN Stats and Information, the Packers allowed 22 touchdown passes to wide receivers last year, second-most in the NFL. Now they’re betting Randall can make the conversion and do it quickly since starter Sam Shields and nickel back Casey Hayward are the only true cornerbacks with experience on the roster.

How convinced are the Packers that Randall can make that transition?

“There wasn’t much conversation when it got to be our pick,” Thompson said.

From a talent standpoint, there was nothing surprising about Randall going at No. 30. Most scouts projected him as a late-first round or early second-round pick, but as a safety. The only questions are whether Randall has the skills and, at a shade under 5-foot-11, the size to play cornerback in the NFL.

“He was a starting safety for them and a good one,” Thompson said. “He would’ve been their best corner, which was what was told to me, but in their defense, the safety play is so important and crucial to the production of the defense that they had to play him on the inside.”

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very important question... Has anyone ever heard anyone call Adrian Peterson Purple Jesus??

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to think the Redskins made a good pick. They are in desperate need of OL help. I think Scherff can start at OG and move to RT in a few years. Not sexy, but the Redskins have picked sexy a lot and been left with nothing. Ditto the Giants. Not a sexy pick but a guy who looks like a solid RT prospect.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to think the Redskins made a good pick. They are in desperate need of OL help. I think Scherff can start at OG and move to RT in a few years. Not sexy, but the Redskins have picked sexy a lot and been left with nothing. Ditto the Giants. Not a sexy pick but a guy who looks like a solid RT prospect.

I think the issue isn't so much that they didn't get a talented player. The issue is more who was still on the board in Leonard Williams who by most is considered the best player in this draft and one of the few that you can just build an entire defense around. Scherff while a good player just looks like another good but not great OL prospect. To me if you are using a top-5 pick on the OL then they better be your bookend LT that protects your quarterback for the next 10-15 years.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yours...IND, I agree 100%...Moncrief is not established so I could see if they took a stab on bigger WR, but Hilton is a stud...why draft another smallish WR?

GB...this one I understand better...this kids was leaping up the board if you listen to the Mayocks of the NFL...maybe they could've gone LB. but this pick I can't say was a bad one.

Mine...CLE...now with a 3-4 DEF front...Stelton looks good...but what happens to Phil Taylor...6-3" 335...he's a NT or a 4-3 DT, only 27 y/o...solid pick, like the player, but the fit is a question....the one the baffled me even more Erving. But I've since seen reports that Mack might leave after this season so it makes more sense.

Day one winner...imo the Saints....most boards I saw had Stephone going in the 2nd, but late 1st is not much of a reach...plus they get a plug n play Ot albeit RT most likely to start. Both of those players should contribute early.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite NYJ/NE/DEN in that order
Least Favorite IND/GB