• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fav/Least favorite Mayhew draft picks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite pick is Warford in a landslide. I truly thought he should have been considered a mid 2nd rd pick and I'm ecstatic to have him as a Lion. (I'm discounting all/any 1st rd picks automatically bc they "should be no-brainers" when considering top 5 picks Staff, Suh, Ansah. Yes I realize Fairley #13, Pettipoops #20 and Reiff #23). I absolutely hated the picks of Fairley and Pettipoops and still do.

My least favorite is a tie between Best (2 significant concussions in college and 1 in H.S. and Mayhew having played the game at the Pro-level should have known better) and Broyles (C'MON MAN, He was coming off an ACL, really, really ? I could care less if he was a considered "a possible 1st rd selection" prior to injury. Damn man, we could have gotten LB LaVonte David and I sooo desperately wanted that kid in a Lions uni. He had already witnessed Fox having troubles for 2 years at this point trying to come back/could care less that Fox was a 4th rd'er. Mayhew trading up in the draft to date is 0 for 3, IMO, Best (gone), LeShoure (no need to trade up and get a RB, period, they're done in 4-5 years), Whitehead (giving up our 2013 4th rd pick to trade up in the 2012 5th rd was a waste of a future pick, IMO, when he could have been had at our original 5th rd slot, where Greenwood was selected. Maybe Whitehead becomes something but those 4th rd picks should still provide an impact as a rotational guy. Mayhew has wasted future picks by trading up.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn man, we could have gotten LB LaVonte David and I sooo desperately wanted that kid in a Lions uni.

I absolutely loved David. That guy was all over the field at Nebraska. I was actually counting down the picks and screaming for them to draft David. Then the pick came in and I wanted to throw up.

I have a feeling I am going to be doing a lot of the same thing in this draft as it is counted down to #10. I will just be screaming for any and every team to draft Watkins or Evans, so the Lions won't at #10.:laugh3:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trustme

Do not be surprised to see LB/DE Barr as the selection even if Evans is there. On our draft thread, I had posted some notes from Dave Birketts weekly bogs and he stated the same above. Pass Rusher trumps WR as they are harder to come by and especially this year with the draft being wr heavy.

I'm with you all the way on LaVonte David. Broke a beer mug on the Broyles pick. Then a huge WTF !

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ive told he story before so wont say it again but titus is by far my least favorite, followed by broyles, best and leshoure. If they draft a wide out at ten he will then surpass a few of those guys, not that he will suck. I think evans will be good, but it will set this team back again. Favorite no brainer pick is suh, favorite impressive pick is warford. Favorite mayhew pick that made him look like millen is either broyles, best, leshoure, pettigrew, williams, or titus.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trustme

Do not be surprised to see LB/DE Barr as the selection even if Evans is there. On our draft thread, I had posted some notes from Dave Birketts weekly bogs and he stated the same above. Pass Rusher trumps WR as they are harder to come by and especially this year with the draft being wr heavy.

I'm with you all the way on LaVonte David. Broke a beer mug on the Broyles pick. Then a huge WTF !

If theres any hope for this team that is exactly what needs to happen. If millenhew drafts evans he needs to be fired immediately.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite pick is Warford in a landslide. I truly thought he should have been considered a mid 2nd rd pick and I'm ecstatic to have him as a Lion. (I'm discounting all/any 1st rd picks automatically bc they "should be no-brainers" when considering top 5 picks Staff, Suh, Ansah. Yes I realize Fairley #13, Pettipoops #20 and Reiff #23). I absolutely hated the picks of Fairley and Pettipoops and still do.

My least favorite is a tie between Best (2 significant concussions in college and 1 in H.S. and Mayhew having played the game at the Pro-level should have known better) and Broyles (C'MON MAN, He was coming off an ACL, really, really ? I could care less if he was a considered "a possible 1st rd selection" prior to injury. Damn man, we could have gotten LB LaVonte David and I sooo desperately wanted that kid in a Lions uni. He had already witnessed Fox having troubles for 2 years at this point trying to come back/could care less that Fox was a 4th rd'er. Mayhew trading up in the draft to date is 0 for 3, IMO, Best (gone), LeShoure (no need to trade up and get a RB, period, they're done in 4-5 years), Whitehead (giving up our 2013 4th rd pick to trade up in the 2012 5th rd was a waste of a future pick, IMO, when he could have been had at our original 5th rd slot, where Greenwood was selected. Maybe Whitehead becomes something but those 4th rd picks should still provide an impact as a rotational guy. Mayhew has wasted future picks by trading up.

:10: best post on this thread.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10: best post on this thread.

Not really. Fox was a decent player. Unfortunately for him, by the time he got healthy, Waddle was already better than him.

Miami signed him and he is penciled in as their starter. At least until the draft that is. Word is the Dolphins are targeting Lewan.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Fox was a decent player. Unfortunately for him, by the time he got healthy, Waddle was already better than him.

Miami signed him and he is penciled in as their starter. At least until the draft that is. Word is the Dolphins are targeting Lewan.

Fox is garbage and always has been, if he all of the sudden becomes serviceable awesome for him. He has always sucked and been injured.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw I loved the warford pick but will be the first to admit I never expected him to do his well.