• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Farrell trying to lose WS

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other reason why he would keep using Breslow

spastiklad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubront should have never been taken out!

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Farrell thought Breslow was that bad Breslow wouldn't be on the roster at all.

spastiklad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saltimasuckia has to hold the ball!!!!!!! Please have Ross in there tomorrow I beg you!

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Farrell thought Breslow was that bad Breslow wouldn't be on the roster at all.

Ya well that is 2 games Breslow has cost the red sox. He is on the roster because they don't have another LHP. Dubront has been a starter. Can't depend on him to play a role he is not use 2

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saltimasuckia has to hold the ball!!!!!!! Please have Ross in there tomorrow I beg you!

Agreed but let's face it, Salty is not a genius when it comes to baseball IQ

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breslow has been, at least occasionally, good out of the pen. Not very consistent, but not consistently bad either.

Accusing Farrell of trying to lose is idiotic or insane, possibly both.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breslow gave up a bloop single and then threw a strike that was a HBP It was saltys bad throw that cost them the game Should be starting Ross who has hit better and plays better D

Not sure why both doubie and workman were used but does this mean we get dempster when buch can only go 4 IP yikes:suds::suds:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breslow gave up a bloop single and then threw a strike that was a HBP It was saltys bad throw that cost them the game Should be starting Ross who has hit better and plays better D

Not sure why both doubie and workman were used but does this mean we get dempster when buch can only go 4 IP yikes:suds::suds:
Let's just hope Buchholz can go longer than 4.

And that we have a big lead when he leaves!

BTW, I won't complain if Ross gets the call at C tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope Buchholz can go longer than 4.

And that we have a big lead when he leaves!

BTW, I won't complain if Ross gets the call at C tonight.

The will go with Salty because he is a switch hitter. Ross will only get in when Lester goes again

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breslow has been, at least occasionally, good out of the pen. Not very consistent, but not consistently bad either.

Accusing Farrell of trying to lose is idiotic or insane, possibly both.

He sucked vs Det and so far this series. Last night Kojii came in to clean up his mess... again. Why would he take Dubront out when he is mowing down the Cards? Why did he not use Nap to pinch hit and put him behind the plate? I'm sure nap could survive one night od catching. He use to do it with Tex. I'm sure Napolie would not have tossed the all 10 ft wide of Middlebrooks

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And who did he give up the single to? Carpenter. Not exactly known as a lethal hitter. Lefty lefty match up and once again , like Breslow has done all post season he was unable to get the out

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who did he give up the single to? Carpenter. Not exactly known as a lethal hitter. Lefty lefty match up and once again , like Breslow has done all post season he was unable to get the out

Carpenter led the league in hits /runs/doubles yea id call him a pretty good hitter:suds:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sucked vs Det and so far this series. Last night Kojii came in to clean up his mess... again. Why would he take Dubront out when he is mowing down the Cards? Why did he not use Nap to pinch hit and put him behind the plate? I'm sure nap could survive one night od catching. He use to do it with Tex. I'm sure Napolie would not have tossed the all 10 ft wide of Middlebrooks
Dubrount has not been the definition of consistency, so I wont knock lifting him if he appears to be
near the end of his rope.

Farrell, as both a former pitcher and pitching coach has a better eye for that than I do.

I doubt I would have replaced him with Breslow but it was to early to go to Tazawa or Uehara.

Who else was available?

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubrount has not been the definition of consistency, so I wont knock lifting him if he appears to be

Farrell, as both a former pitcher and pitching coach has a better eye for that than I do.

I doubt I would have replaced him with Breslow but it was to early to go to Tazawa or Uehara.

Who else was available?

Both Taz and Koji gave up dbls The team lost this game not 1 player it was a group fuck up

btw going into game 2 breslow had 4 holds and a win in the other 2 series Farrell trusted him and he didnt get it done:suds:

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Taz and Koji gave up dbls The team lost this game not 1 player it was a group fuck up

btw going into game 2 breslow had 4 holds and a win in the other 2 series Farrell trusted him and he didnt get it done:suds:

He did not get in done in game2 either

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who else was available?

would have used Tazawa

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carpenter led the league in hits /runs/doubles yea id call him a pretty good hitter:suds:

Ellsbury had 32 hr's and 105 rbi in 2011 is he considered a power hitter now because of what he did in one season? Brady Anderson hit 50 hr's and had 110 rbi in 96 is he a power hitter for what he did in one season? If Carpenter does what he did this seasin the next 3 seasons ten fine but after having a fluky season not ready to say he is a star

spastiklad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An overall poor managing job by Farrell and I'm sick of Salty trying to hit the ball to the moon everytime.

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An overall poor managing job by Farrell and I'm sick of Salty trying to hit the ball to the moon everytime.

I agree spas but the team had a huge turnaround so he will prob be back