• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fav/Least favorite Mayhew draft picks.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple, and to the point. Who is your favorite Mayhew draft pick, and which one do you hate the most.

You can do hindsight (Titus Young for worst probably) or you can list who was your favorite pick and least favorite pick at the time of each pick.

I'll go first.

Favorite: Suh: It's a football miracle that he landed in our laps with the Rams passing on Sanchez and taking Jason Smith the year before.

Least favorite: Ryan Broyles. By the time he was drafted, I was already sick and tired of Mayhew using 1st and 2nd picks on RB's, WR's and TE's. Another "this guy would be drafted a lot higher if he wasn't injured" player Mayhew loves so much. That's like saying "that chick would be hot if she wasn't missing an eye and all of her teeth."

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite draft pick -- DeAndre Levy if he continues to play at the level he did in 2013. The 1st round picks have done really well, but it is the later round picks where average teams because really good teams.

Least Favorite pick -- Detroit 1st round pick in 2014 if they draft another WR. They already have the highest paid WR and signed a guy to a 5 year 31 million dollar deal to be our #2. It would be a luxury pick if they draft a 3rd WR with a top 10 pick.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite- Matthew Stafford. As a big time SEC fan, it was great getting Stafford.
Watkins or Evans would be a close second.

Worst- Ryan Broyles. I was pissed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite: Suh. Least Favorite: not going to bother, you all know who it is.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh fav...

I was pissed they moved up and wasted picks for Best. Don't laugh because I wanted Monterio Hardesty later... boy that would have still sucked. LOL

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Least favorites: Derrick Williams, Ronnell Lewis, and Tahir Whitehead, who they actually TRADED UP to get.

Favorite: Warford. I would have been fine if they had taken him in the 2nd round.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My least favorite was Fairley. It's not even that Fairley was a terrible pick as much as it was that I I was so excited that prince fell to us. I was so pissed that night.

Favorite was Stafford. Was pretty excited to see a good QB in in Detroit.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite pick: Ansah- The guy I wanted the whole time, a more humble JPP.

Least favorite pick: Mikel Leshoure- Trading up back to back years for the NFL's most volitile injury prone position to pick a poor man's version of Ricky Williams.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite - Stafford

Let's face it, Detroit needed a new face of the franchise desperately at that time.

Least - Best

Great guy, but why trade up for him? The risk/reward was too high.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time:

Favorite was Zack Follett. Usually I have no idea who our seventh rounders are. Getting a guy that I not only watched, but really liked made my draft.

Least was every thing between Stafford and Follett in 2009. I was Jonesing for some Laurenitis so I was upset with both the Pettigrew and Delmas picks. I watched a lot of Wisconsin and never noticed Levy. Willimas underperformed at Penn State. the rest was people I had no idea about.

In Hindsight:
Stafford. What can i say I like the guy.

Least favorite would have to go Titus Young.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time:

Favorite was Zack Follett. Usually I have no idea who our seventh rounders are. Getting a guy that I not only watched, but really liked made my draft.

Least was every thing between Stafford and Follett in 2009. I was Jonesing for some Laurenitis so I was upset with both the Pettigrew and Delmas picks. I watched a lot of Wisconsin and never noticed Levy. Willimas underperformed at Penn State. the rest was people I had no idea about.

In Hindsight:
Stafford. What can i say I like the guy.

Least favorite would have to go Titus Young.

In hindsight can I just hate Mayhew?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless he picked himself.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite was not even drafted. UDFA L'Adrian Waddle.

My least favorite was Titus Young. Even before he lost his mind. Never liked him at Boise. He was just a speed guy and those types don't make long lasting impacts in the NFL. Derrick Williams was up there too though.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My least favorite was Titus Young. Even before he lost his mind. Never liked him at Boise. He was just a speed guy and those types don't make long lasting impacts in the NFL. Derrick Williams was up there too though.

They get 5+ years from him and Fauria. I would forgive him for Titus and Mike Thomas debacle. Needs more to cover up Broyles and Best.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite: Warford

Least Favorite: Pick a WR. Any WR.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Least favorite: Fucking Ryan Raburn!!!!!!

I'll always love me some Jahvid Best though.....Risky pick that could do everything Bush does without fumbling minus the concussions.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite Pick: Larry Warford, 3rd RD 2013- If his unprecedented rookie year was any indication we may have snagged a future Hall of Famer in the 3rd round. Warford was ridiculously good for a rookie last year, easily a top-5 guard all season long. Gotta be Mayhew's best pick, imo.

Least Favorite Pick: Brandon Pettigrew, 1st round 2009- I was ok with the pick at the time, and he's been a pretty good TE on the whole, but Percey Harvin, Alex Mack, Vontae Davis, and Clay Matthews were among the next 6 players picked. Any of those guys would have made a bigger impact than Pettigrew has...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh fav...

I was pissed they moved up and wasted picks for Best. Don't laugh because I wanted Monterio Hardesty later... boy that would have still sucked. LOL

:agree:

I was pissed when I heard we traded up for a RB with concussion issues in college.

Pettigrew would be a close second, we needed to grab one of the LBs that were available at that point. I knew Laurintis(sp) was a Buckeye and most would not like that here, but he is quietly having a better career then Pettigrew.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What was the deal with D Williams. I went to a Rams game, where he was open every play, but Stafford never even looked at him.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I was pissed when I heard we traded up for a RB with concussion issues in college.

Pettigrew would be a close second, we needed to grab one of the LBs that were available at that point. I knew Laurintis(sp) was a Buckeye and most would not like that here, but he is quietly having a better career then Pettigrew.

Once a kid is drafted, he is longer a fuckeye. Really think about players you hate from rival schools is usually they were good against the team of choice.

Funny how I do not at all want to see Lewan in Detroit. No worries won't happen anyway.